Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   November 28th Santiago Canyon/Fuddruckers (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10418)

Madmax305 11-29-2009 09:30 AM

Sean, thanks for putting the Cruise together, I had a great time. As usual, the People and Cars were great. Wow, I really enjoyed seeing some of the old Muscle cars, that brought back memories from my high school days....

jedhead 11-29-2009 10:56 AM

I had a great time too. My suggestion is my favorite road. CA58 from Buttonwillow to San Luis Obisbo. Somewhat of a drive, but what a road. I take it everytime I travel to the bay area. Once when I was in a rental G37, I was in the middle of a Ferrari Club. They all pulled over to get everyone lined up. I go out and checked the cars out. The guy running the event told me that I could go around them and move on. I told him I will just pull over just ahead of them so I can listen to the Ferraris pass by.

Bob

SeanPlunk 11-29-2009 11:38 AM

Now I have to figure out what next:

-The LA Auto Show which we could attend on either the 5th, 6th, 12th, or 13th.
-Dyno Day at RET on the 12th ($40 for 3 pulls w/no A/F for anyone interested)
-Motorgen December Meet also on the 12th

What do you guys think? Opinions? We do the show in the morning on the 12th, then stop by the dyno day, and then do the meet, but that seems like a lot for one day...

BRIAN 11-29-2009 11:53 AM

Man I missed the cruise, I was sick as shit.

Dyno Day!!!!!!!

Vettezuki 11-29-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 38920)
. . . .We do the show in the morning on the 12th, then stop by the dyno day, and then do the meet, but that seems like a lot for one day...

Not even I would suggest trying to do three things in one day. :huh: That should be your hint. Two would be a good maximum. enkeivette is doing finals until the 15th, so I don't htink he could make a dyno day on the 12th, and it sure would be a hoot to get him on a dyno. So maybe the show and the meet? BTW, anything special going to debut at the show?

SeanPlunk 11-29-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 38927)
Not even I would suggest trying to do three things in one day. :huh: That should be your hint. Two would be a good maximum. enkeivette is doing finals until the 15th, so I don't htink he could make a dyno day on the 12th, and it sure would be a hoot to get him on a dyno. So maybe the show and the meet? BTW, anything special going to debut at the show?

It's not our dyno day, Greg is just having one and I was going to stop by on the way back from LA potentially. We don't have to or anything.

Vettezuki 11-29-2009 02:17 PM

Updated OP with link to vid.

Douglas Mariani 11-29-2009 07:04 PM

GREAT Video Ben :bigthumbsup:

Vettezuki 11-30-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Mariani (Post 38936)
GREAT Video Ben :bigthumbsup:

Thanks Doug. The music at the beginning is:

Doves - Some Cities

Great album! I used it just because it fired up on my CD when starting the car and it seemed like a nice way to segway and cut the first portion.

BTW, gotta love SoCal. Not only can you routinely run into a Lambo (around 2:15), I'm 99% sure the car I'm following from around 5:00" is a 70s era Aston Martin. Great day. The weather turned out beautiful.

ALIEN3T 11-30-2009 09:56 AM

Great cruise.
Thanks SeAN for posting on a MAZDA forum, or i wouldnt have seen it. Glad i did kids and i enjoyed it. I loved that there were people of all ages. everyone had great attitudes. No car hate going on. (that was Very classy to me right there). and just all good times and no child play.)