Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Official 10/04 K1 Speed Racing Thread! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8486)

SeanPlunk 09-29-2009 08:49 PM

Official 10/04 K1 Speed Racing Thread!

Here's some pics w/commentary (Vettezuki). Click for larger images.

The lighting sucked, but the facility was AWESOME. I look forward to coming back and racing myself. When I did this a couple years ago they were still gas, they're electric now and they look like they really accelerate quite nicely.

SeanPlunk. Never has a person who has never done drugs and even drank look so high . . . Perhaps it's best he hasn't.

Electric go-kart. Check. Fire hood. Check. Short sleeves. Check. Safety list complete.

Tyler.

Leedom explaining the nature of the bet with Sean.

Leedom reminding Sean of the bet.

Me attempting to be artistic with the shutter speed.

=======================
Original Post

We will meet in front of the Anaheim facility at 2:00p.m. on Sunday. If you pay at the facility the cost is roughly $26 for a license and a 14 lap race. If you have a Costco membership you can get the same thing for about $16 by going to Costco and purchasing in advance. I also managed to find a coupon for $5 off that you can print out and use. Here is the coupon:

If you have a helmet you should bring it as I believe they are required. After we all race, I thought we could go to dinner if everyone is up to it. One option would be to go through Santiago Canyon to Fuddruckers in Lake Forest. If anyone else has other suggestions though, I'm happy to hear them. It should be a blast! Here is the calendar link with address. Anyone is welcome and winner gets bragging rights :)

See you all there!

Sean

SeanPlunk 09-29-2009 09:52 PM

If anyone wants to make avatar bets - I'm up for it :)

BlacknBoostn 09-29-2009 11:25 PM

Kera and I are there!!!

Vettezuki 09-30-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 33597)
Kera and I are there!!!

Do you guys know if there is an area where I can stand and videotape, or do all observers have to be inside?

linkwpc 09-30-2009 06:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go guys! a buy get one free coupon!! Download and print away! :thumbs_up:

linkwpc 09-30-2009 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 33599)
Do you guys know if there is an area where I can stand and videotape, or do all observers have to be inside?

I think there is a spot... But it do not remeber if Anaheim facility is the one that hads a Bridge or not... if so you can tape from there!

SeanPlunk 09-30-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkwpc (Post 33601)
Here you go guys! a buy get one free coupon!! Download and print away! :thumbs_up:

Thank you so much - I really, really appreciate it!!! :hail:

BlacknBoostn 09-30-2009 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linkwpc (Post 33601)

:thumbs_up: yessssss More racing for me!!!!

Leedom 09-30-2009 08:56 PM

Sean,

We should call the facility and see if you use the Costco Tickets for K1 if this offer still applies for the buy 1 get 1.

SeanPlunk 09-30-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 33687)
Sean,

We should call the facility and see if you use the Costco Tickets for K1 if this offer still applies for the buy 1 get 1.

Will do - I'll give them a call tomorrow.