Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1988 Mustang GT "Max" Project freebox (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28546)

Shaolin Crane 08-09-2011 05:56 PM

Really at this point its whatever is in my price range, so its all a roll of the dice, whatever i can afford is what i'll get, no room to be picky

87LX 08-09-2011 05:59 PM

the cool thing about the eddy intake is that you can open the plate on the plenum and open the upper up. cant do that with a trick flow. depending on where your boost comes in along with your cam/gear choices a box style intake may not be a bad choice and they are dirt cheap. They are more geared for a standing 1/4 mile though. If she is going to try and follow you through a road course you may want to look for something with longer runners.

Shaolin Crane 08-09-2011 08:33 PM

Yeah same as on my rpm2, its gonna be a learner car, track, street, auto x, road course etc. So its gotta be a friendly intake, with an e303 it'll have excellent street manners and still have a pretty lethal power band once boost kicks in, plus a/c is nice. :)

Shaolin Crane 08-09-2011 11:30 PM

Started on the drivers side door jamb, the dent in the roof was worse than i thought, so i had to quench and shrink it to keep the dent from popping in and out, but for my first time, did pretty good.
Also removed the hatch and will remove the doors once i have somewhere to put them so i can work on them safely, and hopefully will have it primed this friday, then i can start blocking

Shaolin Crane 08-15-2011 04:04 PM

Well body is straight yet there is enough dents to slow down the process enough cause I'm not well versed in laying bondo and metal glaze. Its going well enough though as my body man stops by every few days to tell me what i did wrong, should be a week or so before the first layer of primer. Also stopped in for a view of the heads, still a work in progress but nevertheless look great so far.

Untouched ports

Pedestal mounts converted to stud mount

Shaolin Crane 08-18-2011 09:46 AM

Stopped by my machinest to order some rings and bearings and found 1 of the heads finished and shawn told me to get it out of his way(nicely).

Shaolin Crane 08-18-2011 09:51 AM

I have more detailed ones but it is difficult to post them on my phone.
They look great and would expect n/a with an e303 to make about 300rwhp. He cut .040 off the heads to bump compression to around 9.5:1. Which is fine for boost and wont be too lazy with the centri. Should be able to make 500rwhp easily

Shaolin Crane 08-18-2011 11:50 PM

Here are the others

Vettezuki 08-19-2011 02:38 AM

:popcorn:

94cobra69ss396 08-19-2011 07:24 AM

What size valves are those? Did you install new valves or are the ones that were already in the heads?