Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Import (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can someone find a Turbo Porsche that sounds good? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24335)

Vettezuki 01-19-2011 01:53 AM

Can someone find a Turbo Porsche that sounds good?

I actually really like Turbo Porsches. I often think of selling the Vette, just focusing on biz for a while, and coming back to something like a Turbo Porsche in in a couple years as a genuine street car, rain or shine, with plenty of performance for the road. One blcok for the Turbo Porsche though is that it just doesn't sound that good to me. Coming from the NA Vette, which sounds great, it's kinda weak sauce. I guess a big part of it is the opposed layout and exhaust routing. Turbo straigh sixes (Supra) can sound very cool, if different than a V8 to be sure. Anyway, maybe someone has heard one or stumbled across a clip that might change my mind.

enkeivette 01-19-2011 02:34 AM

Vettezuki 01-19-2011 02:48 AM

That's naturally aspirated and (GT3) kinda pricey. Fantastic car though.

Quality Turbo Porsches can be had in the $50k~ range. I don't think you could get a GT3 wreck for $50k.

Chuck 01-19-2011 05:34 AM

Courtney and I were looking at a Turbo Cayenne we almost bought it, but I would have had to Co sign. It was a sweet ride for a suv. I think I scared the salesmen but I had to make sure it would make me happy to drive. It did not disappoint.

jedhead 01-19-2011 10:10 AM

I thought about buying an Audi RS6 instead of my STS-V. The reason I did not was the cost of parts on the car. For example the front brakes have eight pads on each side. The pads last about 20 - 30k miles and cost over $500 per set, the rotors are over $600 each. Some really fine cars can be bought, but the maintenance can be sky high.

Bob

enkeivette 01-19-2011 01:40 PM

I miss that about my Neon, $20 lifetime warranty brake pads.

Was it the GT2 that was turbo? I remember my fav car on Grand Turismo was an AWD turbo porsche. Thought it was a GT2. I figured the GT3 would also be turbo.

Vettezuki 01-19-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 66893)
I miss that about my Neon, $20 lifetime warranty brake pads.

Was it the GT2 that was turbo? I remember my fav car on Grand Turismo was an AWD turbo porsche. Thought it was a GT2. I figured the GT3 would also be turbo.

The GT2 is the uber Turbo Porsche. The GT3 is the uber NA Porsche. I'm just talkin' bout a poor man's Turbo Porsche. :lmfao:

enkeivette 01-19-2011 02:43 PM

If you're gonna do it, do it right panzy! The motorgen founders ought to have superb rides. Should be a tax right off, put a small sticker on it. Boom, advertisement.

Vettezuki 01-19-2011 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 66898)
If you're gonna do it, do it right panzy! The motorgen founders ought to have superb rides. Should be a tax right off, put a small sticker on it. Boom, advertisement.

That would require us to be organized as an actual business . . . with actual revenue. :sm_up_there:

Chuck 01-19-2011 03:51 PM

Than by that same token, guns should be a right off for us as well?