Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best Droid Phone? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21129)

Vettezuki 10-04-2010 11:24 AM

Best Droid Phone?

I'mma fix'n to get a smart phone and have decided to get a Droid. But which one? I'm leaning towards the X because of the much larger expandable storage. The device will be doing multiple-duty, including MP3 player and doc reader.

SeanPlunk 10-04-2010 01:28 PM

What carrier?

If you're talking Verizon, the Droid X is the best currently. The Incredible is great too if you don't mind the smaller screen. You might also check out the Samsung Captivate. It's a 4inch SUPER AMOLED screen (X is 4.3 and Incredible is 3.7) and it's beautiful. The GPU is also the best on the market and it has a very fast ARM A8 processor. If you want to wait a little longer and want a phone with a keyboard then this new HTC is pretty awesome.

A 1500(the new HTC phone) quadrant score(android benchmark) is smoking fast. My X with 2.2 is typically between 1400 and 1492. The Evo 4G/Incredible runs in the high 1200/low 1300 range for comparison.

Vettezuki 10-04-2010 02:22 PM

I'm on AT&T which I've never personally had that much trouble with, but considering moving to Verizon at the same time, in part depending on how much terminating my ATT contract would cost. :huh:

SeanPlunk 10-04-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 60361)
I'm on AT&T which I've never personally had that much trouble with, but considering moving to Verizon at the same time, in part depending on how much terminating my ATT contract would cost. :huh:

If you're on AT&T buy an iPhone. AT&T gimps Android phones :barf:

Chuck 10-04-2010 04:04 PM

Switch to Verizon and get the Droid X it kicks ass everything that Sean said plus HD Video HDMI port on the phone its the way to go for sure.

Vettezuki 10-04-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 60370)
Switch to Verizon and get the Droid X it kicks ass everything that Sean said plus HD Video HDMI port on the phone its the way to go for sure.

Noted. :drink:

Can I bring my number to Verizon. I've always hated cell phones, so I still don't know much about them.

Chuck 10-04-2010 04:36 PM

Yes you can bring your number.

blackax 10-04-2010 05:35 PM

I would say get a ATT nexus one...It is the best phone i have ever had. It is uncrapified even compared to the Verizon android phone and you will get all of the updates first

but if you want to go to Verizon then get the droid 2. Its faster then the droid x and all of the droid phones can hold up to 32gb Micro SD cards

blackax 10-04-2010 05:35 PM

Oh by the way i have a first gen droid if you want it

SeanPlunk 10-04-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 60378)
I would say get a ATT nexus one...It is the best phone i have ever had. It is uncrapified even compared to the Verizon android phone and you will get all of the updates first

but if you want to go to Verizon then get the droid 2. Its faster then the droid x and all of the droid phones can hold up to 32gb Micro SD cards

The Droid 2 isn't faster - exact same GPU and CPU :thumbs_up: