Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Azusa Canyon Cruise and Motorgen Meet 4/11!! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2269)

SeanPlunk 03-18-2009 02:28 PM

Azusa Canyon Cruise and Motorgen Meet 4/11!!

Here's the videos from the meet and cruise.

[OP]
Monthly Motorgen Meet and Cruise!

This month we're taking a little bit longer cruise up through San Gabriel Canyon through part of the Angeles National Forest. Here is the entire route if anyone wants to see!

We will be meeting at the parking lot directly across the street from Nick's Burger at 3:30p.m. We are planning to leave for the cruise promptly at 4:00p.m. The cruise should take roughly 2 hours total. We will make one stop to collect everyone after we go through the canyon and I'll update where that will be in a day or two.

The address for Nick's is:

Nick's Burger
1712 W. Orangethorpe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92833

The last meet was a blast with about 50 cars and a mix of domestic, euro, and import. from our last cruise.

I hope to see you all out there, it should be good times as always :)

If you have any questions or problems please call me at 714-322-2324 or shoot me an email at SeanPlunk@gmail.com. Also, here is the link on our calendar, and here is a link to the thread on our board. Thanks!!

Deep-GXP 03-20-2009 04:48 PM

woohoo, Brian over at GT PRO. His daughter and my g/f are good friends.

He gave me a tour of his whole shop. His shop and his work is top notch !

BlacknBoostn 03-30-2009 03:08 PM

is this still on???

SeanPlunk 03-30-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 19135)
is this still on???

I'm working on it. I need to make a decision soon. Sadly, the AWD guys don't seem too interested so far :o

If it's off, we're doing another cruise instead - I'll keep everyone updated.

Douglas Mariani 03-30-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 19136)
I'm working on it. I need to make a decision soon. Sadly, the AWD guys don't seem too interested so far :o

CRUISE CRUISE CRUISE:bigthumbsup:

Deep-GXP 03-30-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Mariani (Post 19137)

X2, although I wouldnt be able to make a Saturday cruise :( Only sundays work for me. Maybe next time.

BRUTAL64 03-30-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Mariani (Post 19137)

Why, you can't keep up.:smack:

Sorry, a really bad day.:o

Douglas Mariani 03-31-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 19147)
Why, you can't keep up.:smack:

Sorry, a really bad day.:o

I couldn't keep up?!?!......why you :rant:......:nutkick:

:smack:

BlacknBoostn 03-31-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 19136)

Good deal, I can wait to dyno... to be honest... SRTforums is doing a couple days comin up SRTs only for $45/3pulls with a/f... :sm_up_there: doesn't beat hanging out with a bunch of V8s though!! I'll be bringing a buddy of mine along with his SRT for dyno and or cruise.

Deep-GXP 03-31-2009 11:09 AM

If this doesnt go through, how about going back to R.E.T. ?

I want to dyno again but with A/F. I also want to stick to the same dyno so I know approximately how much I have improved over last time.

SeanPlunk 03-31-2009 09:41 PM

Alright guys, the AWD thing just wasn't happening, so we're doing a cruise instead. Probably something down Azusa canyon. Keep your eyes here and I'll post up details tonight or tomorrow :bigthumbsup:

SoCalC55 03-31-2009 09:46 PM

Ill keep an eye out and post over on the MB forums

Cruise was the better choice, haha

SeanPlunk 03-31-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalC55 (Post 19301)
Ill keep an eye out and post over on the MB forums

Cruise was the better choice, haha

That seems to be the conventional wisdom. It's too bad we couldn't get enough people for the AWD thing, but they just didn't seem to be interested when push came to shove :huh:

BRUTAL64 04-01-2009 11:10 AM

I (myself me) have no interest in going to Azusa. :barf:

Vettezuki 04-01-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 19338)

Wherefore?

SeanPlunk 04-01-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 19338)

HAHA, we're going canyon cruising, not to Azusa the city :p

SeanPlunk 04-01-2009 11:47 AM

I need to finalize the route and get the threads posted by tonight. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears - I could actually use the help :judge:

Vettezuki 04-01-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 19346)
I need to finalize the route and get the threads posted by tonight. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears - I could actually use the help :judge:

I was thining something like this. Note length and estimated time. It needs to be run to make sure it's open all the way through but basically I think it'd be a hoot.

BRUTAL64 04-01-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 19349)
I was thining something like this. Note length and estimated time. It needs to be run to make sure it's open all the way through but basically I think it'd be a hoot.

Works for me. I get to follow the Yellow car again? :drink:

kdracer73 04-01-2009 03:06 PM

I'm in, as long as we keep the 4pm meet time. I work till 3pm in South County and had to boogie to get there by then last time.

Vettezuki 04-01-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 19379)
I'm in, as long as we keep the 4pm meet time. I work till 3pm in South County and had to boogie to get there by then last time.

4:30 departure (as last time) should be just fine. Sean?

Deep-GXP 04-01-2009 04:54 PM

Be careful !!!! We went up there not even 2 weeks ago and around a sharp turn sure enough there were 2 cops stoping every car that was with us. They asked us all why we didnt have front plates on etc etc. We're damn lucky none of us had to pop our hood open. The cop specifically said that now if you get a ticket IN AZUSA CANYONS for an illegal part when you show up to get it signed off they put your car up on a lift and check for EVERYTHING before signing your ticket off.

I dont mean to ruin the cruise, just trying to warn you guys that Azusa canyons has been used and abused and I personally would never go up there again with a big group of modified cars :P

Goodluck fellas.

Vettezuki 04-01-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep-GXP (Post 19399)
Be careful !!!! We went up there not even 2 weeks ago and around a sharp turn sure enough there were 2 cops stoping every car that was with us. They asked us all why we didnt have front plates on etc etc. We're damn lucky none of us had to pop our hood open. The cop specifically said that now if you get a ticket IN AZUSA CANYONS for an illegal part when you show up to get it signed off they put your car up on a lift and check for EVERYTHING before signing your ticket off.

I dont mean to ruin the cruise, just trying to warn you guys that Azusa canyons has been used and abused and I personally would never go up there again with a big group of modified cars :P

Goodluck fellas.

I think most of us are legal, or so stealthy it'd take a very savvy cop to know.

BlacknBoostn 04-01-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 19401)
I think most of us are legal, or so stealthy it'd take a very savvy cop to know.

I'm gonna drive behind Brutal64 :sm_up_there:

Deep-GXP 04-01-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Well then, atleast throw on your front plate lol.
and remember, you'll most likely be speeding too ;)

BlacknBoostn 04-01-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep-GXP (Post 19405)

can they technically pull me over for that? SRT4 comes with no brackets!

heypal 04-01-2009 07:57 PM

yes and they will. And no you can't have it in your dash. 20 dollar ticket now btw not 10 anymore.

SeanPlunk 04-01-2009 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 19383)
4:30 departure (as last time) should be just fine. Sean?

If possible I'd like to leave a little earlier in order to make sure we get back in time. I'd also like to schedule one stop like last time to get everyone back together after the canyon. I am thinking of having everyone meet at 3:30 and leaving at 4. Paul, if you're late for any reason, we'll wait for you though :bigthumbsup:

Leedom 04-01-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep-GXP (Post 19405)

There might be a problem regarding the missing front plates, but when I lead there is no speeding involved. Glenn can atest to that. I can put on my front plate for the day. ;)

SoCalC55 04-02-2009 12:48 AM

front plates for the loss... im still mad the original owner of my car decided it was a good thing to put one on *shakes fist*

kdracer73 04-02-2009 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 19413)
If possible I'd like to leave a little earlier in order to make sure we get back in time. I'd also like to schedule one stop like last time to get everyone back together after the canyon. I am thinking of having everyone meet at 3:30 and leaving at 4. Paul, if you're late for any reason, we'll wait for you though :bigthumbsup:

I will just book a phantom smog check for 2:30 that just happens to be a "no -show":whistle: .Then I can tell my boss I saved him $$$ by clocking out early !!

BRUTAL64 04-02-2009 09:29 AM

I don't have a front plate. :rolleyes2:

Look if there is any possible reason for us to pulled over, this is going to be a bust. We need another route. We will be at the mercy of a COP. I've never found that to be favorible.:leaving:

How about Brea Canyon thru Carbon Canyon type route?.

Look I've been thru this shit many times, when they (powers that be) decide to shut down a crusing place or course, they will write you up fo everything possible. It's their call and that's NEVER good.

BRUTAL64 04-02-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

And if the COP does know his shit, then what?? This is NOT looking good.:leaving:

BRUTAL64 04-02-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 19404)
I'm gonna drive behind Brutal64 :sm_up_there:

As long as I'm following the Yellow beast, you should be able to keep up.:smack::thumbs_up:

You know I'm kidding??? Right????

Deep-GXP 04-02-2009 10:47 AM

Believe me, this cop was power tripping. I told him I didnt have my bracket for the front plate and he said "Yeah that's what everyone says, get your front plate on and Get the hell off my mountain! and dont come back". So then i was like "well do i go straight ahead or back the way i came? Then he said something like "Just get off my mountain, yes go straight!"

His face was kinda like this :mad: ...no joke.

You cant even park up there without a parking pass. He was also giving tickets to people that were parked there before we even rolled up.

BobsGSX 04-02-2009 10:53 AM

hey Sean, my friend with an Evo told me the dyno day was not on the calender and ironically I was at GTpro yesterday, I even said something about it. I have my dads VR4, my friends evo, and a WRX wagon... maybe two
I noticed they removed your post on SoCal Evo and thats a bummer because thats where all the AWD Dyno whores are at. I really hope that we can get enough cars and if not maybe in the future... Then my car MAY be done, lol.
I am not able to sign in as often as I would like but I will keep checking....

Vettezuki 04-02-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsGSX (Post 19455)
hey Sean, my friend with an Evo told me the dyno day was not on the calender and ironically I was at GTpro yesterday, I even said something about it. I have my dads VR4, my friends evo, and a WRX wagon... maybe two
I noticed they removed your post on SoCal Evo and thats a bummer because thats where all the AWD Dyno whores are at. I really hope that we can get enough cars and if not maybe in the future... Then my car MAY be done, lol.
I am not able to sign in as often as I would like but I will keep checking....

It fell through due to lack of response. We'll try again some day with a different approach perhaps, but it was lukewarm at best this time.

Vettezuki 04-02-2009 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep-GXP (Post 19453)
Believe me, this cop was power tripping. I told him I didnt have my bracket for the front plate and he said "Yeah that's what everyone says, get your front plate on and Get the hell off my mountain! and dont come back". So then i was like "well do i go straight ahead or back the way i came? Then he said something like "Just get off my mountain, yes go straight!"

His face was kinda like this :mad: ...no joke.

You cant even park up there without a parking pass. He was also giving tickets to people that were parked there before we even rolled up.

"My mountain . . . " I do believe that would set me off.

Vettezuki 04-02-2009 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 19442)
And if the COP does know his shit, then what?? This is NOT looking good.:leaving:

Ok, how many people who are actually considering going are NOT legal?

I am. Sean is. Leedom is. You are. . . .

BRUTAL64 04-02-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 19459)
Ok, how many people who are actually considering going are NOT legal?

I am. Sean is. Leedom is. You are. . . .

Legal by who's terms? If we are stopped and the COP is so inclined, they will find SOMETHING to write us up with. Right or wrong is not the point here, it is the hassle we will subject to. Some will get costly tickets other could just get fix it tickets. Either way I do not want to be subject to this. But, that's just me.:drink:

If the powers that be want us off that mountian they will get us off that mountain.:(