Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   10/31 Halloween Street Legals. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9088)

Vettezuki 10-17-2009 08:58 PM

10/31 Halloween Street Legals.

We'll be out taping. Be sure to let us know if you'll be out on the calendar and the day of at the track. We'll put up a tent or two , so come on buy and hang out in between runs.

94cobra69ss396 10-17-2009 11:16 PM

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* wrote "hey i wanna go and my car is just about finished short of an alignment, and a radio. tomorrow i go to the CHP to get a mandatory inspection to get it re-registered by the DMV. but my question was does california speedway require u to have insurence on your car? i totally forgot if they do. b/c im not sure if i'll have it by then. if they dont then ill be there :-D"

Yes, they do check for current reg and ins. I actually had to run home once because I forgot to put the current insurance card in the Cobra. Lucky for me I only live 7 miles away.

Vettezuki 10-17-2009 11:27 PM

I once got away with having a slightly older insurance and reg card (couple months), having not put the new ones in the car. You want the nice old asian guy to have even a chance, and frankly, a youngster in an Evo is probably not going to catch much slack from anyone. The woman inspector there will cut your balls off on the spot if you don't have your shi* together.

94cobra69ss396 10-17-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 35550)
I once got away with having a slightly older insurance and reg card (couple months), having not put the new ones in the car. You want the nice old asian guy to have even a chance, and frankly, a youngster in an Evo is probably not going to catch much slack from anyone. The woman inspector there will cut your balls off on the spot if you don't have your shi* together.

That's who sent me home. Usually she is really nice but for some reason she just wouldn't let me slide.

Vettezuki 10-17-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 35551)
That's who sent me home. Usually she is really nice but for some reason she just wouldn't let me slide.

She's not the let it slide type I don't think. But honestly that's mostly for the better in place like that. It is a serious liability issue for them.

I've seen her make people demonstrate that the fuel shutoff works though . .

94cobra69ss396 10-17-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 35552)
She's not the let it slide type I don't think. But honestly that's mostly for the better in place like that. It is a serious liability issue for them.

I've seen her make people demonstrate that the fuel shutoff works though . .

I hate it when they do that to me with the Cobra because then it has to learn to idle again.

BRIAN 10-18-2009 11:23 PM

I'll be there if nothing comes up. My first time :thumbs_up:

jedhead 10-19-2009 09:35 AM

I don't think I will be able to make it to the drags. However, I do have a headrest camera mount to take videos from inside the car. Let me know you guys want to use it.

Bob

BRIAN 10-19-2009 05:53 PM

PICS OF THE Z BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how early do we have to be there??

Vettezuki 10-19-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRIAN (Post 35694)
PICS OF THE Z BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how early do we have to be there??

You don't want to be much later than 6:00am or so. Yes, I said 6:00 am. That's to line up outside and sit around for an hour or two, then line up inside to pay, then line up at tech. Bring a blanket or whatever and you can crash.