Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Thinking about getting a Powerstroke. Help! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39763)

Leedom 06-08-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 98422)
What does it matter if you're going to get it reupholstered in Seafoam anyway?

Shiiiitttt. How did you know? :gay:

SeanPlunk 06-08-2012 08:40 AM

What exterior colors are okay? Most of the whites have tan interiors...

SeanPlunk 06-08-2012 08:48 AM

Maybe.

SeanPlunk 06-08-2012 08:49 AM

This one is in Orange. How good are you at negotiating?

SeanPlunk 06-08-2012 08:51 AM

I'm looking at F350's and it really opens up the selection. What's the difference?

Another.
And more.
Another.
White with tan :(
Blue

Shaolin Crane 06-08-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 98416)
Exactly what the owner said. I am still pretty leery and leaning toward staying away..

His response to my e-mail:
I have not modified this truck since I bought it Feb 2010. When I bought it, it had no muffler and no catalytic converter. I have installed a cat, and it now passes Phoenix emissions with no problems. I have no idea what any previous owner might have done. It is much faster than I thought a big diesel truck should be.

A restored title means that at some point in the vehicle’s history, the title was classified as salvage. In the case of this truck, it is because it was stolen, then recovered. Since the insurance company had to pay the claim on it, the title was classified salvage. I bought it from a dealership after all of that. I had Arizona do a Level III inspection, and the paperwork states all of this. I find no evidence of collision damage anywhere. There is a small section of the lower left fender that got crinkled when the tire came apart on the freeway. All tires (including spare) were replaced after that.

if the truck is an auto it shouldnt have a cat at all. Sounds like he purchased it from the auto salvage place in AZ. Run the VIN and check the story, i personally have always wanted the gunmetal color to match the race car. Worse case scenario, i'll buy it from you later :) if you do buy it, make sure you remove the cat before titling in CA

Shaolin Crane 06-08-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 98436)
I'm looking at F350's and it really opens up the selection. What's the difference?

Another.
And more.
Another.
White with tan :(
Blue

towing capacity, rear end, and a great difference in insurance

SeanPlunk 06-08-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 98442)
towing capacity, rear end, and a great difference in insurance

Why would the insurance be a lot more expensive?

Leedom 06-08-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 98435)
This one is in Orange. How good are you at negotiating?

Long bed.:suicide:

Leedom 06-08-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 98434)

Do not want a big lifted truck.