Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engines, Transimissions, Suspension, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   2005-2010 Mustang GT with manual transmission needed for magazine project (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17377)

94cobra69ss396 06-14-2010 10:11 AM

2005-2010 Mustang GT with manual transmission needed for magazine project

I have been asked to see if anybody would be interested or might now of somebody interested in having their car featured as part of a tech project/How-To story for 5.0 Mustangs & SuperFords Magazine. As many of you know, GTR High Performance does installation stories for that magazine along with several other nationally published magazines on a regular basis. We
have been asked to round up a 2005-2010 Mustang GT 5 speed manual transmission car for
this project. Since it will be part of a tech project for the magazine, many of the manufacturers that are participating in this story, along with GTR will be offering a partial "sponshorship" for
parts and labor. Here is a quick breakdown of the items that will be installed/featured for this magazine story:

Fox Lake Fully Ported and Polished 3V Cylinder Heads
Comp Cams or Ford Racing Hot Rod Camshafts
Ford Racing Billet Throttle Body
Ford Racing New Intake Manifold

These are the major components. There will be other misc. items such as ARP head bolts, gaskets, etc. required which will be sourced at a later point. If anyone is interested, please PM me. The car must be relatively stock (ie. bolt on parts OK like cold air, mufflers, pulleys, etc..) Ideally, we do not want to use a car that is heavily modified such as a supercharger, turbo, etc...as we are trying to demonstrate the power gains possible from the above parts, as a result, we don't want the results to be "helped" by a supercharger or turbo.

Shaolin Crane 06-14-2010 07:46 PM

damn, i got an auto :(
can i get some love?

mustangray 06-16-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 53546)
I have been asked to see if anybody would be interested or might now of somebody interested in having their car featured as part of a tech project/How-To story for 5.0 Mustangs & SuperFords Magazine. As many of you know, GTR High Performance does installation stories for that magazine along with several other nationally published magazines on a regular basis. We
have been asked to round up a 2005-2010 Mustang GT 5 speed manual transmission car for
this project. Since it will be part of a tech project for the magazine, many of the manufacturers that are participating in this story, along with GTR will be offering a partial "sponshorship" for
parts and labor. Here is a quick breakdown of the items that will be installed/featured for this magazine story:

Fox Lake Fully Ported and Polished 3V Cylinder Heads
Comp Cams or Ford Racing Hot Rod Camshafts
Ford Racing Billet Throttle Body
Ford Racing New Intake Manifold

These are the major components. There will be other misc. items such as ARP head bolts, gaskets, etc. required which will be sourced at a later point. If anyone is interested, please PM me. The car must be relatively stock (ie. bolt on parts OK like cold air, mufflers, pulleys, etc..) Ideally, we do not want to use a car that is heavily modified such as a supercharger, turbo, etc...as we are trying to demonstrate the power gains possible from the above parts, as a result, we don't want the results to be "helped" by a supercharger or turbo.

I have a buddy with an '07 GT Mustang who would probably be interested
how long would you need the car

94cobra69ss396 06-17-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangray (Post 53801)
I have a buddy with an '07 GT Mustang who would probably be interested
how long would you need the car

I left Recardo at GTR a message to see if they had a car already. I told him that if not I may have one for him. I'll let you know once I hear back from him.

mustangray 06-17-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 53824)
I left Recardo at GTR a message to see if they had a car already. I told him that if not I may have one for him. I'll let you know once I hear back from him.

Cool, my buddy said he is up for it.

94cobra69ss396 06-17-2010 03:51 PM

PM sent.

DarkestSpade 06-18-2010 01:48 PM

Hello I am new here and cant send a PM!
If that other guy doesn't do it let me know! I would love to do this. I have a 07 Mustang GT 5 Speed Manual the only mods I have are Side Scoops From Cervini here is a picture
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs305...._5703381_n.jpg

My Name is Kyle Robbins and my phone number is 562 547 7225

Thank you.

Vettezuki 06-18-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkestSpade (Post 53940)
Hello I am new here and cant send a PM!
If that other guy doesn't do it let me know! I would love to do this. I have a 07 Mustang GT 5 Speed Manual the only mods I have are Side Scoops From Cervini here is a picture
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs305...._5703381_n.jpg

My Name is Kyle Robbins and my phone number is 562 547 7225

Thank you.

Off hand I don't recall what the requirements are, but basically you need to make some number of posts (5, 10, :huh:) before you can PM. It's simply to stop spammers from auto-registering and PMing everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience but that's why you're being restricted.

DarkestSpade 06-18-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 53944)
Off hand I don't recall what the requirements are, but basically you need to make some number of posts (5, 10, :huh:) before you can PM. It's simply to stop spammers from auto-registering and PMing everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience but that's why you're being restricted.

It said 15 :) Not a problem I understand and it is no inconvenience to me.

94cobra69ss396 06-18-2010 03:47 PM

Plus my mailbox was full.