Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Body, Paint, Name, Logos (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053)

joedls 12-31-2008 01:59 PM

RX-Snake: Body, Paint, Name, Logos

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 12164)
We need a name for this--- Like Mazbra or something simular?? "Cobza"---you get the idea.

How about RX Snake?

big2bird 12-31-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 12168)
How about RX Snake?

"APEX" (Make fun of the rotary seals):judge::laugh:

joedls 01-04-2009 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12436)

BTW, I've creaed a special user account for our project cars. Here's RX-Snake

Do I get a prize for naming her?

enkeivette 01-04-2009 12:52 PM

With a tight budget in mind we could use all paintwithpearl.com stuff.

Candy Orange for the lettering. (Motorgen.com on both sides, in huge letters.)

Blue Pearl over a white base.

We could also do a violet or a red pearl, or even a gold pearl over the white. For a very subtle look, you can do white pearl over white, but I imagine the theme of this car will not be subtle.

I was thinking that we could get a large dark blue vinyl cut out of a logo, maybe something like this. And lay it on the hood, over the white base before we clear it. By the way if you guys want to save time and money, we could also do that with the large motorgen logos on the side. Have some large neon orange vinyls made, put them on the white base after it dries for a few hours, then clear over vinyl. That's a great clean way to get a custom look.

If you guys like this idea, we should have Steve photoshop a nice one.

This guy cleared over an autobots logo on this motorcyle. You can't even tell that it was vinyl.

joedls 01-04-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12473)
Sean said he'd give you a big hug.

No, thanks. He can give it to you instead.

Vettezuki 01-04-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 12479)
With a tight budget in mind we could use all paintwithpearl.com stuff.

Candy Orange for the lettering. (Motorgen.com on both sides, in huge letters.)

. . .

Blue Pearl over a white base.

. . .

We could also do a violet or a red pearl, or even a gold pearl over the white. For a very subtle look, you can do white pearl over white, but I imagine the theme of this car will not be subtle.

I was thinking that we could get a large dark blue vinyl cut out of a logo, maybe something like this. And lay it on the hood, over the white base before we clear it. By the way if you guys want to save time and money, we could also do that with the large motorgen logos on the side. Have some large neon orange vinyls made, put them on the white base after it dries for a few hours, then clear over vinyl. That's a great clean way to get a custom look.

. . .

If you guys like this idea, we should have Steve photoshop a nice one.

This guy cleared over an autobots logo on this motorcyle. You can't even tell that it was vinyl.

. . .

I think we'll go blue pearl over white with the candy orange lettering. I'd like to paint the engine bay and interior as well. Gentleman, get ready to sand and prep, this bit will be labor intensive.

I also really like the direction of the RX Snake logo you mocked up. My only concern would be the IP rights to the snake. :huh: Especially considering Ford's penchant for going after enthusiasts for your using their trademarks. It's a touchy area.

Leedom 01-04-2009 11:45 PM

Here is a very rough concept for the RX-Snake Logo. Let me know what you guys think.

enkeivette 01-05-2009 12:15 AM

It's cool. I vote for mine over that one... but nicely done. Make one that looks like mine and let's make a poll. :D

I think it's funny that RX was supposed to stand for rotary experimental, so we're getting rid of the wrong part of the model name. Not that 7 is any more an indication of the car than RX, I think 7 denotes the 7th attempt?

Vettezuki 01-05-2009 12:34 AM

I actually like them both. But whatever we do, can we make it so we don't get sued by Ford. Thanks.

Leedom 01-05-2009 06:59 AM

That was my reasoning for doing the snake the way I did it, don't want motorgen to get sued. I will have to do some more rough concepts for people to possibly vote on and then make a really good one.