Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yates Performance/Blue Oval Industries Buyer Beware (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50889)

Shaolin Crane 08-07-2013 03:14 PM

Yates Performance/Blue Oval Industries Buyer Beware

Purchased a "New" FRPP Crankshaft through ebay from Yates performance. After receiving a suspect box from them I decided to send them an email. I'm going to try and keep this un-biased and will let what happened do the talking.
First Email.
Quote:

I recently placed an order with you and received it today. When the box arrived it was completely trashed, almost no packing to speak of and many spots the journals have broken through the exterior, there is also rust on the #1 main journal, I'm not pleased with the way this was packed and shipped, there was also no bracing on the ends of the box to protect the snout and aft of the crank. It's at the machine shop currently being checked to ensure it wasn't damaged or bent. I Don not like that I have to send my brand new crank off for additional inspection because of improper packing.
His response
Quote:

Hi there,

Thanks so much for contacting us about this; I'm awfully sorry to hear about the condition it arrived in. We ship all of our parts insured for damage incurred by our carriers; we can start a claim on this crankshaft if you feel it should be filed.

I cannot predict which packages will be neglected during shipping. We do our best to ship our parts as quickly and safely as possible. With brand name parts like this FRPP crankshaft we are stuck in a Catch 22 because some customers don't want the manufacturer's seal broken. Let me know what you find out about the crankshaft and what you'd like to do!
I've bolded a portion that shows the dishonesty right off the bat. Follow and you will inderstand.

My response
Quote:

I've spoken to UPS already, If it is damaged they will not cover it because it was poorly packaged. Catch 22 or not this box was opened, and previous damage to the box was covered with tape, there is even piece of a return label to another person under the top flap, it's missing staples on the top of the box and a huge portion of the surface layer was torn off, I do not understand you could think this was an unopened box. It's very obvious. I don't appreciate being lied to, I also don't appreciate having to pay another shop to inspect a crank that should never have been received this way, I've bought dozens of cranks from eagle/scat/rpm and this box had none of the packing aspects they ship them with.
His
Quote:

If an item is damaged in transit and it's caught, UPS will repackage as best they can and replace whatever shipping labels they can. It sounds like you've already decided blame regardless of what I have to say.
My Response
Quote:

This was not an in-transit box repair. I have had a UPS account for nearly 20 years and I know a rebox when I see it. This had a shipping tag on another flap of the box, and had a tag inside with a piece of wire tie on it with a matching name to the shipping tag. Trying to tell me that it was damaged and/or never opened does not make me happy. I'm under the impression that this crank is not new, rather one that was returned from another customer, the rust, box condition, and everything else leads me to believe this. It also looks like the crank had a portion of it drilled, which is not indicative of new cranks I've purchased in the past. You've done nothing to apologize, nor offer a way to rectify the issue at all, since I'm already far delayed on this I would like another crank and I will not be sending this one back until I receive an appropriate new replacement.
His response
Quote:

I'm not trying to argue, I'm trying to help but we are not discussing a solution we are discussing your opinion of the situation. You are free to return the item for a full refund if you are dissatisfied. Other than that I can't make more exceptions and send out free replacement parts when the original will likely never be returned.

It's not your job or mine to determine what happened in shipping. If you spoke to UPS they would understand what you're saying but still file the claim to determine what happened. I'd apologize if I knew what was going on and it turned out to be a mistake on our end but we can't seem to get beyond disagreeing on policy and terms.
Me
Quote:

This crank has been opened before, this crank has been returned to you, this box was repaired before it was sent to me after being returned. I have proof of this, many photos in fact. I called eagle and confirmed how they packaged it and their packing products were not in the box. I will not spend money to ship an item back, i've already lost money. I have no demonstrated dishonesty here, you have. Send me a NEW crank, unopened seal, and I will return this one at my cost. You can use whatever phrasing you want as to why you won't send me another but at this point I feel as I'm the one who will not receive another crank. I didn't ask for a reimbursement for money lost, all I want is the appropriate crank that I paid for. This crank is OBVIOUSLY not new and there is no way it could not have been known before it was shipped. This is your last chance to make the situation right.
His Response
Quote:

You have pictures but wouldn't provide them? This just goes to show that you're interested in the principle of being right, not getting the correct part. Return the item for a full refund and I'd be happy to reimburse your return shipping cost if you include a receipt. Shipping it back USPS will have the cost included on the label. I can only reimburse ground/standard shipping.

You may threaten and warn me as you like, but I will tell you taking this to eBay or PayPal because we won't send out free replacement parts will result in you paying return shipping at the minimum. Again, your opinion does not entitle you to extraneous services and free parts.
My final email before he stopped responding
Quote:

I had a feeling you would go that route, so I have uploaded the photos to my photobucket account. I will not pay any more out of my own pocket. I paid for something and didn't receive it, and my time was wasted because of KNOWN quality of the part at shipping. Deny all you want that it was new and unopened but this is not the case and it is impossible for it not to be known and i'll be damned if I am out any more time or money. All i'm asking is for a new part, with a return label for the old one, You're right, it's an opinion, weighed heavily by facts of what I received and still have in my possession. Here are your photos,
(photo bucket links)
I have more i'll be glad to send to you, paypal, ebay and visa since i'm approaching my character limit.
Here are the photos I have taken

Obvious removal of cover label

Portion of a previous shipping label

Damage from no packing

Tag found in the box under the crank that matches the portion of the shipping label

Numerous tears in the bag

Damage to box that was taped over prior to shipping

Needless to say i'm not happy that he shipped me a used crank and tried to place blame on UPS, and won't send me another. I have called VISA and they have sided with me an credited my money. All I want is the crank I paid for, send me another or pay for the return shipping and give me a refund since he was obviously deceptive from the get go.

fiveohwblow 08-07-2013 03:25 PM

Wait wait wait what does blue oval have to do with this?

Damian 08-07-2013 03:28 PM

That sucks.

Shaolin Crane 08-07-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveohwblow (Post 119285)
Wait wait wait what does blue oval have to do with this?

Same owner/company

87LX 08-07-2013 03:39 PM

Blue oval smokes cock. I've had product disputes with them before.

blackax 08-07-2013 04:15 PM

If they where willing to reimburse you shipping they should of let you use there UPS account to ship it back. It looks like your in a shitty spot.

What did Visa tell you to do with the crank?

Shaolin Crane 08-07-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 119292)
If they where willing to reimburse you shipping they should of let you use there UPS account to ship it back. It looks like your in a shitty spot.

What did Visa tell you to do with the crank?

He apparently doesn't have a UPS account, no account number on the shipping tag. He also wants me to ship it back USPS, likely cause of the flat rate shipping and no insurance and probably shipped me a returned crank in the condition for UPS to eat the bullet on, speculation of course.

At first VISA didn't want to file a claim until I told them I bought new and received used and I have to pay out of pocket to ship it back. After speaking with a manager and explaining the whole situation they finally agreed, however I still might get denied cause I still have it. His claims to reimburse my shipping costs after its been received has no weight since he has lied every chance he gets.

fiveohwblow 08-07-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87LX (Post 119288)
Blue oval smokes cock. I've had product disputes with them before.

This is what I was going to say. Now that I know it's them, stick it to them. Hard.

blackax 08-07-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 119295)
He apparently doesn't have a UPS account, no account number on the shipping tag. He also wants me to ship it back USPS, likely cause of the flat rate shipping and no insurance and probably shipped me a returned crank in the condition for UPS to eat the bullet on, speculation of course.

At first VISA didn't want to file a claim until I told them I bought new and received used and I have to pay out of pocket to ship it back. After speaking with a manager and explaining the whole situation they finally agreed, however I still might get denied cause I still have it. His claims to reimburse my shipping costs after its been received has no weight since he has lied every chance he gets.

Visa should cover it, They may ask you to return the crank, or have the shipper send a box with postage paid if he wants the crank back. But ya fuck him!

Shaolin Crane 08-07-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 119297)
Visa should cover it, They may ask you to return the crank, or have the shipper send a box with postage paid if he wants the crank back. But ya fuck him!

I want to return the crank, I however will not be spending the $115 it costs to do so out of my own pocket.

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2013 12:13 AM

Well, after filing with VISA I filed a claim with eBay and have received no response from them. Not at all shocked.

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2013 08:46 AM

Now I'm scared *roll eyes*
"It's really too far gone now that you've started a case and I only have limited options to provide that eBay allows me to. I'll give you the best I can offer through eBay's case but as I warned eBay and PayPal has customers return under their own cost. I acknowledge the pictures, it shows a lot of exterior damage and tearing to the box and whatever remnants of a label or writing on the outside could be any number of things. We do not manufacturer these here, nor do we need many at a time so there could still be label remnants of the shipment to us.

Keeping photographs from us for the majority of the week to be used later as something to bargain with only complicated this further. Best solution I can provide is to address the eBay case immediately and get you the most amicable solution out of the few choices available to me."

I didn't even tell him about VISA, he'll get that call today.

Damian 08-08-2013 09:00 AM

Luckily Ive never had any issues when buying through Ebay. What did the machine shop say about the crank condition?

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian (Post 119318)
Luckily Ive never had any issues when buying through Ebay. What did the machine shop say about the crank condition?

He told me not to bother since I bought new, and received a used crank in this condition.

Here is what he told ebay after the case was opened

"Customer claimed damage, waived shipping insurance by choice. Condition of box and packaging placed on us without any follow up information, customer held photographic evidence as a bargaining chip until after case was started and prevented a quick solution."

Now ebayeBay wants me to pay return shipping from my pocket for his deception. Calling them today to present what I have, at least visa still has my back.

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2013 09:34 AM

Just called them and they told me in the event that a seller is at fault return shipping is on them. Perfect.

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2013 09:43 AM

This dude is a wriggling snake
"What you think happened remains to be only supposition. UPS does not deny claims before they're filed, as an arbitrator they must accept them and investigate to determine an end result. Thinking that I process, package and ship every order and that I know what happened to your package is an oversimplified justification. We cannot overcome the idea that we chose your purchase in particular to somehow neglect intentionally.

Saying you don't have to show me anything and expecting the business to ship out additional parts so you can maybe return the original piece if you get around makes it clear that this was intended to be made difficult. "

94cobra69ss396 08-08-2013 10:08 AM

As much as I agree with you that the seller screwed up by shipping you an obviously used crank that was not packaged well, he did try in his first responses to try to resolve the issue. I've never had a merchant ship out a replacement without first receiving the damaged/defective unit back first. Most have sent me a return shipping label through the mail though so I didn't have to pay for the shipping but I have had a couple time where I shipped on my dime and they reimbursed me after.

As for the chargeback, the merchant will receive a chargeback notice by letter. The letter is mailed the same day that the merchants account is debited. He has 10 days from the date of the debit to respond to the chargeback letter. Failure to
respond within that time period may forfeit his chargeback rights and you will automatically win the chargeback.

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 119325)
As much as I agree with you that the seller screwed up by shipping you an obviously used crank that was not packaged well, he did try in his first responses to try to resolve the issue. I've never had a merchant ship out a replacement without first receiving the damaged/defective unit back first. Most have sent me a return shipping label through the mail though so I didn't have to pay for the shipping but I have had a couple time where I shipped on my dime and they reimbursed me after.

As for the chargeback, the merchant will receive a chargeback notice by letter. The letter is mailed the same day that the merchants account is debited. He has 10 days from the date of the debit to respond to the chargeback letter. Failure to
respond within that time period may forfeit his chargeback rights and you will automatically win the chargeback.

He lied in his first email, I'm not new to the world. The crank is my only bargaining piece, once I give it up I'm SOL. I have had dozens of companies ship me the proper parts with a return label for the old one. He is obviously a deceptive person and keeps clinging to filing a UPS claim, they shouldn't cover this, he should. I have NEVER had to pay to return an Item the seller fucked up with. I asked for both before I took actions, return tag and new parts.

He is a slimy seller and its been apparent from the get go.

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2013 10:59 AM

Recieved this about my claim

Dear Guy Bowers,
We completed our research on your dispute. At this time, we have determined that the
transaction(s) processed incorrectly or was unauthorized. A summary of the transaction(s) is listed below
or on the attached page.
Your account was credited $
We have also credited your account for any appropriate interest, overdraft charges,service fees or
other miscellaneous charges related to the transaction(s). If you feel any fees related to the disputed
transaction(s) have not been refunded, please call us at the number listed at the top of this letter.

Vettezuki 08-08-2013 11:50 AM

This is kind of why I don't mind spending a little more with large, established/reputable online suppliers of X or a local supplier I have a more personal relationship with. The small price premium is well worth never having to deal with things like this IMO.

You've sort of done it here, but review the vendor somewhere public (yelp?, yp.com, etc.), so others can see your experience to help make their determination.

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2013 11:54 AM

Unfortunately I could not buy this crank direct from Ford, so I had to use the retailers that had it "in stock"

94cobra69ss396 08-08-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 119331)
Recieved this about my claim

Dear Guy Bowers,
We completed our research on your dispute. At this time, we have determined that the
transaction(s) processed incorrectly or was unauthorized. A summary of the transaction(s) is listed below
or on the attached page.
Your account was credited $
We have also credited your account for any appropriate interest, overdraft charges,service fees or
other miscellaneous charges related to the transaction(s). If you feel any fees related to the disputed
transaction(s) have not been refunded, please call us at the number listed at the top of this letter.

Was that from your card company?

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 119336)
Was that from your card company?

From Chase.

Purchased another crank from ford racing parts for $5 cheaper than him, hope they have it in stock

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2013 01:24 PM

"Your opinion is not fact, your claims are supposition. Removed labels do not indicate prior use, they indicate a label used to ship to us to stock. Torn open ends folded incorrectly do not indicate anything performed by us, they more likely indicate that UPS attempted to repackage an opened box. Insulting us repeatedly is not productive. You have claimed that you spoke to UPS when there is nothing on record, no claim was ever filed. Claimed that you were unable to send us pictures when you were able; you withheld them from us until a case was started. Claimed you've filed a charge back but if that happened the case would have been automatically closed. Claimed the manufacturer told you they tightly pack crankshafts--have loose-in-box crankshafts in the warehouse as we speak still sealed. "

he keeps emailing ebay. this was the most recent

blackax 08-08-2013 04:40 PM

Did Chase tell you what to do with the crank? I would tell the guy if he wants the crank back he needs to send a box with paid postage back. and leave it at that.

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 119357)
Did Chase tell you what to do with the crank? I would tell the guy if he wants the crank back he needs to send a box with paid postage back. and leave it at that.

Nope, I told them he's welcome to have iy back if he wants to send a return label for it.

N8Dogg98 08-09-2013 08:57 AM

That shit is gay as hell Guy. Hope you get it all worked out and don't lose any money. I never did business with BOI, but I've heard nothing but complaints about them on nearly every Ford forum in the past.

Shaolin Crane 08-09-2013 09:27 AM

yep, i can't wait to get the other crank for some comparison pictures.

94cobra69ss396 08-09-2013 09:33 AM

Did you already pick up the one they sent to you from the machine shop? Keep all the emails, pictures, etc.

Shaolin Crane 08-09-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 119388)
Did you already pick up the one they sent to you from the machine shop? Keep all the emails, pictures, etc.

Yup, I didn't have work done and both places told me not to take the risk and just get another crank. At the minimum it needs to be polished.

Shaolin Crane 08-15-2013 08:17 PM

Crank from the other retailer came in today, this one has to be an anomaly according to Yates twisted mind.

So I'm going to send these pictures to ebay and paypal so they can get the whole scope. Sack of shit.

BADDASSC6 08-16-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 119326)
He lied in his first email, I'm not new to the world. The crank is my only bargaining piece, once I give it up I'm SOL. I have had dozens of companies ship me the proper parts with a return label for the old one. He is obviously a deceptive person and keeps clinging to filing a UPS claim, they shouldn't cover this, he should. I have NEVER had to pay to return an Item the seller fucked up with. I asked for both before I took actions, return tag and new parts.

He is a slimy seller and its been apparent from the get go.

I agree with Ron. The vendor first offered to help you submit a claim with UPS. Then you called him a lier. The vendor offered a full refund and offered to reimburse shipping. Then you threatened to make a claim. The vendor warned that if you make a claim that you will have to pay for shipping. Ebay is telling you to pay the shipping.

It's very frustrating to receive the wrong parts, but from an outside point of view you were being very difficult and this vendor tried to work with you. My $.02.

enkeivette 08-16-2013 12:40 PM

He's obviously lying about the packaging, but he did offer you a refund.

Shaolin Crane 08-16-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 119738)
I agree with Ron. The vendor first offered to help you submit a claim with UPS. Then you called him a lier. The vendor offered a full refund and offered to reimburse shipping. Then you threatened to make a claim. The vendor warned that if you make a claim that you will have to pay for shipping. Ebay is telling you to pay the shipping.

It's very frustrating to receive the wrong parts, but from an outside point of view you were being very difficult and this vendor tried to work with you. My $.02.

So UPS should take the hit for him sending me a used crank? Damage or not? Then he lied about the crank never being opened, why would I believe he would reimburse me shipping? No retailer I have ever purchased from has required me to pay out of pocket for shipping on their fuck up.

I don't give a fuck what eBay says(though if you remember my call to the claims department they sided with me on them paying the return shipping, the auto claim function does not have this option and that is why the case has been escalated, but it's ok to miss that part), VISA and Chase has backed me, given me a refund and is requiring the vendor to pay return shipping like he is supposed to. Was I difficult? Yup. I am less than willing to let a seller slide when he blatantly pulls shit like this.

Short line, he knowingly send me used parts, blames UPS, says it wasn't used, says he'll refund me shipping, HA, yeah right.

Shaolin Crane 08-16-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 119746)
He's obviously lying about the packaging, but he did offer you a refund.

Exactly, he could have easily sent me a return shipping tag, so why didn't he? Cause he has no mind to refund the shipping, I paid through with my card through paypal, he can only make a refund for the payment amount, in order for him to reimburse me he has to send me a payment.

Once he gets the crank and refunds me the purchase price, there's nothing making him refund me shipping, and there's nothing I can do about it, i'd be out $115 and still have to buy another crank.

It's a risk with a slimy seller i'm not going to take, I have been screwed this EXACT way with other eBay sellers, not gonna let it happen again.

Don't forget
1. Rust on the journals and counterweight <------ How is that UPS fault again?

94cobra69ss396 08-16-2013 01:41 PM

We're not saying he isn't wrong and that you shouldn't receive a full refund without any out of pocket expenses. What we're saying is that he was willing to work with you in the beginning. I think it just comes down to the fact that you were in a hurry to get things going so you a little impatient when he tried to blame UPS. If it had been me I would have worked with him on getting what I paid for but I'm a pretty patient person.

BADDASSC6 08-16-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 119747)
So UPS should take the hit for him sending me a used crank? Damage or not? Then he lied about the crank never being opened, why would I believe he would reimburse me shipping? No retailer I have ever purchased from has required me to pay out of pocket for shipping on their fuck up.

I don't give a fuck what eBay says(though if you remember my call to the claims department they sided with me on them paying the return shipping, the auto claim function does not have this option and that is why the case has been escalated, but it's ok to miss that part), VISA and Chase has backed me, given me a refund and is requiring the vendor to pay return shipping like he is supposed to. Was I difficult? Yup. I am less than willing to let a seller slide when he blatantly pulls shit like this.

Short line, he knowingly send me used parts, blames UPS, says it wasn't used, says he'll refund me shipping, HA, yeah right.

Why would UPS take a hit when the vendor offered a full refund and stated he would reimburse shipping cost? Chase and Visa will back you when the vendor admits there is a problem. What's new there? Nothing. You stated a problem he thought it was shipping and UPS was responsible (you did not provide him with any photos until after the claim). You called him a lier and stated you were unhappy with the offer. He offered a full refund and to reimburse shipping. I would have taken the offer and hit him up for a future discount.

As far as we know the customer representative is completely separated from shipping and has no insight as to where the initial error happened. There is no evidence that they intentionally shipped a used crank.

BADDASSC6 08-16-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 119754)
We're not saying he isn't wrong and that you shouldn't receive a full refund without any out of pocket expenses. What we're saying is that he was willing to work with you in the beginning. I think it just comes down to the fact that you were in a hurry to get things going so you a little impatient when he tried to blame UPS. If it had been me I would have worked with him on getting what I paid for but I'm a pretty patient person.

Yup. I'm going to tell my wife how patient I am.

Shaolin Crane 08-16-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 119755)
Why would UPS take a hit when the vendor offered a full refund and stated he would reimburse shipping cost?Exactly, he is STILL trying to blame UPS, even now Chase and Visa will back you when the vendor admits there is a problem. What's new there? Nothing.He is not agreeing that there was a problem, he informed paypal and ebay that I am in the wrong and changed my mind on the purchase You stated a problem he thought it was shipping and UPS was responsible (you did not provide him with any photos until after the claim).Photos were supplied 24 hours before I made the claim You called him a lier and stated you were unhappy with the offer. He offered a full refund and to reimburse shipping. I would have taken the offer and hit him up for a future discount.He lied right off the bat, said he ships all the items himself because it's just him, he knew what he sent me, this is indicative of him as a seller. Had I known Yates performance was BOI I would never have made the purchase

As far as we know the customer representative is completely separated from shipping and has no insight as to where the initial error happened. There is no evidence that they intentionally shipped a used crank.He is the only one, he is the owner, customer representative, billing, shipping etc

Did you make sure to read everything?

Shaolin Crane 08-16-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 119754)

Had he not shown dishonesty off the bat I would have accepted his reimbursement offer, why would he deny me a return tag? I'm being difficult because I've been hammered before and won't let it happen again. I didn't make obscene demands, I asked for a new crank, he said not without returning it, then I asked for a return tag, he then said no and I'd have to pay for shipping and he'd "get me back", see what smells funny here? I fully intended on waiting for another crank but he refused both offers, I will not pay out of pocket for a retailers fuck up, ever. I have NEVER had a retailer not issue me a return tag, and 99% of them send out the proper part with a return tag for the old one. How am I being difficult?