Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Work, Paint, Detailing & Fabrication (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Camaro is gettin paint !!! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5123)

kdracer73 06-24-2009 09:25 PM

Camaro is gettin paint !!!

4 Attachment(s)
It has taken me 7+ years to get to this point, but sold all my gold fillings and we are eating top raman for the next six months.

SeanPlunk 06-24-2009 09:54 PM

Congrats Paul!!! What shop is doing the paint work?

kdracer73 06-24-2009 11:06 PM

Almost ashamed to say this.......One Day in Laguna Niguel. We have had them do a hand full of Chucks customers cars with good results. 2k less than other places Quoted me. Gotta be better after vs before. Now we can sing " Painted Love ":rolling:

Leedom 06-24-2009 11:40 PM

Who cares who does it as long as you are happy with the final result. The 1 day Paint shops can do good work they just generally do not do all the smoothing and working before the paint thus keeping costs down.

Vettezuki 06-24-2009 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 25558)
Almost ashamed to say this.......One Day in Laguna Niguel. We have had them do a hand full of Chucks customers cars with good results. 2k less than other places Quoted me. Gotta be better after vs before. Now we can sing " Painted Love ":rolling:

It's not that uncommon. The guys spray all day everyday and some of them are pretty damn good at it. Especially if you do your own super prep, and you're talking about pretty straight forward paint job (not putting snake skin stripes on for example) it's not at all a bad way to go. Considering it myself.

BRUTAL64 06-25-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 25562)
It's not that uncommon. The guys spray all day everyday and some of them are pretty damn good at it. Especially if you do your own super prep, and you're talking about pretty straight forward paint job (not putting snake skin stripes on for example) it's not at all a bad way to go. Considering it myself.

My Dad had his 90 Ford pick-up painted at One-Day. He is really pissed at the job they did. He is so disappointed that he may kick someone's Ass over this. He's 82 and can still kick ass.
He showed me some of the problems--they suck big time. What a shitty paint job.:mad::rant:

SeanPlunk 06-25-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 25594)
My Dad had his 90 Ford pick-up painted at One-Day. He is really pissed at the job they did. He is so disappointed that he may kick someone's Ass over this. He's 82 and can still kick ass.
He showed me some of the problems--they suck big time. What a shitty paint job.:mad::rant:

I think it depends a great deal on which one-day you go to. I have heard a few in the area are quite good, and that a few are plain awful...

Vettezuki 06-25-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 25617)
I think it depends a great deal on which one-day you go to. I have heard a few in the area are quite good, and that a few are plain awful...

Probably depends if it's before or after lunch as well. . . :leaving:

enkeivette 06-25-2009 06:24 PM

Bribe the painter to do an extra few coats of clear.

I've seen cheap shops do good work. Most of the work is in the prep, and it looks like you took care of that.

Then there is In N Out (I think) on Orangethorpe and Earil Shive on Ball. I could do a better job with a roller and flat drywall paint.

SeanPlunk 07-09-2009 08:43 PM

Progress report?

kdracer73 07-10-2009 07:12 AM

3 Attachment(s)
In booth yesterday. Should get it back Monday or Tuesday. Minor hassles w/ body shop....normal crap with time flow. Added a few changes and some other stuff. Can't wait.

SeanPlunk 07-10-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 26714)
In booth yesterday. Should get it back Monday or Tuesday. Minor hassles w/ body shop....normal crap with time flow. Added a few changes and some other stuff. Can't wait.

Very Exciting! What changes did you make?

BRUTAL64 07-10-2009 11:04 AM

What color stripes??

kdracer73 07-10-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 26728)

Full tub w/ multi link ;)

kdracer73 07-10-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 26739)
What color stripes??

I know you told Frankie I'm a pussy for goin red w/ white stripes, but i am stickin with it

BRUTAL64 07-10-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 26749)
I know you told Frankie I'm a pussy for goin red w/ white stripes, but i am stickin with it

Ok. It's just back in the day (:smack:) white stripes were....lets say; were "frowned" on.

You know I REALLY don't think you are a pussy.:D I had BLACK stripes on my RED 70 Z28.:leaving:

heypal 07-10-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 26751)
Ok. It's just back in the day (:smack:) white stripes were....lets say; were "frowned" on.

You know I REALLY don't think you are a pussy.:D I had BLACK stripes on my RED 70 Z28.:leaving:

Oh he just called you a pussy again...you ass lol.

Can't wait to see the after pics. And who did the chassis work? I will need it when my 69 is back on the road.

kdracer73 07-11-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heypal (Post 26792)

Can't wait to see the after pics. And who did the chassis work? I will need it when my 69 is back on the road.

UUMMM, note the wink after the tub comment:rolling:

BRUTAL64 07-13-2009 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heypal (Post 26792)

What "69" is this? I do mean "69" as the year.:rolleyes:

Leedom 07-13-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 26805)
UUMMM, note the wink after the tub comment:rolling:

Jerry is not the brightest color in the box. :smack:

Look forward to seeing the pics of it done.

kdracer73 07-13-2009 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 26728)

I just added the color sand and polish .
Was supposed to get it back today. But , the glass guy called me this morning and the new windshield he got has a crack. Will have to get one for Tuesday............
I called the body shop to let them know. I asked them if I could pick up the wheels at lunch time so I could mount the tires....." What wheels??? we are painting the two wheels in the trunk???? "
I dropped of 4 wheels and it is on the RO..
" let me call you back "
Ring ring..." I found them, they will be painted this afternoon"
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

heypal 07-13-2009 10:41 PM

winks mean nothing. So boo. And glen I'm talking about my 1969 mustang. I want to mini tub and 4 link the bitch.

BRUTAL64 07-14-2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heypal (Post 26913)
winks mean nothing. So boo. And glen I'm talking about my 1969 mustang. I want to mini tub and 4 link the bitch.

I did NOT know you had a 69 Mustang. I HAVE to see it!!!

Fastback or Notch back?:drink:

I used to build Pony Car engines in the 80s. Mostly 351 Clevelands and 429/460s.

I did 289s and 302 in the Seventies mostly. But, back then, there were no good heads for the FSB. So either 351 windsor heads of just go to Cleveland stuff.

I knew there was something special about you.

kdracer73 07-26-2009 04:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Camaro is done !!! Came out very nice for the price I paid. Looks a little orange in these pics but it is red . Can't wait for the next meet to show my Motorgen friends !!!:thumbs_up:
These were taken last night at Iwindale Speedway before and after our parade laps. It was mostly late model Vettes and us 2 white trash Camaros. I got the loudest cheers when I lit em up cause those new Vettes don't make as much noise !!

SeanPlunk 07-26-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 27960)
Camaro is done !!! Came out very nice for the price I paid. Looks a little orange in these pics but it is red . Can't wait for the next meet to show my Motorgen friends !!!:thumbs_up:
These were taken last night at Iwindale Speedway before and after our parade laps. It was mostly late model Vettes and us 2 white trash Camaros. I got the loudest cheers when I lit em up cause those new Vettes don't make as much noise !!

It looks great Paul, I can't wait to see it in person :bigthumbsup:

Leedom 07-26-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 27964)
It looks great Paul, I can't wait to see it in person :bigthumbsup:

:iagree: Just give Sean a few minutes with teh car though and he will find all the imperfections. You should see him with his car. :rolling:

SeanPlunk 07-26-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 27965)
:iagree: Just give Sean a few minutes with teh car though and he will find all the imperfections. You should see him with his car. :rolling:

:leaving:

enkeivette 07-29-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 27960)

Still looks liquid. :cool:

Let it bake for a month before you wax it.

BRUTAL64 07-29-2009 01:47 PM

It looks good--even though the stripes are white.:bigthumbsup:

Sonic03SVT 07-30-2009 05:27 PM

Jerry has a little girl 69. Hes jealous of mine, but itll just have to stay that way. Though, with what weve been planning, his may end up not quite as gay as most coupes....maybe. :sm_laughing:

heypal 07-30-2009 06:31 PM

HOW DARE YOU SIR...YOUR A WHORE

that is all