Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Multi-model Dyno Day and Motorgen Meet February 21, 2009 (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1097)

SeanPlunk 02-12-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman 04 srt4 (Post 15150)
It's a factory up grade plug n play setup .It comes with a larger turbofold(turbo and manifold combined) lager injectors ,pcm upgrade with 3 bar tip and map sensors and higher pressure fuel system...toys wich allow a person to adjust boost from 1 to 3settings 8 psi the lowest to about 20 psi the highest. hom (high octane mode ) allows more timing but can only be used with 100 +++ octane. so thats it:bigthumbsup:

Are you running on 100+ octane or are those numbers for 91? Also, how does the turbofold work? Is the header and turbo actually one piece?

fatman 04 srt4 02-13-2009 06:40 PM

Yes the turbo and manifold are one but the 02 housing is separate that part can be enlarged easily for better flow. the CHR can be removed for servicing as well. does that make any sense? sorry that I can't explain it any better.

I never dynoed the car on regular 91 octane but I always mix alittle 100 octane unleaded fuel with 91 octane unleaded the car just runs alot smoother.

SeanPlunk 02-13-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman 04 srt4 (Post 15367)
Yes the turbo and manifold are one but the 02 housing is separate that part can be enlarged easily for better flow. the CHR can be removed for servicing as well. does that make any sense? sorry that I can't explain it any better.

I never dynoed the car on regular 91 octane but I always mix alittle 100 octane unleaded fuel with 91 octane unleaded the car just runs alot smoother.

Have you ever considered doing methanol injection? That's what my brother is using on his Turbo Buick. He'll be at the dyno day (as long as he fixes his power master in time) so you can check it out. Vettezuki also mixes Torco with his gas for a little extra octane.

fatman 04 srt4 02-13-2009 06:58 PM

I used methanol / water injection awhile back but I had problems with it killing my throttle position sensor and idle circuit solenoid .:mad:

SeanPlunk 02-13-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman 04 srt4 (Post 15370)
I used methanol / water injection awhile back but I had problems with it killing my throttle position sensor and idle circuit solenoid .:mad:

How strange :( I don't think the TurboBuicks/Grand Nationals have that problem. My brother did have a problem with an improper ground though and the pump kept shorting...

fatman 04 srt4 02-13-2009 07:06 PM

Maybe other people have had better luck than me.:huh:

Vettezuki 02-13-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 15381)
How strange :( I don't think the TurboBuicks/Grand Nationals have that problem. My brother did have a problem with an improper ground though and the pump kept shorting...

It was fine once wired correctly. Simply an installation problem.

SeanPlunk 02-13-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 15383)
It was fine once wired correctly. Simply an installation problem.

I think too much alcohol involved in the install - and not the alcohol in the tank :rolling:

fatman 04 srt4 02-13-2009 07:37 PM

:sm_laughing: I wish I saw more Turbo buicks running around on the street. That was the first turbo American car I really wanted and I still do.

SeanPlunk 02-14-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman 04 srt4 (Post 15385)
:sm_laughing: I wish I saw more Turbo buicks running around on the street. That was the first turbo American car I really wanted and I still do.

My brother too - he saw one and that was it. He's owned two now - his first one got stolen at the Brea mall :mad: