Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Import (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   the evo may be totalled :-( (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1524)

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 02-19-2009 07:46 PM

the evo may be totalled :-(

yesterday sucked ass!!!

im still waiting to see if the shop its at will total it out i hope to god they dont....there isnt really any mechanical damage so idk how the evaluation will go....im fuckin praying they wont total out me baby and just fix it.

SeanPlunk 02-19-2009 07:55 PM

Man, I'm soooo sorry Steve - that's awful. What the hell happened? Are you okay?

Vettezuki 02-19-2009 08:08 PM

Now I'm a sad panda. :(

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 02-19-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 15752)
Man, I'm soooo sorry Steve - that's awful. What the hell happened? Are you okay?

ya man im good and my 3 other passengers are too lol

the short story is i was leaving the e85 station in LA i went about 400ft down the road which turns into a 90 degree right turn. and there was an suv in front of me well he braked in preperation for the turn and i braked in preperation for the turn right behind him, well in the middle of the sharp right i guess this asshole gets scared and hits his brakes like theres a fuckin deer in the middle of the road or something and i reacted to slow and my hood and lights went under his honda pilots read bumper and because i hit the brakes so hard in the middle of a right turn my rear end slid out and the rear driver side tire hit the curb.

SeanPlunk 02-19-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 15756)

the short story is i was leaving the e85 station in LA i went about 400ft down the road which turns into a 90 degree right turn. and there was an suv in front of me well he braked in preperation for the turn and i braked in preperation for the turn right behind him, well in the middle of the sharp right i guess this asshole gets scared and hits his brakes like theres a fuckin deer in the middle of the road or something and i reacted to slow and my hood and lights went under his honda pilots read bumper and because i hit the brakes so hard in the middle of a right turn my rear end slid out and the rear driver side tire hit the curb.

I just had my wife look at the pictures and she thinks it might be a total :(

I'm so sorry to hear about everything - looking at the pictures makes me sick :(

Vettezuki 02-19-2009 08:25 PM

Would now be an inappropriate time to ask what happens to totaled cars and what you can take out/off of them? :sm_up_there:

SoCalC55 02-19-2009 08:30 PM

DAMN! well alteast you and your passengers are ok. So did they make it 100% your fault or was it split?

on a side note... did your head hit the windshield??? jesus man =(

SeanPlunk 02-19-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalC55 (Post 15761)
DAMN! well alteast you and your passengers are ok. So did they make it 100% your fault or was it split?

Holy crap, I missed that the first time :yikes:

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 02-19-2009 08:42 PM

long story is i took my friend to the mitsu dealer in coasta mesa to pick up his car, well sense we where already by the beach i was like fuck driving back in traffic lets take the pch too santa monica.

so we get there and stay till 6-7pm-ish and we needs to head back home to chill with his girl....wel i wanted to stay at the beach so i picked up this friend in which is a female on the way home in west covina....also it was her 21st bday so i wanted to kinda spend it with her and also make her buy me drinks :drink:

well we're leaving west covina and i wanted to go to laguna beach or dana point but then she wanted me to pic up her friend in san gabrial on the 10 freeway so i just said fuck it sense im going that was lets go to santa monica when i didnt really wanna go to santa monica, well i was on 91 and the tank was running dry so i decided to get e85 sense i was in the area and boom it happens as i leave the station.......

if it gets fixed imma garage queen that car and put my money into the startion and drive that until i get the genesis coupe......all i can think about is my baby being fixed...and not getting totalled like no joke im tearing up thinking about it. it was my most accomplished car...i had it set up perfectly to where there wasnt one thing i didnt like about the car. damn this is depressing

Vettezuki 02-19-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 15764)
long story is i took my friend to the mitsu dealer in coasta mesa to pick up his car, well sense we where already by the beach i was like fuck driving back in traffic lets take the pch too santa monica.

so we get there and stay till 6-7pm-ish and we needs to head back home to chill with his girl....wel i wanted to stay at the beach so i picked up this friend in which is a female on the way home in west covina....also it was her 21st bday so i wanted to kinda spend it with her and also make her buy me drinks :drink:

well we're leaving west covina and i wanted to go to laguna beach or dana point but then she wanted me to pic up her friend in san gabrial on the 10 freeway so i just said fuck it sense im going that was lets go to santa monica when i didnt really wanna go to santa monica, well i was on 91 and the tank was running dry so i decided to get e85 sense i was in the area and boom it happens as i leave the station.......

if it gets fixed imma garage queen that car and put my money into the startion and drive that until i get the genesis coupe......all i can think about is my baby being fixed...and not getting totalled like no joke im tearing up thinking about it. it was my most accomplished car...i had it set up perfectly to where there wasnt one thing i didnt like about the car. damn this is depressing

I will pray for your Evo.

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 02-19-2009 08:57 PM

vette- once its in the insureces grasp u have to work quick to take parts out and engine and tranny uninstalles can get tricky and u have to replace all parts with that are removed with factory ones...so imma try and dump my blown motor in the back seat and take out the good one.

also the crack is from my hand.

i was making a tight right turn remember well my left hand was at 12 o clock when the air back went off and forced it threw the windshield i have all sorts of cuts and glass in my hand kinda hurts alot.

but here is wats wrong with the car
both front fenders
both head lights
bumper
radiator support
radiator
a/c condensor
coolent resivour
hood
windshield
steering wheel from air back
steering wheel shaft collapsed
rear driver rim
rear driver control arm
and any sensors assosiated with the airbags
radiato fans and so on
also the intercooler is fine hahah

like it just looked uglier then it is.

the radiater isnt even punctured it was just bent!!!

i turned on the car and let it idol for a second and reved it up no boost leaks, and then i put it in first and drove it 5 feet. so mechanically its tits!!

just mostly body damage

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 02-19-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 15765)
I will pray for your Evo.

thanks man that means alot

Vettezuki 02-19-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 15766)
vette- once its in the insureces grasp u have to work quick to take parts out and engine and tranny uninstalles can get tricky and u have to replace all parts with that are removed with factory ones...so imma try and dump my blown motor in the back seat and take out the good one.

also the crack is from my hand.

i was making a tight right turn remember well my left hand was at 12 o clock when the air back went off and forced it threw the windshield i have all sorts of cuts and glass in my hand kinda hurts alot.

but here is wats wrong with the car
both front fenders
both head lights
bumper
radiator support
radiator
a/c condensor
coolent resivour
hood
windshield
steering wheel from air back
steering wheel shaft collapsed
rear driver rim
rear driver control arm
and any sensors assosiated with the airbags
radiato fans and so on
also the intercooler is fine hahah

like it just looked uglier then it is.

the radiater isnt even punctured it was just bent!!!

i turned on the car and let it idol for a second and reved it up no boost leaks, and then i put it in first and drove it 5 feet. so mechanically its tits!!

just mostly body damage

Gotta love cars with a Ralley heritage.

94cobra69ss396 02-19-2009 10:21 PM

Glad you and your passengers are okay Steve. Don't worry if they total the car because you can still buy it back from them. My brother did that when his K5 Blazer got hit. It actually worked out well for him because he was able to completely redo the truck for less than what they gave him plus the price he paid to buy it back. Plus it was way nicer. He had custom National Springs with a 6 inch lift made for it. It scored a 1200 (highest you can get) on a RTI ramp.

Vettezuki 02-19-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 15771)
Glad you and your passengers are okay Steve. Don't worry if they total the car because you can still buy it back from them. My brother did that when his K5 Blazer got hit. It actually worked out well for him because he was able to completely redo the truck for less than what they gave him plus the price he paid to buy it back. Plus it was way nicer. He had custom National Springs with a 6 inch lift made for it. It scored a 1200 (highest you can get) on a RTI ramp.

That kind of begs the question, can't you just take a total payment for the total less buy back in one fell swoop? Lexy?

BADDASSC6 02-20-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 15756)

So you basicly rrear ended some :whistle:dude?

enkeivette 02-20-2009 12:41 AM

You might be able to buy the car back from the insurance company if they do total it. Then just pay the difference to get it fixed.

If I were you, I'd let it go. Build another one, bigger and badder. Tough luck man, be happy that you can still walk. That's all that's important.

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 02-20-2009 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 15779)
You might be able to buy the car back from the insurance company if they do total it. Then just pay the difference to get it fixed.

If I were you, I'd let it go. Build another one, bigger and badder. Tough luck man, be happy that you can still walk. That's all that's important.

ya man i see your point with that but i already have so much in this car that i dont wanna let it go. and i really dont want another evo or even an evo 10 because i really wanted to hop on a genesis coupe and my evo was gonna become roll caged garage queen when the hyundai shows up....this accident puts a wrench in that plan.

vette- ya ur right this car is a fighter...bullet proof mechanically but exterior might as well be made of fairy dust its so non functional...it was ment to really be attached with mud and zip ties

also i do wanna know if i can buy the car back?

i was told by another friend that you can buy it back if u hastle the insurence company about it once they cut u the pay off check....so in a sense u can double end the deal. and fix it yourself

BADDASSC6 - lol ya basicly i rear ended this guy....im so over insurence companys not once have they every found any of my incidense to be the other drivers fault. like really at least try to fight for me and throw me a damn bone for one accident for the 375 a month they charge me every damn month.

i beleive if i heard the voice correctly on my dads phone being as how the car is in his name. they found me to be at fault after 5 minutes of talking to me....state farm didnt even talk to any of my passengers! but the other guys insurence which was progressive was all nice and she talked like the lady from the progressive commercials all cute and what not and she talked to all my passengers!!!

and the other guy that hit me in october had mercury and they where all mean with me and fighting for him hitting me even though it was his fault like no freakin joke i need to get a new insurence company!! state farm are lame.

at this point though i could care less if im at fault i just want my baby running and for the freakin pain in my ankle and hand to go away!

i was hitting the break so freaking hard my brake pedel bent toward the gas pedel i was pretty suprised when noticed that

Douglas Mariani 02-20-2009 07:26 AM

Sorry about the car. But thank God you walked away with your life.The car can be replaced...you can't

SexyLxy 02-20-2009 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalC55 (Post 15761)

Lol, this is my insurance adjuster part of me coming out so bare with me and some terminology.

Based upon Steves FOL (facts of loss) it appears that he rear ended the party in front of him. He most likely would be found 100% liable for rear ending the party infront of him and then losing control and hitting the curb (again....all insurance coming out here). Should he wish to dispute the FOL and say "the fella slammed on the brakes for no apparent reason" a witness would have to prove that, but since it doesn't sounds like that is the case (PS - passanges are not witness'...they have a biased opinion about the FOL (just general knowledge I'd thought i'd share) the insurance company would most likely come back and say, he was following too close, or going too fast for the road/weather conditions....so and so on.

Normal person now....

Steve, I'm so sorry dude. I'm glad that you guys are all ok. For airbags to deploy, that requires some serious force. And as for your head to the windshield....eek, no bueno dude. Again I'm glad you're all ok.

SexyLxy 02-20-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 15760)
Would now be an inappropriate time to ask what happens to totaled cars and what you can take out/off of them? :sm_up_there:

:insurance lady talking again:

It all depends on the insurance company. Should the car be a TL (total loss), it would be up to you to ask your TL adjuster if you would be able to take items out of the vehicle. Now, they probably think that you want to take maybe some speakers, cds...and so on. You need to make them fully aware that you would like to take engine parts off. They might say no and just suggest that you provide parts prices for the items that you have on the vehicle and include that into the price that your vehicle is worth.

Another suggestion you might want to think about (again should the car be a total loss) is if you have the time, you will be given the option to either sell it to your insurance company, or you can keep your wreaked vehicle. Should you decide to keep the wreaked vehicle, you have the benefit of taking off what you want and selling out the rest of the vehicle. The only catch is that if you keep the vehicle, they (insurance company) are going to deduct the salvage amount of the vehicle (the amount that they would get for the vehicle at auction....just guessing, probably a couple k (i'm guessing maybe 4-5).

SexyLxy 02-20-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 15773)
That kind of begs the question, can't you just take a total payment for the total less buy back in one fell swoop? Lexy?

You mean like this:

Value of car - 20k
Registration/tax - 1k
Total payout - 21k

Less salvage (should you keep it)- 5k

payout by insurance company to steve = 16k

It would go something like that. Hope that helps.

PS - With the company that I work with, we have to pay off any lien holders first (banks) and anything left over goes to the registered owner. What do you own on the car if anything?

SexyLxy 02-20-2009 08:44 AM

Oh, sorry forgot something. I know you expressed interest in wantng to fix up a possible totaled vehicle....please keep in mind that the vehicle would then have a salvage title, and would be a b**** to sell in the long run.

BRUTAL64 02-20-2009 10:45 AM

Sorry to hear what happened. I don't pray much, but since Ben thought of it, it couldn't hurt.

Again man, I'm sorry to hear what happened.:(

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 02-20-2009 12:00 PM

thanks for all the info lxy, your pretty much said what i wanted to hear as far as buying the car back.

also i never planned on selling my car ever my plan was to keep it under 45-50k miles and then garage it till hover cars come out lol.

also lxy that crack on the windshield was from my hand not my head.....pretty crazy huh but i think me already having a crack in the windshield helped that out.

but ya what i was getting at was that my friend actually sold and fixed up salveaged evo's for profit, he bought them both for 4-5 grand one with heavey rear end damage and one with heavey front damage similar to mine. well he got them fixed 100% perfectly the wripples in the paint look factory! and spent about 8k in the end to fix both and he ended selling one for 17,000 and the other for 20,000. i also had another friend that had a salvaged evo that was bought for around 7k at an auction and he ended up trading this guy pink slip for pink slip on his 2004 honda s2000 with a clean title and decent milege......

where im pretty much getting at is that my car has a strong salvage market as far as buyers if i where to get her fixed and re-slang her.

oh ya on a side note the shop where my friend fixed up his salvaged evo's just so happends to be the same shop my insurence told me to drop my car off at. so thats a plus....but they charged my friend less for labor work, and told him if he was an insurence company ther would have quadrupled the labor price on the work they did. kinda sucks if my car where to get totalled because of some greedy assed wanted to charge there astronomicle ass labor rate!

brutal- thanks man i appreciate thati guess i find out today around 2-5pm on what fate they pick for it

Leedom 02-20-2009 12:23 PM

Sending good ju-ju your way Steve. I say buy the car back and fix it with the $$ you get form the insurance. Who cares about the salvage since you are never going to sell it anyway.

I am glad you are ok.

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 02-20-2009 01:35 PM

ya thanks man and i plan on doing that if they salvage it out.

i believe if they did total out the car imma get 28-30k pay off form the insurence and there is 18-19-ish owed so far the price to repart vs. the price of pay off is looking good sense its still worth alot, and the money i get after the finance company is payed off vs. how much it will be to buy back and repair is looking decent.

also i drove the starion to west covina/azusa last night and jesus did it make me miss the evo that was the loneliest ride home ever!

well its the weekend and imma try and drown out my sorrows in the bottom of a bottle and forget about thinks.

on the plus side my insurence will go down on the evo if it gets salvaged

SexyLxy 02-20-2009 02:33 PM

Steve,

When did this accident happen? Do you know when your insurance company is going to look at it? You should hear something by now if it's total. Call the shop...they'll be able to tell you what's up with it.

Hehe, if you want me to call the shop, I can - just provide phone number.

Keep us posted :)
Lex

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 02-20-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 15831)
Steve,

When did this accident happen? Do you know when your insurance company is going to look at it? You should hear something by now if it's total. Call the shop...they'll be able to tell you what's up with it.

Hehe, if you want me to call the shop, I can - just provide phone number.

Keep us posted :)
Lex

it happend wednesday night at 10:30pm in L.A.

but we dropped the car off at the shop the night of the accident, and then next morning called the shop about the car, well they said they couldnt touch the car till they got a claim number, well i didnt get a claim number till after noon time and then i forgot i still had the keys and they couldnt touch it w/o the keys and i had to sign some paperwork approving it.

in other words they couldnt look at it till today haha.

but ya if you wanna give them a call that would be nice

its (909) 829-6800
heritage auto collision
in fontana CA on cherry and vencinte ave. just in case you need that info

also my insurence is state farm, i believe the claim agent is maritza, on team 3.....in case you wanna make it sound more official lol

oh and license number is 5XNL001, 2006 silver mitsu lancer evolution special edition

well let me know

ive been wanting to call them all day but i dont like to bug shops also try and tell them if they can not total it out imma nice kid blah blah blah u know the whole thing ahahah

Chate 02-21-2009 09:45 AM

holy crap, my heart hurts for your loss man, its a damn shame the other dude's douchebaggery goes w.o consequence :(

Glad you and your peeps are safe

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 02-21-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chate (Post 15863)
holy crap, my heart hurts for your loss man, its a damn shame the other dude's douchebaggery goes w.o consequence :(

Glad you and your peeps are safe

thanks man im not even caring about the other driver. no one is gonna care for you....learned that lesson from back stabing friends and state farm. u have to care for yourself more then you care for others or else u get fucked and walked over.

so ya screw all of them i just want my car back and fixed unsalveged and to go about my life becoming a real estate baller with my laguna beach house, with my evo, gen coupe, and army of other play cars. and i no one is gonna stop me !!

Vettezuki 02-21-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 15869)
thanks man im not even caring about the other driver. no one is gonna care for you....learned that lesson from back stabing friends and state farm. u have to care for yourself more then you care for others or else u get fucked and walked over. . .

Don't give into the dark side of the force. There are many wonderful people; me for example.

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 02-22-2009 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 15875)
Don't give into the dark side of the force. There are many wonderful people; me for example.

lol ya u are pretty groovey good sir!

but ya u'll find much of the youth drenched anxt and depression of the 90's crossed over to my generation in an even deeper less noticable level.

i believe we are the most innocent and the most dark of previous generations.

in other words and most of you now this we became huge pussies.

anywho maybe ill just get some underground zoloft from mexico or something lol

SexyLxy 02-23-2009 12:27 PM

Steve,

Any word on your ride?

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 02-23-2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 16009)
Steve,

Any word on your ride?

naw not yet i thought u where gonna call for me haha i left the info a page back or 2....im scared to call and find out

SexyLxy 02-23-2009 04:11 PM

Did a little friendly call for ya....

I'm sorry to inform you but your vehicle is a total loss. :(

Shall we make arrangements for the funeral, or a re-birth?

Please see your PM for more details.

SeanPlunk 02-23-2009 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 16050)

:(:(:(

Steve, I still think you should consider buying it back.

BRUTAL64 02-23-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 16050)

Sorry to hear that. :censored:

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 02-23-2009 04:46 PM

dude thats complete bullshit they told me the damage was worth 20,000 how the fuck they come up with that number idk there fuckin gouging expensive labor rates are gonna get my car totalled!

also i talked with state farm and they told me to total a car out the repairs have to be 70% of the market value of the car and my car should have a market value of 28,000-31,000 and then i havent told them a put a new engine in it just recently which will add to the value when they find out.

at that market value range my car totaling ratio is somewhere between 19,000-22,000.

so ya im horendiously pissed right now that the damages came out to be oh so convieniently perfect on the total amount

SexyLxy 02-23-2009 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 16057)
dude thats complete bullshit they told me the damage was worth 20,000 how the fuck they come up with that number idk there fuckin gouging expensive labor rates are gonna get my car totalled!

also i talked with state farm and they told me to total a car out the repairs have to be 70% of the market value of the car and my car should have a market value of 28,000-31,000 and then i havent told them a put a new engine in it just recently which will add to the value when they find out.

at that market value range my car totaling ratio is somewhere between 19,000-22,000.

so ya im horendiously pissed right now that the damages came out to be oh so convieniently perfect on the total amount

Yes, that is correct. Generally a car totals out when the damages exceed 70% of the market value. Do they know all the stuff you put into it? Did you find out what the estimate was that they wrote?