Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2011-12 Mustang GT needed for R&D work (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35175)

Jammer89 12-28-2011 02:40 PM

2011-12 Mustang GT needed for R&D work

Hey gang. I work for Doug Thorley headers here in Corona. I'm looking to do some fit up work (x-pipe) for the new 5.0 Mustangs. I've already done long tube tri-y headers but unfortunately, I never got to finish the project (sema) :rolleyes2:. Anyways, What I am looking for is a car with the stock exhaust system in place. I will need the car for around 3-4 working days. The car will be stored indoors, under lock and key at our facility here in Corona, Ca. The car will not be driven at all. I just need to take the manifolds/exhaust off the car, put my mock up headers in place and build a sample X-pipe. Your payment will be a production set of full stainless long tubes and an x-pipe from the first production run. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks! Here is what I got so far. http://dougthorleyheaders.com/produc...productID/1075

Also, Guy mentioned that a member here that goes by the handle Nordy Racer has one. Shoot me a PM buddy when ya see this!

I'm always looking for other project cars too so get in touch with me if there is something you think we should develop. :)

Jamie

Shaolin Crane 12-28-2011 04:42 PM

Stainless manifolds for 6.4l diesels, stainless up pipes etc :D

Chuck 12-28-2011 06:17 PM

Something for me 08 sts-v perhaps?

sinaSRT-4 12-28-2011 06:33 PM

I've got just the person for that. I will PM you in a sec.

beerMEbandit 12-28-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinaSRT-4 (Post 89892)
I've got just the person for that. I will PM you in a sec.

Thats me! I have a 2012 GT

Jammer89 12-30-2011 06:17 PM

Found one, It's coming in Tuesday. Thanks guys!

Shaolin Crane 12-30-2011 06:33 PM

Now start making some manifolds for diesels, you guys will make a mint even if you charge half of what other companies do.

nordy racer 01-08-2012 08:56 AM

sorry guys i have been away from the site for a while..

Shaolin Crane 01-08-2012 03:14 PM

Bummer, i think he found someone already

enkeivette 01-08-2012 06:02 PM

Offroad downpipe for the Turbo Diesel Jeep Cherokee. Not a huge market, but NO ONE makes one, and every TD Jeep owner on the forums out there wants one.

The only company selling a DPF /cat back for it charges $500 (with no muffler, so it's basically just a 3 piece pipe with an axle bend) and people are paying for it.

nordy racer 01-08-2012 10:08 PM

its no problem. i have a offroad H pipe on the car now anyway.. now long tubes would have been nice :)

beerMEbandit 07-22-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jammer89 (Post 89872)
Hey gang. I work for Doug Thorley headers here in Corona. I'm looking to do some fit up work (x-pipe) for the new 5.0 Mustangs. I've already done long tube tri-y headers but unfortunately, I never got to finish the project (sema) :rolleyes2:. Anyways, What I am looking for is a car with the stock exhaust system in place. I will need the car for around 3-4 working days. The car will be stored indoors, under lock and key at our facility here in Corona, Ca. The car will not be driven at all. I just need to take the manifolds/exhaust off the car, put my mock up headers in place and build a sample X-pipe. Your payment will be a production set of full stainless long tubes and an x-pipe from the first production run. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks! Here is what I got so far. http://dougthorleyheaders.com/produc...productID/1075

Also, Guy mentioned that a member here that goes by the handle Nordy Racer has one. Shoot me a PM buddy when ya see this!

I'm always looking for other project cars too so get in touch with me if there is something you think we should develop. :)

Jamie

Its now july and I still never received the headers and x pipe that were promised in exchange for using my car. I last spoke with Jamie in early march and he said they weren't in production yet and I called and left a voicemail on Jamie's phone in mid may but my call was never returned. Im just wondering what is going on with this??

Shaolin Crane 07-22-2012 09:12 PM

Its not Jamie's call, the devils err uhm managment that run the place have some things to learn about running a successful business. I can guarantee that if it were up to Jamie he'd have given you a complete exhaust system a long time ago.

beerMEbandit 07-22-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 100697)
Its not Jamie's call, the devils err uhm managment that run the place have some things to learn about running a successful business. I can guarantee that if it were up to Jamie he'd have given you a complete exhaust system a long time ago.

I understand its not Jamie's call as he is not the owner but only an employee of doug thorley headers (from my understanding), but he could have at least returned my calls and explained the situation seeing that he is the original poster and the person that I personally handed my car over to. I came through on my end and I feel that I at least deserve an explanation from him... am I wrong?

Shaolin Crane 07-22-2012 09:48 PM

No, I agree, however, I've known Jamie a long time. I'm positive he's not ducking your calls, messages slip through sometimes. I know for a while his phone was thoroughly trashed and he was unable to communicate even with me and other close friends. If he doesn't see this thread I will call him personally tomorrow and see if I cant get him to shed some light. But as I said before, he's a busy man and still not guaranteed that I will hear from him immediately.

beerMEbandit 07-22-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 100700)
No, I agree, however, I've known Jamie a long time. I'm positive he's not ducking your calls, messages slip through sometimes. I know for a while his phone was thoroughly trashed and he was unable to communicate even with me and other close friends. If he doesn't see this thread I will call him personally tomorrow and see if I cant get him to shed some light. But as I said before, he's a busy man and still not guaranteed that I will hear from him immediately.

I understand and appreciate your help, my post wasn't intended to slander him, I was just hoping some light would be shed on the situation. I can definitely understand him being busy, we all have lives and family outside of business. When I met him he was a cool guy and I wouldn't want to see him get a bad rap over doug thorleys questionable business choices.

Jammer89 07-24-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerMEbandit (Post 100699)
I understand its not Jamie's call as he is not the owner but only an employee of doug thorley headers (from my understanding), but he could have at least returned my calls and explained the situation seeing that he is the original poster and the person that I personally handed my car over to. I came through on my end and I feel that I at least deserve an explanation from him... am I wrong?

No you're right. I should have kept you in the loop. My apologies for not doing so.

I'll be brutally honest. I am having a difficult time taking care of some of the people who have lent me cars so I can carry out my job. It is supposed to be a seamless process but for the past year or so, it has not been. During the last 6 months or so, I have been spending a majority of my time psychically building these parts out of the tooling I have made by hand. This is not how it is supposed to work as part of my job is to test manufacturing's ability to make my parts in production and smooth out any potential problems for future runs. This hasn't been the companies method as of late and I'm forced to do these things in order to take care of the few people I personally deal with. Their motivation is to fill orders that have already been paid in full and we didn't garner much attention with this part number as hoped. I have no problem doing this for you as well. Tomorrow I will start to gather up all the materials and start building you a set with X pipe personally. Again, I'm very sorry about the delay and lack of communication.

Vettezuki 07-24-2012 02:54 PM

When it lightens up at some point in the future, I'd like to have you bulid me some headers.

Jammer89 07-24-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 100816)
When it lightens up at some point in the future, I'd like to have you bulid me some headers.

Sure thing Ben.

Shaolin Crane 07-25-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jammer89 (Post 100815)
No you're right. I should have kept you in the loop. My apologies for not doing so.

I'll be brutally honest. I am having a difficult time taking care of some of the people who have lent me cars so I can carry out my job. It is supposed to be a seamless process but for the past year or so, it has not been. During the last 6 months or so, I have been spending a majority of my time psychically building these parts out of the tooling I have made by hand. This is not how it is supposed to work as part of my job is to test manufacturing's ability to make my parts in production and smooth out any potential problems for future runs. This hasn't been the companies method as of late and I'm forced to do these things in order to take care of the few people I personally deal with. Their motivation is to fill orders that have already been paid in full and we didn't garner much attention with this part number as hoped. I have no problem doing this for you as well. Tomorrow I will start to gather up all the materials and start building you a set with X pipe personally. Again, I'm very sorry about the delay and lack of communication.

Thats the Jamie I know. :thumbs_up:

Jammer89 08-13-2012 02:03 PM

Ok Derek I involved the ownership on this deal and they feel it will be better to do a small quantity production run instead of me building a one-off set. I have been pestering them for the past 3 weeks or so, so I hope to see the run start up soon. I will be keeping you posted as I get info.

Thanks,
Jamie

Shaolin Crane 08-13-2012 02:04 PM

:thumbs_up:

beerMEbandit 12-05-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jammer89 (Post 101747)
Ok Derek I involved the ownership on this deal and they feel it will be better to do a small quantity production run instead of me building a one-off set. I have been pestering them for the past 3 weeks or so, so I hope to see the run start up soon. I will be keeping you posted as I get info.

Thanks,
Jamie

Thanks Jamie! You are a man of your word! Just received my headers and X-pipe today! thank you!:thumbs_up:

Shaolin Crane 12-05-2012 11:50 AM

Jamie is the man, he told me about it a couple weeks back but I figured i'd wait to post. Glad they got them to you. Now we require vids of sound.