Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   August Outing to Lytle Creek (Guns) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18757)

Vettezuki 07-26-2010 10:35 AM

August Outing to Lytle Creek (Guns)

Click here for the event on the calendar. Let us know if you're going.

Date: August 28
Time: Meet at the Shell Station close to the range at 10:00~. There's also a Del Taco in the complex ,etc. We'll leave there about 10:20~ for the range just up the road. We'll shoot til 1:30 or so.

See here for Lytle Creek info and location.

After shooting we'll go to BJ's in Rancho Coucamounga.

See here for BJ's location.

Sonic03SVT 07-26-2010 06:04 PM

would love to get to make it to one, but would really, REALLY prefer that it be outdoor. Need to get some time in to get my L.E. Dialed in for a CMP match. :thumbs_up:

Vettezuki 07-26-2010 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT (Post 56219)
would love to get to make it to one, but would really, REALLY prefer that it be outdoor. Need to get some time in to get my L.E. Dialed in for a CMP match. :thumbs_up:

You mean dessert? I don't know what an L.E. is, but if it's a Rimfire, Prado has a 50 yard rifle range. :huh:

gunfish 07-26-2010 10:21 PM

sounds good. I've got both days open.

Shaolin Crane 07-26-2010 11:04 PM

Lytle Creek and Burro canyon are both outdoor ranges, Lytle Creek is off the 15 near bass pro and burro canyon is in azusa, both are good ranges. Indoor ranges are prado, and the firing line, thats $20 an hour though, but it has A/C

Vettezuki 07-26-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 56233)
Lytle Creek and Burro canyon are both outdoor ranges, Lytle Creek is off the 15 near bass pro and burro canyon is in azusa, both are good ranges. Indoor ranges are prado, and the firing line, thats $20 an hour though, but it has A/C

I keep hearing scary things about Lytle Creek. Maybe that's history. What's the current 411?

Shaolin Crane 07-27-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 56235)
I keep hearing scary things about Lytle Creek. Maybe that's history. What's the current 411?

Like what? Ive been going for 17 years, and only recall 1 idiot gangbanger looking dude who was rapid firing from the hip and the range master pulled his firearm and stopped the dude, only downside is its far away. Still my favorite range of all.

Vettezuki 07-27-2010 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 56238)
Like what? Ive been going for 17 years, and only recall 1 idiot gangbanger looking dude who was rapid firing from the hip and the range master pulled his firearm and stopped the dude, only downside is its far away. Still my favorite range of all.

Like drink'n and shoot'n, and stuff. I'll certainly take your word for it. On our last Angeles Crest run, we ate at Fuddruckers, then my brother and I went to Bass Pros. It's seems like there's something like an attempt at a downtown strip close to BP with places to eat. We could shoot n' eat. :huh: Are the lanes fully exposed or is there shade of any kind? I'm mega-hyper white. Seriously I got a little burnt standing in the shade wearing SPF50 last Saturday.

Shaolin Crane 07-27-2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 56239)
Like drink'n and shoot'n, and stuff. I'll certainly take your word for it. On our last Angeles Crest run, we ate at Fuddruckers, then my brother and I went to Bass Pros. It's seems like there's something like an attempt at a downtown strip close to BP with places to eat. We could shoot n' eat. :huh: Are the lanes fully exposed or is there shade of any kind? I'm mega-hyper white. Seriously I got a little burnt standing in the shade wearing SPF50 last Saturday.

Oh sure, the entire area is called Lytle Creek, but the Lytle creek shooting range is one of the best run ranges that does NOT tolerate shit like that. The lanes all have shade coverings on them so you're arent in direct sunlight the entire time, tables are bolted down so they are stable when you want to use heavy artillery. For the long range shooter they have a 100yd, 300yd, 500yd, and 1000yd range, skeet range for shot guns and they dont gouge you on ammo like prado does if you need more.

Vettezuki 07-27-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 56249)
Oh sure, the entire area is called Lytle Creek, but the Lytle creek shooting range is one of the best run ranges that does NOT tolerate shit like that. The lanes all have shade coverings on them so you're arent in direct sunlight the entire time, tables are bolted down so they are stable when you want to use heavy artillery. For the long range shooter they have a 100yd, 300yd, 500yd, and 1000yd range, skeet range for shot guns and they dont gouge you on ammo like prado does if you need more.

Cool I'll just set it for Lytle Creek. See updated poll for preferred day.

Chuck 07-27-2010 09:27 PM

I voted the 28th so the old lady can go too. I am so pissed I missed the last one I worked but I could have put it off till Sunday and gone F.

iespeed 07-27-2010 10:41 PM

That's not far from home! if I can put together some ammo, would love to make this event! Finally pulled out some of my longarms and was getting excited about using them again. Will not be very acurate, but will make alot of noise!

Vettezuki 07-28-2010 01:16 AM

Oky doky, see poll for time of day.

Sonic03SVT 07-28-2010 08:38 AM

L.E. in this case is my old Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.2 - Its the standard british rifle of WWII - Dad and I have a thing for WW2 rifles...not sure where it came from. Its .303 caliber, so roughly equivalent to something like a .308 - hence the need for an outdoor range. Fwiw Lytle Creek is my favorite range in the area for things like that, never had a bad experience there myself.

Vettezuki 07-28-2010 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT (Post 56317)
L.E. in this case is my old Lee Enfield No.4 Mk.2 - Its the standard british rifle of WWII - Dad and I have a thing for WW2 rifles...not sure where it came from. Its .303 caliber, so roughly equivalent to something like a .308 - hence the need for an outdoor range. Fwiw Lytle Creek is my favorite range in the area for things like that, never had a bad experience there myself.

Ok cool. Set the date.

iespeed 07-28-2010 06:49 PM

Ammo

Found 30 45-70 rounds, just need to find some 30-40 Krag. And I'll be set.

Chuck 07-29-2010 06:06 PM

I voted either Ben. I am going to put it in my calendar so I don't forget this time. I am still not happy about missing the last one. I have been going crazy with the moving/remodel of the new place.

Vettezuki 07-29-2010 06:44 PM

Cool Chuck.

For those of you who voted morning, is that "morning or I can't go" or "prefer morning"? Me an mornings don't get along so well, but I can make it happen if there's a strong preference for morning, it's almost even at the moment.

94cobra69ss396 07-29-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 56239)

You use to be able to open shoot up in Lytle Creek and that's when it was bad. They shut that down about 10-12 years ago.

Shaolin Crane 07-29-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 56427)
You use to be able to open shoot up in Lytle Creek and that's when it was bad. They shut that down about 10-12 years ago.

You still can. California law states you can shoot anywhere as long as you are 1000yd away from civilization. So unless you're being completely retarded you're ok. But yes i have some bad stories of my own from up there.

Shaolin Crane 07-29-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 56426)
Cool Chuck.

For those of you who voted morning, is that "morning or I can't go" or "prefer morning"? Me an mornings don't get along so well, but I can make it happen if there's a strong preference for morning, it's almost even at the moment.

Lytle Creek closes at 4 but only allows admissions before 3pm so for the most shooting time its best for morning.

iespeed 07-29-2010 09:54 PM

For me, I can go either way. Morning or afternoon. Thanks Todd

94cobra69ss396 07-29-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 56432)
You still can. California law states you can shoot anywhere as long as you are 1000yd away from civilization. So unless you're being completely retarded you're ok. But yes i have some bad stories of my own from up there.

The rangers won't let you shoot up there any more and for good reason. I was up there with my wife and daugthers about a year ago hiking when we heard gun shots from the creek below us. I hurried away from the area and when we got down to the creek where my Explorer was parked there were two idiots firing in the direction we were in. They were about 100 yards away from where my truck was parked. I was pissed and my wife grabbed my arm as I started to head up to them and said let's go. On our way down we ran into a Ranger who was on his way up. We stopped him to let him know and he told us that they aren't allowed to shoot up there any more.

Chuck 07-29-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 56433)
Lytle Creek closes at 4 but only allows admissions before 3pm so for the most shooting time its best for morning.

Hey do you know if they sell ammo there?:huh:

Shaolin Crane 07-29-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 56439)
Hey do you know if they sell ammo there?:huh:

Yup

Shaolin Crane 07-29-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 56438)
The rangers won't let you shoot up there any more and for good reason. I was up there with my wife and daugthers about a year ago hiking when we heard gun shots from the creek below us. I hurried away from the area and when we got down to the creek where my Explorer was parked there were two idiots firing in the direction we were in. They were about 100 yards away from where my truck was parked. I was pissed and my wife grabbed my arm as I started to head up to them and said let's go. On our way down we ran into a Ranger who was on his way up. We stopped him to let him know and he told us that they aren't allowed to shoot up there any more.

If you were in the state park portion of the area then yes, but either way if he was parked that close to your truck he broke the law either way.

Chuck 07-29-2010 10:25 PM

They don't have prices on the website.

Shaolin Crane 07-29-2010 11:34 PM

It's on their homepage
http://www.lytlecreekrange.com/

Chuck 07-29-2010 11:37 PM

Sorry for ammo.

Shaolin Crane 07-29-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 56451)
Sorry for ammo.

Ammo is whatever market cost is generally

Vettezuki 07-30-2010 12:10 AM

Is the range within relatively short distance of food, or might pizza deliver there, or can you set up a grill outside or something? I was thinking maybe starting late morning and having a early afternoon lunch break at the facility, then more shoot'n if anyone wants as an alternative to going anywhere.

Shaolin Crane 07-30-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 56454)
Is the range within relatively short distance of food, or might pizza deliver there, or can you set up a grill outside or something? I was thinking maybe starting late morning and having a early afternoon lunch break at the facility, then more shoot'n if anyone wants as an alternative to going anywhere.

i think meeting around 10am and shooting till 1-2pm then a cruise to somewhere, bass pro, ontario mills, or anything close

Vettezuki 07-30-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 56455)
i think meeting around 10am and shooting till 1-2pm then a cruise to somewhere, bass pro, ontario mills, or anything close

10am? That's like the crack of dawn. :smack: I'll take your suggestion under advisement. Seems like a sensible plan.

Shaolin Crane 07-30-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 56456)
10am? That's like the crack of dawn. :smack: I'll take your suggestion under advisement. Seems like a sensible plan.

I'm an awake person, so 10am isnt early in my book. But i think thats the best course of action.

Shaolin Crane 07-30-2010 01:00 AM

BTW there is a BJ's in Rancho, they have awesome food and would be a great place to park some muscle and enjoy some good food

Vettezuki 07-30-2010 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 56460)
BTW there is a BJ's in Rancho, they have awesome food and would be a great place to park some muscle and enjoy some good food

I like BJ's. But Rancho what?

Shaolin Crane 07-30-2010 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 56463)
I like BJ's. But Rancho what?

Rancho Cucamonga

Vettezuki 07-30-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 56466)
Rancho Cucamonga

Oh. That Rancho. :inout:

Chuck 07-30-2010 08:20 AM

Ben, 10am is not early at all. Wake your bitch ass up and shoot some shit. :judge:

Vettezuki 07-30-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 56485)
Ben, 10am is not early at all. Wake your bitch ass up and shoot some shit. :judge:

My brother closes a bar (he's coming too) and I'm usually up til 4:00 or so. Being there at 10:00 will require effort.