Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tickets and Accidents (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Ditched a ticket (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2880)

enkeivette 04-09-2009 12:48 AM

Ditched a ticket

So I'm flying down this street at 2am, see a yield sign, look left and I don't see anyone for miles. So I fly past it, in the last second of merging I see a piggie. Came right up on his ass as he merged, obviously speeding and not being a cautious merger. Very unlike me, at least the second part.

So instinctually I step on the brakes, kinda hard, so does he. I turn in the first driveway available, once again out of instinct, so does he (turning into the driveway right after the one that I turned into). I realize that he can't enter the parking lot from the one way street that he went down, so I take off and hide.

Ticket free. :D

SeanPlunk 04-09-2009 02:14 PM

LOL, just hope the cop car didn't have a camera on the front to get your license plate # :thumbs_up:

Leedom 04-09-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 20050)
LOL, just hope the cop car didn't have a camera on the front to get your license plate # :thumbs_up:

Buzzkill!

SexyLxy 04-09-2009 03:38 PM

You and the cops are not friends.

Hey what ever happened with your "school bus" incident?

enkeivette 04-09-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 20054)
Buzzkill!

First of all, I was in my friends Jeep. So the cop would need to prove that my friend, who is registered to that plate, was actually driving the car. Secondly, the law that I was breaking, if even identifiable would be an obscure and ambigous one I'm sure. It's not like he has me on camera running a red light. Further, the car is registered to an address in Corona, it's not like he could have shown up at my front door.

enkeivette 04-09-2009 07:24 PM

School bus ticket, still think I'm going to find it. I've given up on CA law, looking for another state to use citing a double yellow as a divided highway. That in combination with the CA case citing that our code lacks a definition, might work...

At least if I appeal. Trial traffic court judges are laaazy.

Asrtive 04-14-2009 06:54 PM

Driving like that is why i dont have any tickets at all, knocking on wood hehe. Good manuver i mean maneuer, lol

SeanPlunk 04-14-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asrtive (Post 20430)
Driving like that is why i dont have any tickets at all, knocking on wood hehe. Good manuver i mean maneuer, lol

Long time no see, what have you been up to?

Asrtive 04-14-2009 07:28 PM

Hey sean whats up bro , just been busy w/kid stuff and internet dating hahaha, but seriously i did meet a gal and trying to conform her into a motor head haha, hey i know you guys are busy but if you can get away for a few try to go to our dyno day bbq at stack performance in anaheim, i can give you details if intrested, it's the least i can do for you guys for all that youv'e done around here let me know Love to see yall there This sunday. C-ya gene

SeanPlunk 04-14-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asrtive (Post 20434)
Hey sean whats up bro , just been busy w/kid stuff and internet dating hahaha, but seriously i did meet a gal and trying to conform her into a motor head haha, hey i know you guys are busy but if you can get away for a few try to go to our dyno day bbq at stack performance in anaheim, i can give you details if intrested, it's the least i can do for you guys for all that youv'e done around here let me know Love to see yall there This sunday. C-ya gene

Gene,

This Sunday is Fabulous Fords Forever, but what time is your dyno day?