Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

Vettezuki 11-28-2012 06:06 PM

The sellers want a removal of contingency on our $10k deposit if we can't close by the 26th. That's tight in this lending market, especially with the quirks of the property that make most lenders balk. Might have to tell the sellers to go pound sand. I'm not about to fork of $10k for nothing for things out of my control.

Shaolin Crane 11-28-2012 06:08 PM

Who's your realtor?

Vettezuki 11-28-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 107644)
Who's your realtor?

Gene Levesque

He's family. I can recommend him categorically as an absolute straight shooter and a "go getter." He's working with us as both our buying agent in this deal and will be listing for us shortly as well. The rates are all fixed as a function of sale price. He has his own lending contacts.

Additionally, my "money guy" is former family (divorced out) who has decades of experience and access/knowledge to a wide range of lenders, including ones who specialize in goofy shit like this.

enkeivette 11-28-2012 10:23 PM

"Rates are a fixed function of sales price" is a nice way to say Im not doing it cheap, but its uncomfortable to negotiate with family.

Vettezuki 11-28-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 107653)
"Rates are a fixed function of sales price" is a nice way to say Im not doing it cheap, but its uncomfortable to negotiate with family.

That's not a coherent sentence, but I'll bottom line it for you. I don't negotiate for other people, particularly on big ticket professional services.

AFIK, Guy is looking to buy. Seller pays commission. A buying agent works to get the price down and hopes to get your business in the future to get your sale price up.

Real Estate, probably more than most anything I can think of is a fixed percentage commission and it's not so much in your interest to even bother trying to break them down from 3% for a variety of reasons. Don't like it, don't buy or sell through an agent. Or get your own license and undercut the market, or buy from "sale by owner" on your own. I think Redfin has a slightly discounted rate. Maybe there are others.

enkeivette 11-28-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 107653)

Ya it is, your quote is a cop out is all Im saying. But it doesnt matter, I didnt understand, I thought you were talking about selling your house.

Quote, is a nice way to say:

Im not doing it cheap (for free or at a lower commission)
but
I dont want to say that to you directly (or negotiate price details with family)

Ya?

Vettezuki 11-28-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 107659)
Ya it is, your quote is a cop out is all Im saying. But it doesnt matter, I didnt understand, I thought you were talking about selling your house.

Quote, is a nice way to say:

Im not doing it cheap (for free or at a lower commission)
but
I dont want to say that to you directly (or negotiate price details with family)

Ya?

- I'm not doing anything, it's not my work.
- I thought "I don't negotiate for other people was pretty clear."

enkeivette 11-29-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 107662)
- I'm not doing anything, it's not my work.
- I thought "I don't negotiate for other people was pretty clear."

No no, I meant thats what he was implying, not you. It was a confusing post, Ill retract it. Ha

Shaolin Crane 11-29-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 107656)
AFIK, Guy is looking to buy. Seller pays commission. A buying agent works to get the price down and hopes to get your business in the future to get your sale price up.

Only moderately withing hopefully the next 2-3 years. Sooner if i'm employed by an agency. My question was only out of curiosity to ensure you weren't using a stranger. My grandpa is a very successful realtor investor as well as having some other family that are realtors. Blood and martial arts family.

Vettezuki 11-29-2012 11:18 PM

First time for me to see this.