Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engines, Transimissions, Suspension, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Drama - Cobra Pulleys (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435)

SexyLxy 06-18-2008 11:25 AM

Drama - Cobra Pulleys

Alright, so damn Farmers is taking their sweet ass time getting the court check here and we have been waiting and waiting. We had hoped it would be here by Monday and the latest yesterday. Nope, nothing! I have several phone calls to the adjuster and supp of that adjuster to find out what is going on. But in the mean time we were going to use that check for the toys on the Cobra and put them on the vehicle on our vacation next week.

So I finally said just call the place and buy the parts but them on the CC and when the check comes, we'll just pay it off....well the damn place takes 4-5 days to get it here and they don't do priority shipping (they are in florida and it wouldn't ship out until tomorrow. So we're looking at late next week if at all.

I'm trying to get out of Sean the parts needed as I'm trying to research another vendor to buy the darn parts from that we can pay for priority shipping.

Any ideas???????? HELP! Sean's going to explode if he doesn't get this done next week! He wants to play with his new toy and someone is dangling a damn carrot infront of him.

SexyLxy 06-18-2008 12:00 PM

Now Farmers is playing games....they just called and said the check was mailed THIS MORNING as she was awaiting approval from her supervisor to issue the check. I'm thinking she forgot about the file again b/c I called yesterday to check the status and somehow something was done yesterday.

So needless to say POS insurance company (really coming from someone in claims....they're horrible)

Yeah we sent over the releases on 06/05/2008.....the money is going out 13 days later. LAME!

SexyLxy 06-18-2008 01:22 PM

Update from Mr. P

"The tuner is only open Monday-Friday. I left him a message though to ask a couple questions. I talked to Billetflow – the place I talked to is there fastest, #1 distributor. I guess I’ll just order it and see if I get lucky, but I’m not holding my breath at this point. It’ll be okay though, I could always do it later. You cannot get it shipped any faster – ground is the only thing available."

He took a chance and ordered it.....we'll see when they come.

Vettezuki 06-18-2008 01:26 PM

You might want to try Pacific Performance Products right here in Anaheim. They probably don't stock them, but they might know a way to get them sooner. :huh:

http://www.pacificperf.com/

SeanPlunk 06-18-2008 02:09 PM

No chance of getting them sooner, so we'll see if they make it. I'm not holding my breath at this point. Unfortunately, if I don't get them done on vacation, I may have to wait until late August/early September because we have vacations every week during the summer here so time off is scarce :suicide:

Vettezuki 06-18-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3533)
No chance of getting them sooner, so we'll see if they make it. I'm not holding my breath at this point. Unfortunately, if I don't get them done on vacation, I may have to wait until late August/early September because we have vacations every week during the summer here so time off is scarce :suicide:

Uh, exactly how much work is involved with putting on a set of pulleys? At your pace, even with Pulleys, sub-frame connectors and tires, Brian is still going to be faster. :smack:

SeanPlunk 06-18-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 3538)
Uh, exactly how much work is involved with putting on a set of pulleys? At your pace, even with Pulleys, sub-frame connectors and tires, Brian is still going to be faster. :smack:

The work isn't so bad, but you need a special tool to pull the pulley off. The tool costs over $100. The tuner was charging me $50, so it was more cost effective to have him do it. It's not the actual work anyway, it's the tuning that's obviously much more important.

Leedom 06-18-2008 05:25 PM

Does Brothers carry them? They are out in the IE. You could always go pick them up!

enkeivette 06-18-2008 11:06 PM

Everytime a job has required a special tool to be done, I do it without the special tool.

Other than being reverse thread, what's complicated about it? Are you going to install it yourself?

Vettezuki 06-19-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 3565)
Everytime a job has required a special tool to be done, I do it without the special tool.

Other than being reverse thread, what's complicated about it? Are you going to install it yourself?

Pulling pulleys without a pulley puller? Mmm, sounds, uh, diffiuclt.

SeanPlunk 06-19-2008 08:31 AM

I believe the pulley is pressed on. Also, I don't want to drive the car any distance untuned. I'd rather just have him do it. I know if I keep my foot out of it that it would probably be okay, but why risk it? For $50, I'd rather have someone with the correct tool and experience just handle it.

SeanPlunk 06-19-2008 01:22 PM

I swear to God I'm cursed. The main distributor called to tell me they didn't have black pulleys in stock and they were back ordered a month. I asked if I could switch to silver, and they said yes, but that they didn't have silver idlers. This meant in order to have a matched set I'd have to go blue or red (which both look like ass, especially on a white car). My lovely wife stepped in though, managed to order direct from Billetflow and I'll be getting them sooner now :hail:. Not sure how she did it, I talked to a billerflow rep and they said you could only get it through distributors. I just need to stop trying to do anything :sm_laughing:

SeanPlunk 06-19-2008 01:24 PM

Pictures for reference:

SeanPlunk 06-19-2008 01:25 PM

I'm getting the ones on the bottom now. I hate the blue, and they don't have a picture of the red. Oh well, silvers look good :sm_laughing:

BRUTAL64 06-19-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3583)
I'm getting the ones on the bottom now. I hate the blue, and they don't have a picture of the red. Oh well, silvers look good :sm_laughing:

Will it be done by the next McDonalds meet?

SeanPlunk 06-19-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn64vette (Post 3584)
Will it be done by the next McDonalds meet?

I'm hesitant to say yes because I'm cursed :o, but it should be... The car should be putting down somewhere between 445-465 RWHP, and 450-475 RWTQ with any luck by then.

Vettezuki 06-19-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3585)
. . .The car should be putting down somewhere between 445-465 RWHP, and 450-475 RWTQ with any luck by then.

Then 14s at 118 are right around the corner. :smack:

enkeivette 06-19-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 3568)
Pulling pulleys without a pulley puller? Mmm, sounds, uh, diffiuclt.

Let me clarify... Or I will get in the Zone, Autozone! and rent the tool for free.

Yes they have pulley pullers. :D But $50 aint nothin' And red would have looked sweet BTW, almost as sweet as blue!

BRUTAL64 06-19-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3585)
I'm hesitant to say yes because I'm cursed :o, but it should be... The car should be putting down somewhere between 445-465 RWHP, and 450-475 RWTQ with any luck by then.

There might be some changes to my car by then too. But, mine is completely unexpected by anyone--except maybe Ben.:(

SexyLxy 06-19-2008 02:43 PM

Yes, let me clarify....a woman stepped in, and saved the day, ok year. Yes, that is right, I called the manufacture and ordered direct and they will be doing a 2 day ship, so that means that they will either be here Monday or Tuesday. We'll probably schedule the putting on and tune for wed or thursday.

Watch out boys, here we come. Ok, we might be able to play with the civic running 11's.....but after the tune, we need traction. :)

Now for the subframs, tires, and rims. Hand over the phone number and the exact part # and I'll do the talking.

See you in our smoke on Thursday suckaz! Ok I'm really talking to brian and ben.......:D

SeanPlunk 06-19-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 3586)
Then 14s at 118 are right around the corner. :smack:

Traction is for suckers, high MPH FTW :thumbs_up:

enkeivette 06-19-2008 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3591)

FTW?

SexyLxy 06-19-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 3592)
FTW?

FOR THE WIN

Come on Adam, get with the program. Ok you must come over and play xbox with the boys under "ScottMomFTW." :P Then you'll truely understand the meaning behind the name.

Vettezuki 06-19-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3591)

Oh, enkeivette has got you covered there I think.

Vettezuki 06-19-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 3590)
. . . . See you in our smoke on Thursday suckaz! Ok I'm really talking to brian and ben.......:D

I'm gonna let you guys get faster for a little bit . . . that way it'll be sweeter when I take it away. Muhuhaha.

SeanPlunk 06-19-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 3597)
Oh, enkeivette has got you covered there I think.

How would we know? Its never been anywhere near a track :nutkick:

SexyLxy 06-19-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 3598)
I'm gonna let you guys get faster for a little bit . . . that way it'll be sweeter when I take it away. Muhuhaha.

We'll see about that.......:thumbs_up:

Vettezuki 06-19-2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 3600)
We'll see about that.......:thumbs_up:

Great! You have way more fighting spirit than your nancy-pants husband . . . :thumbs_up:

enkeivette 06-19-2008 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3599)
How would we know? Its never been anywhere near a track :nutkick:

Enkeivette's motor is nothing but a short block right now, and the car doesn't have a front bumper or any paint. Let's worry about that first.

But I will race your bitch ass with my Neon. It's a DOHC! :D

SexyLxy 06-25-2008 09:06 AM

Big Day Tomorrow

The parts have arrived (pullies and subframes), the tuner has been issued his money via pay pal, and our appointment has been set. Line um up tomorrow and we'll see who's got the balls. JK, we can't wait for this process to be finally OVER WITH! It seems as though with every step of the way to just get the pullies, something has gone wrong. And I mean every step, even paying the guy to do the tune tommorrow via pay pal.....

I'm trying to convince Sean to take the video camera but he's questioning me...I said you'll only get one shot like this....I hope he takes it.

Vettezuki 06-25-2008 03:24 PM

It wouldn't be working on a car if the goddamn thing didn't fight you every step of the way. :judge:

SeanPlunk 06-26-2008 01:58 PM

Well, everything else was a pain in the ass, but the install and tuning was a breeze. Greg at RET did a great job. The final numbers are 455 RWHP, and 455 RWTQ. The car definitely feels a whole lot healthier :thumbs_up:

Leedom 06-26-2008 02:53 PM

Sean just stop messing around and throw a whipple on it already and sell me your Eaton for cheap and then we can both run in the 14's at 110+ MPH. :rolling:

SexyLxy 06-26-2008 03:26 PM

The Final Result

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3698)
Well, everything else was a pain in the ass, but the install and tuning was a breeze. Greg at RET did a great job. The final numbers are 455 RWHP, and 455 RWTQ. The car definitely feels a whole lot healthier :thumbs_up:

The Prep...cooling the engine down...

Let the work begin

Drilling out the old pulley

The new pulley is prep'd to be put on

Tada! Atlast, the pulleys have been put on

The test drive to the lift to get something welded

The finishing touches with the welding machine

Video

The final finish. Icing down the blower and putting ice into the cooling tank to get the best numbers.

BRUTAL64 06-26-2008 03:41 PM

Does all this work mean we'll be seeing some 11s????;)

Vettezuki 06-26-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn64vette (Post 3701)

:rolling:

Vettezuki 06-26-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 3700)
(to be inserted here - video of tune...trying to upload and resize...help)

Was it shot on miniDV? If so, just drop off the tape at my house and I'll edit and put it up.

Quote:

The final finish. Icing down the blower and putting ice into the cooling tank to get the best numbers.
Outer cooler? :sm_laughing:

enkeivette 06-26-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn64vette (Post 3701)

No, 14s at 120 mph. :D

Leedom 06-26-2008 11:48 PM

We should all give Sean a break... he will be running 13.4 at 120!! New personal best for Sean, but still slower than Brian. :D

enkeivette 06-27-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 3708)
We should all give Sean a break... he will be running 13.4 at 120!! New personal best for Sean, but still slower than Brian. :D

:nutkick::suicide: