Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Cadillac ATS Renders (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21922)

SeanPlunk 10-29-2010 10:28 AM

Cadillac ATS Renders

I love it. Very nice design. These are renderings based on a private screening where GM showed the car off.

Coupe

Sedan

Vert

ATS-V

Wagon

ATS-V Wagon

jedhead 10-29-2010 11:49 AM

Looking good. I wonder how much of the design will make it to production?

Bob

SeanPlunk 10-29-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedhead (Post 61958)
Looking good. I wonder how much of the design will make it to production?

Bob

Supposedly the renderings are based on the actual car. Take that with a grain of salt though. I'm more interested in what motor would go into an ATS-V. I don't think they'd put the LS-A in because the ATS is smaller than a CTS and thus it would be faster. I'm thinking maybe an LS3. That would be a really fun car. I also like the look of the ATS coupe better than the CTS coupe. The rear quarter panel is better incorporated IMHO.

jedhead 10-29-2010 12:53 PM

But the LSA is only a blower away from the LS3. As long as a LSX is used, the mods can begin. How about a 427 with a blower?
I think the sedan looks the best in the rederings IMHO.

Bob

Vettezuki 10-29-2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedhead (Post 61965)
. . . I think the sedan looks the best in the rederings IMHO.

Bob

I agree. But overall it's a little chunky for me. If it's a smaller car, I think I'd prefer less "brutal" proportions.

SeanPlunk 10-29-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 61976)
I agree. But overall it's a little chunky for me. If it's a smaller car, I think I'd prefer less "brutal" proportions.

I like the more aggressive look. When did you turn into such a wuss :nutkick:

Vettezuki 10-29-2010 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 61985)
I like the more aggressive look. When did you turn into such a wuss :nutkick:

It's called refinement and comes with age and knowledge. Someday you'll understand. ;)

The "brutal" was referring to the design school at GM, what JC calls designing with a ruler. It can work really well, like the CTS-V Sedan. Here, simply I'm imaging a smaller care with angular features, belt line and proportions that aren't quite working for me. Nothing wrong of course, and I might totally change my opinion when seeing it in person. (Most cars tend to look better in person than in pictures I think.) At least it isn't a cluster fu*k of a rear end like on the CTS-V Coupe. :pot_stir:

blackax 10-29-2010 09:18 PM

Now that's sexy

SeanPlunk 10-29-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 61997)
Now that's sexy

Sonic03SVT 10-29-2010 10:40 PM

Is it wrong that I think the V wagon is 10 pounds of win in a 5 pound bag? I mean, its a wagon!:huh: