Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   July 18th Motorgen Meet v. a week behind schedule (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5597)

SeanPlunk 07-12-2009 11:07 PM

July 18th Motorgen Meet v. a week behind schedule

July Monthly Motorgen Meet at Nick's Burger in Fullerton. Here is the link with details! The meet starts at 6:30p.m. A great mix of domestic, import, and euro. Everyone is welcome - the food is good and it's a great group of people! The Gods have conspired against us this month so we're a week behind and we're just doing a good old fashioned meet this month without a cruise. We'll be back to the normal meeting date of the 2nd Saturday (August 8th) next month and we'll be cruising again!

The address for Nick's is:

Nick's Burger
1712 W. Orangethorpe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92833

For anyone that hasn't seen the media for the Angeles Crest thread from last month it is located here. Also, I was out at Mitsubishi Owners Day on the 11th (great event, very well organized), and pictures of that can be found here.

I hope to see you all out at the meet. It's a great group and we always have a blast. Bring your friends and come see a bunch of cool cars from all makes and models :bigthumbsup:

BRUTAL64 07-13-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 26840)
July Monthly Motorgen Meet at Nick's Burger in Fullerton. Here is the link with details! The meet starts at 6:30p.m. A great mix of domestic, import, and euro. Everyone is welcome - the food is good and it's a great group of people! The Gods have conspired against us this month so we're a week behind and we're just doing a good old fashioned meet this month without a cruise. We'll be back to the normal meeting date of the 2nd Saturday (August 8th) next month and we'll be cruising again!

The address for Nick's is:

Nick's Burger
1712 W. Orangethorpe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92833

For anyone that hasn't seen the media for the Angeles Crest thread from last month it is located here. Also, I was out at Mitsubishi Owners Day on the 11th (great event, very well organized), and pictures of that can be found here.

I hope to see you all out at the meet. It's a great group and we always have a blast. Bring your friends and come see a bunch of cool cars from all makes and models :bigthumbsup:

I have to be there, I owe money to someone and I hear he is real mean.:judge:

Vettezuki 07-13-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 26895)

I'm a pussy cat as long as you pay up. :laugh:

SeanPlunk 07-13-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 26895)

LOL, I'll see you there buddy :bigthumbsup:

kdracer73 07-13-2009 10:38 PM

Will be at Chucks wedding that night :(
If any one wants to join up with a cruise this Sunday, the camaro club is hosting a Santiago Canyon cruise . All makes are welcome. we will meet at 9am in Anahiem hills. The Pep Boys store,Wier canyon and Santa ana Canyon.
We will end up at Fuddruckers on El Toro road in Lake Forest for lunch.

SeanPlunk 07-14-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 26912)
Will be at Chucks wedding that night :(
If any one wants to join up with a cruise this Sunday, the camaro club is hosting a Santiago Canyon cruise . All makes are welcome. we will meet at 9am in Anahiem hills. The Pep Boys store,Wier canyon and Santa ana Canyon.
We will end up at Fuddruckers on El Toro road in Lake Forest for lunch.

Tell Chuck congratulations for me!

We'll miss you though buddy :drink:

kdracer73 07-14-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 26938)
Tell Chuck congratulations for me!

We'll miss you though buddy :drink:

Will do :drink:

JDMxDB8 07-15-2009 07:54 PM

I'll try to make it.

SeanPlunk 07-17-2009 04:28 PM

This is tomorrow, everyone excited?

BRUTAL64 07-17-2009 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 27277)

Excited about what?:judge:

kdracer73 07-17-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 27277)

Bummed I'm gonna miss it !!!!!!!!!

SeanPlunk 07-17-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 27278)
Excited about what?:judge:

I just thought you might be excited to see me :leaving:

:laugh:

Vettezuki 07-17-2009 06:50 PM

I'm pretty iffy. Some family time and a day of work on the project car on Sunday is limiting. But I still might swing by for a bit.

BlacknBoostn 07-18-2009 08:01 AM

ill be there with Kera, probably along with JJ (black conv. GT with a nasty cowled hood) and David aka Vadoo with the other black SRT

BRUTAL64 07-18-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 27285)
I just thought you might be excited to see me :leaving:

:laugh:

Always! You think that is a......................in my pocket?:smack::smack:

SeanPlunk 07-18-2009 11:10 PM

Great turnout - thank you so much everyone for coming! Here are the pics:

SeanPlunk 07-18-2009 11:18 PM

DutchChallenger 07-19-2009 12:40 AM

Nice to meet you all. My Nephew and I Had A Great time.

Great rides!

Thanks,
James
"Dutch"

Douglas Mariani 07-19-2009 07:40 AM

I had a good time :bigthumbsup:

Here's a link to some more pictures.

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/l...Gen%207-18-09/

bondosho 07-19-2009 09:03 AM

Nice pics. You know, I freaking love the new 370Z. Just the suttle changes to 350 made it look incredible.

SeanPlunk 07-19-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchChallenger (Post 27337)
Nice to meet you all. My Nephew and I Had A Great time.

Great rides!

Thanks,
James
"Dutch"

Thanks for coming - it was nice to meet you too. Your Challenger is :drool:

I stole a few of your photos - hope you don't mind :)

BlacknBoostn 07-19-2009 10:40 AM

Sean, that was a hell of a turnout we had!!! darn near ran outta parking!!! see ya soon!!

geovett 07-19-2009 11:15 AM

got there a little late, but Kool guys and sick rides!!!!

SeanPlunk 07-19-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bondosho (Post 27342)
Nice pics. You know, I freaking love the new 370Z. Just the suttle changes to 350 made it look incredible.

I totally agree - it looks great in person.

sinaSRT-4 07-19-2009 01:31 PM

Looks like you guys had a blast and those are some sick cars! Sorry I missed out. :D

I will be out at the meet so hopefully the cruise will be through Ortega Canyon.

SeanPlunk 07-19-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinaSRT-4 (Post 27352)
Looks like you guys had a blast and those are some sick cars! Sorry I missed out. :D

I will be out at the meet so hopefully the cruise will be through Ortega Canyon.

We missed you dude, we had 4 SRT4's, but no yellow ones :thumbs_up:

sinaSRT-4 07-19-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 27353)
We missed you dude, we had 4 SRT4's, but no yellow ones :thumbs_up:

Thanks brotha!

And at the Angeles Crest Cruise I actually had 2 exhaust leaks, my BOV wasn't venting properly (vacuum line problem), and my brake shoes were actually staying stuck after I would lower the parking brake (they wouldn't disengage properly) :suicide:. The other problem is that my tranny was giving me problems towards the end of the run and didn't allow me to shift into 4th or 1st or reverse (I know I should have replaced some parts already) :laugh:

All I have to do is fix 1 exhaust leak and install new transmission parts so I can be ready for the next cruise. ;)

DutchChallenger 07-19-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 27345)
Thanks for coming - it was nice to meet you too. Your Challenger is :drool:

I stole a few of your photos - hope you don't mind :)

:thumbs_up: No prob! Steal away!

You too have an awsome Mustang... "Cars, Gotta love em":drive:

SeanPlunk 07-19-2009 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DutchChallenger (Post 27357)
:thumbs_up: No prob! Steal away!

You too have an awsome Mustang... "Cars, Gotta love em":drive:

Thank you sir!

Oh, and your pictures are now spread across forums all around the internet :thumbs_up:

enkeivette 07-20-2009 06:12 AM

My paint looked kinda dull, beginning to realize that pearl paint jobs need sunlight to sparkle. My last paint job was the same way (blue pearl) a sparkly metallic blue under the sun and a dull purple at twilight.

The motorgen car might look like this too if we go with pearl.

This Cobra was rad

brian90505 07-20-2009 12:06 PM

Nice little turnout there. Nice cars! But who was the knucklehead who did the donut in the middle of the street on his way out? He sure was proud of himself. Stuff like that is not impressive, just brings the cops and gets things shut down.

SeanPlunk 07-20-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian90505 (Post 27384)
Nice little turnout there. Nice cars! But who was the knucklehead who did the donut in the middle of the street on his way out? He sure was proud of himself. Stuff like that is not impressive, just brings the cops and gets things shut down.

I agree. I don't know who it was though - nobody actually on here as far as I know. Thanks for coming to the meet though. Your car is a white C6?

brian90505 07-20-2009 12:35 PM

Yes, the one parked next to the new SS.

enkeivette 07-20-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian90505 (Post 27384)

Disagree, thought it was rad. Cops can't shut down meets like that unless the owner requests that we leave.

I did think your C6 was beautiful though. Love blacked out white cars.

brian90505 07-20-2009 01:11 PM

Checked out your C3 too...very nice.

Hopefully you're right. But burnouts and donuts can't really be regulated. One guy gets away with it and before you know it, a lot of guys are doing it. I've done my share of that stuff, it will bring the cops. Anyways, I'll see you around.

BlacknBoostn 07-20-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 27389)
Disagree, thought it was rad. Cops can't shut down meets like that unless the owner requests that we leave.

I did think your C6 was beautiful though. Love blacked out white cars.

sure, the cops cant stop the meets from happening, but they can certainly roll up and begin to make a more regular appearance thus causing a lack of interest. we had a HUGE turnout and although I thought it was cool to see, it was still a reckless and immature thing to do.. lets all try not to draw attention to ourselves any more than needed, I like that location. I'm sure that if cops start rolling people will stop coming and it's cause of dumb moves like doing donuts that will bring the cops. :mad:

Douglas Mariani 07-20-2009 04:07 PM

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges

BRUTAL64 07-20-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Mariani (Post 27419)
Badges? We don't need no stinking badges

So where's your "no stinking badge"??:smack:

enkeivette 07-20-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 27399)
sure, the cops cant stop the meets from happening, but they can certainly roll up and begin to make a more regular appearance thus causing a lack of interest. we had a HUGE turnout and although I thought it was cool to see, it was still a reckless and immature thing to do.. lets all try not to draw attention to ourselves any more than needed, I like that location. I'm sure that if cops start rolling people will stop coming and it's cause of dumb moves like doing donuts that will bring the cops. :mad:

This is boring. Let's talk about boobs some more, where's your GF?

Vettezuki 07-20-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 27432)
This is boring. Let's talk about boobs some more, where's your GF?

You're the biggest boob I've ever seen. :nutkick: