Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Work, Paint, Detailing & Fabrication (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   One piece center console for a C3 Corvette (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14739)

enkeivette 03-29-2010 10:43 PM

One piece center console for a C3 Corvette

I've been working on this down here in San Diego on my coffee table. It sat in my Vette for a few months till I had time to add a second layer and pull it out.

Made it out of polyester fleece, matte and resin, Bondo and spot putty.

It provides a new home for my Mustang e-brake and my T56 short shifter. I'm running a Mustang e-brake because the stock cable location interferes with the yoke sticking out of my longer than stock T56 transmission. But the Mustang e-brakes pulley is off to the side, so it clears the yoke.

enkeivette 03-29-2010 10:52 PM

Dyed the interior pieces black too. I've been taking them down here piece by piece fixing cracks and breaks. I'll post pics later.

Leedom 03-29-2010 11:16 PM

Looks clean Adam.

enkeivette 03-29-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 48190)
Looks clean Adam.

Thanks Adam! Congrats on the ball and chain!!!

enkeivette 03-30-2010 12:12 AM

This is what I replaced. That was a piece of steel I cut for my T56 shifter and riveted to the stock console.

94cobra69ss396 03-30-2010 10:47 AM

It looks great Adam. You sure you want to be a lawyer and not the next Foose?

Leedom 03-30-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 48191)
Thanks Adam! Congrats on the ball and chain!!!

Thanks. We are still waiting if she will hold up he end of the bargain and get me a blower since she got her ring. ::sm_laughing:

Vettezuki 03-30-2010 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 48239)
Thanks. We are still waiting if she will hold up he end of the bargain and get me a blower since she got her ring. ::sm_laughing:

"If you liked it then you should'a put a blower on it."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

enkeivette 03-30-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 48233)
It looks great Adam. You sure you want to be a lawyer and not the next Foose?

You've gotta have money to make money.

If I am very successful someday I would love to open up a 10 second Chevelle and a turbo LSX whatever producing shop.

But till then no one is going to pay me enough money for a mortgage sitting on my driveway sanding Home Depot fiberglass and pondering cheap ways to install a T56.

But thanks. :) :beer:

Vettezuki 03-30-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 48249)
You've gotta have money to make money.

If I am very successful someday I would love to open up a 10 second Chevelle and a turbo LSX whatever producing shop.

But till then no one is going to pay me enough money for a mortgage sitting on my driveway sanding Home Depot fiberglass and pondering cheap ways to install a T56.

But thanks. :) :beer:

I think you're happy becoming a lawyer as you love arguing and the law. So it's a good choice. Generally I'd advise anybody to do what it is they want to do primarily according to their passions and willingness to do without other things. If building cars is really your highest value, then it's what you should do. Don't get caught in the "it takes money to make money" trap. Lots of (legitimate) ways around that, but it's a whole other discussion. If building cars is more in the hobby range and you want to live the good life with nice things (which does take money), then you're definitely doing the right thing.