Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   93 GMC Typhoon (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31954)

Shaolin Crane 09-24-2012 09:41 AM

For now :)

Damian 09-24-2012 11:30 AM

It does, just need to take it to the Muffler Man this week and get the new downpipe done and the turbo to intercooler pipe made. I need to call him right now actually.

Goes in Wednesday, can't wait to actually drive this POS again. Which I'll need to get with Guy and do my AC.

Damian 09-26-2012 10:05 PM

My truck is in the hands of the Muffler Man, he is going to make me a happy person. He saw the turbo and said "that's a huge turbo.". A GT3788R isn't small by no means. Sounded awesome driving over there. Can't wait to hear it spooled up.

Shaolin Crane 09-26-2012 11:17 PM

I'm going to try and set some time aside to do your a/c and Ben's this weekend providing i have an adequate workspace to work on both your rides. This way I can save un-needed trips. I'm going to try and confirm with Ben, if I can remember to in the morning.

Damian 09-26-2012 11:28 PM

No major rush on mine, don't plan on driving it much to be honest. Can't break anything if I don't drive it.

Shaolin Crane 09-27-2012 12:05 AM

If I do both i'll plan a day to drive down. If I only have one to do then well, I can use thag time fore more productive things around here. Coordinate it with Ben if you want it done, if not then say the word and i'll schedule to pull the cobras motor this weekend.

Damian 09-27-2012 08:50 AM

Let me find out what the wife's schedule is like this weekend and I'll let you know. If she is off, I'll come up then.

Damian 10-01-2012 09:51 PM

I got the truck back today. Everything came out great except they forgot to put the O2 bung and O2 sensor back in, so it needs to go back in, no big deal. I need to check my valve lash and make sure all the plugs are getting spark tomorrow, idle is really rough. The turbo to interooler pipe looks great, had the BOV connection added on. The downpipe lookes great, full 3" downpipe and exhaust with the cat. Almost there.

Damian 10-02-2012 10:58 PM

Just got done putting the engine back together after adjusting the valves again. They were too tight. I only went 1/4 turn past 0 lash instead of 3/4 turn and it runs smooth as hell now. Going to the muffler shop tomorrow morning to get the O2 sensor installed and then let the fun begin!

I'm getting used to adjusting valves now.

Damian 10-03-2012 11:40 AM

Truck is done and runs great.

Leedom 10-03-2012 03:42 PM

That is great Damian! Congrats.

Damian 10-03-2012 04:49 PM

Thanks. The turbo doesn't really spool well at 7psi, so I upped it to 15psi, and that made a huge difference. I turned my boost controller off so I'm back at 7psi for awhile. I'll take some new pics here soon of the turbo and piping.

Damian 11-16-2012 04:11 PM

Well, motor is making a knocking noise again. Gonna go out in a bit and drain the oil and pull the oil filter off to see if there is any metal shavings in there. Everything was running great up until I cchanged the oil and a couple days later it started knocking here and there. I thought it was my water pump, but it still makes the noise with the belt off. So fuck me again. If I have to pull the motor again, Im either just gonna sell it as is or drop an LS1 with a 4L80E trans in there.The GT3788R would really kick ass with the LS1, and the prices have come down to a fairly reasonable price range.

Damian 11-18-2012 07:47 PM

Motor is gonna have to come out again, I'm so excited. Might just pick up a newer Vortech 4.3 and rebuild it. Heads flow a lot better than mine do ported. Probably won't start on it till next year.

Damian 04-05-2013 07:49 PM

Truck is almost back on the road again. Motor is fine, ended up being the 3 bolts on the cam gear came loose and one broke in half. Looks like I forgot to torque it down. I used blue lock tight this time as well. Got it all put back together today, took it to a smog shop and it passed this time. Went to DMV but it was packed beyond belief. Gonna make an appointment and then she will be back on the road. I have to fix the suspension, it sucks huge dirty balls. The Durango is much better than the Typhoon is.

Vettezuki 04-05-2013 10:57 PM

Three letters . . . AAA.

There's only a couple times I've been worried in a car when someone else is driving. Once was with Ron on the Adams truck because he's Fing mental, the other time was I was with you in the Typhoon and we hit maybe a 100mph on a swooping road. . . clearly the whim of the Gods had more to do with keeping that thing on the road than the suspension did.

Damian 04-06-2013 12:29 AM

:rolling:

I need to do the suspension and new tires as well. Brakes have been done already.

Damian 04-08-2013 03:04 PM

Typhoon is street legal once again. An hour and a half at DMV today, and I even got there before they opened, and I got my new Veteran plates and all. Already got the "okay" from the wife to fix my suspension as long as I "don't buy the est of everything", which I'd never do of course.

Damian 04-14-2013 11:01 PM

Finally ordering suspension parts. I have some 2" drop leaf springs on the way for the rear and Ill be ordering some AFCO single adjustable coilovers for the front as soon as the vendor gets back to me about payment options. Cant wait!

Damian 05-02-2013 05:59 PM

Shaolin Crane 05-03-2013 01:51 PM

Glad to see you didn't go with QA1