Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Yazmine is not happy (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69959)

Leedom 06-19-2015 07:51 AM

Yazmine is not happy

Was driving home last night from dinner with the family and something let loose on the Mustang. At first I thought it might have been a pulley on the front of the engine and quickly thought differently. saw a little bit of smoke and then nothing. It started sounding metallic to me but the car seemed to be running fine other than the not so pleasant sound. I pulled over looked at my gauges and everything looked ok with no lights. I could not see anything and no fluids were coming out so I limped the car the 1/4 mile or so home. I have a call into Paul to see if he can come over and take a look and help me figure out what is wrong. Hoping it is not anything major like ripping into the engine because if it is the Stang will be registered no-op and parked in the garage until $$$ allows for a rebuild.

94cobra69ss396 06-19-2015 09:15 AM

It's a four valve, I got nothing for you.

Shaolin Crane 06-19-2015 09:58 AM

If it is what I think it is, it won't be cheap. Justin went through it with his Mach

94cobra69ss396 06-19-2015 01:24 PM

The only thing I have experience on with the four valve was helping my neighbor change the chain guides on his Navigator.

Leedom 06-19-2015 10:07 PM

I was talking to a guy at work and he said to call the insurance company that handleD the accident claim I just had and say that this might be something stemming from the accident! which is possible. I am of course hoping it is but we will see. If not I do not anticipate this being cheap either, motor related I would guess and not something to do with tranny or clutch or something easy. So the Stang would go into the garage for a long sleep.

Leedom 06-19-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 142436)
If it is what I think it is, it won't be cheap. Justin went through it with his Mach

Don't hold back, share with the group.

Vettezuki 06-20-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 142465)
I was talking to a guy at work and he said to call the insurance company that handleD the accident claim I just had and say that this might be something stemming from the accident! which is possible. I am of course hoping it is but we will see. If not I do not anticipate this being cheap either, motor related I would guess and not something to do with tranny or clutch or something easy. So the Stang would go into the garage for a long sleep.

It was almost a couple years before I could bring the Vette back online. Just the way it goes sometimes. Though in your case, it could be more like a couple decades. :nutkick:

Shaolin Crane 06-21-2015 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 142466)
Don't hold back, share with the group.

I will wait till Justin posts. He has the details, what it was, what it cost and what he ended up doing, so since he was first hand i'll let him tell it as I may not recall everything.

Leedom 06-22-2015 10:46 PM

Well, my worst fear was not realized fortunately. Gonna need a new clutch so everyone recommend away. I know you are happy with yours Ben, so what did you get again? Looking for something that can handle the 425-475 HP/TQ levels that the final plan would sit at and is not too heavy.

94cobra69ss396 06-23-2015 09:11 AM

Are you talking about 425-475 RWHP? I ran a Spec stage two that I was happy with when I had 450hp/400tq but it's not holding the 500hp/500tq I'm making now. I need to find myself a good clutch as well but one that is no more than $300-400.