Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engines, Transimissions, Suspension, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Verdict is in, I should be in 700hp territory. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8606)

Vettezuki 10-05-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 34065)
Then again, regarding Ben's car, I believe he bought the motor from someone on the East Coast who built it to run on 93... which is street gas in most parts of the U.S.

Many civilized paces in the country have gas that would run in my car, just not the DPRK, Democratic People's Repubic of Kalifoooniaa.

However, the guy I bought the motor was right here in town.

As for street car, it rides smoother and Quieter, has A/C, get's great mileage, etc. So what if takes a can of Torco now and again.

BADDASSC6 10-05-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 34015)
I think to say Ron's car is a drag car is totally rediculous. If I throw a blower on my car and go with 4.10 in the rear is my car a drag car? That being said, Carlos... for what you are saying Ron has done to his Chevelle that would put you in the road racing category in my mind. You have upgraded brakes, cooling, motor, suspension...blah, blah, blah.

Yes you are right my car is in the road racing category BIG TIME. Every single modification that I have done was to achieve lower lap times on road courses. Even my cam was picked for a wider power band. The only stock suspension pieces are the A-arms, uprights and rear sway bar.

I will say Ron's car is a "street car that has been heavily modified for drag racing". I think that's a happy medium.

Ron, yes if I drove my vette on fat and skinnies with 150 shot and lake wood drag shocks (that is what 90/10s are) then I would pretty much consider it a drag car.

BRUTAL64 10-05-2009 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 34077)
Many civilized paces in the country have gas that would run in my car, just not the DPRK, Democratic People's Repubic of Kalifoooniaa.

However, the guy I bought the motor was right here in town.

As for street car, it rides smoother and Quieter, has A/C, get's great mileage, etc. So what if takes a can of Torco now and again.

But.....it's.........white.............:inout:

94cobra69ss396 10-05-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 34096)
I will say Ron's car is a "street car that has been heavily modified for drag racing". I think that's a happy medium.

I agree with this statement.

Vettezuki 10-05-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 34101)
I agree with this statement.

:iagree: :drink:

Vettezuki 10-05-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 34097)
But.....it's.........white.............:inout:

Before I got my C3 I didn't really like white on cars. I love it on my C3. Someday I might go with a midnight blue up front with a gradient fade into white gohst flames and white at the back, but that's money and would be nearly the last thing I'd do. As for interior color, I can't make up my mind.
- Cream/Tan - sort of like I have, classy
- Charcoal/black - works of course, but a little ho-hum (you know how I feel about that)
- two tone white and blue with brushed metal and carbon fiber - cool!, but would require careful planning for an aesthetic balance

BADDASSC6 10-05-2009 03:27 PM

So is this the longest thread in MOTORGEN history?

If Ron is the unofficial motorgen street drag king:bow: and I'm the unofficial motorgen road racer :motorsmile:then can we crown Adam as the motorgen bench racing / dyno queen:laugh:?

SeanPlunk 10-05-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 34109)
If Ron is the unofficial motorgen street drag king:bow: and I'm the unofficial motorgen road racer :motorsmile:then can we crown Adam as the motorgen bench racing / dyno queen:laugh:?

This is 100% accurate :jester:

Vettezuki 10-05-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 34110)
This is 100% accurate :jester:

Perhaps. But I've never seen anyone, I mean anyone, do so much with so little, completely on their own, from engine building through some pretty damn nice paint and body, as Adam. And for that. :hail:

BADDASSC6 10-05-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 34111)
Perhaps. But I've never seen anyone, I mean anyone, do so much with so little, completely on their own, from engine building through some pretty damn nice paint and body, as Adam. And for that. :hail:

I agree:thumbs_up:, so why is everyone trying to egg him on to blow his diff. Let him enjoy it for a while.