Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Meet and Greet (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Hello from newbie (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12575)

Goteegoat 01-27-2010 04:33 PM

Hello from newbie

Saw the cross post on the gto forums for your next cruise and decided to take a look at the forum. I liked what I saw in cross section of different vehicles and the fact you guys basically do what vehicles were intended to do which is to “drive them”. I hope to make the February cruise. I am in the San Diego area. My current ride is a 04 gto with mods to stop, turn and accelerate better then stock.

older pic-

RiSSa 01-27-2010 05:26 PM

Welcome to another new person, where did you take that picture?

94cobra69ss396 01-27-2010 05:38 PM

Welcome. So what mods do you have? The 2004 was the 5.7, correct? I think that is the year my buddies is but he now has twin turbos on it.

BRIAN 01-27-2010 05:47 PM

Talked to a guy from San Diego at Irwindale one night, said he was a GM tuner. Wasn't you was it? lol

Welcome :)

SeanPlunk 01-27-2010 05:51 PM

Car looks great. My youngest brother is talking about picking up an LS2 GTO. I see you're a collinite dealer as well. I just got a Porter Cable and need to get some product. I may hit you up for advice when the time comes.

Vettezuki 01-27-2010 06:00 PM

Welcome aboard. I think we may begin approaching having enough members down in SD to maybe put a cruise together down there some day. If you have any cool routes, send them to SeanPlunk.

Goteegoat 01-27-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiSSa (Post 43719)
Welcome to another new person, where did you take that picture?

Lake Hemet of last year around Feb, there was still light snow from the week before i think. That actually has a great twisty route/roads to get to it.

Goteegoat 01-27-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 43724)
Welcome. So what mods do you have? The 2004 was the 5.7, correct? I think that is the year my buddies is but he now has twin turbos on it.

I like to keep the mods close to my vest so to speak. It is the ls1, it sounds stock and am around the higher mid 300 in wheel power. I got stoptech/bear brakes and a lot of suspension mods to get this fat boat to handle better. I am really about the twisties and not the 1320 with my daily driver. Though the cars payment free now and I may go engine crazy soon.

Goteegoat 01-27-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRIAN (Post 43733)
Talked to a guy from San Diego at Irwindale one night, said he was a GM tuner. Wasn't you was it? lol

Welcome :)

Nope not me, though i do have a copy of HP Tuners.

Goteegoat 01-27-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 43737)
Car looks great. My youngest brother is talking about picking up an LS2 GTO. I see you're a collinite dealer as well. I just got a Porter Cable and need to get some product. I may hit you up for advice when the time comes.

Collinite makes some great wax. Just keep in mind they don't really have any abrasive polishes you would want to use with a PC. Hit me up for any questions you have and also I'll be happy to send you a sample of some of the Collinite products.