Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   joedls done blowed up (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49294)

joedls 11-21-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 124154)
How about a bolt in bar or a bar with swing outs?

Not for me. Not for this car. If I was going to go that route, I'd probably get a fox body and go all out.

joedls 12-06-2013 03:11 PM

May be going with a different blower.

94cobra69ss396 12-06-2013 03:16 PM

Someone else thinking of upgrading and you're going to buy theirs?

joedls 12-06-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 124679)
Someone else thinking of upgrading and you're going to buy theirs?

Yeah. They're going to do twin turbos.

BADDASSC6 12-07-2013 08:04 PM

I was actually interested in your opinion. I was originally set on going for one of the hellion turbo kits, but I'm leaning towards a 2.9L whipple now. I think it will be easier to get the whipple by emissions and it can be upgraded to the 4.0L if the funds for a built bottom end become available. What do you think?

joedls 12-08-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 124693)
I was actually interested in your opinion. I was originally set on going for one of the hellion turbo kits, but I'm leaning towards a 2.9L whipple now. I think it will be easier to get the whipple by emissions and it can be upgraded to the 4.0L if the funds for a built bottom end become available. What do you think?

I don't really know much about turbos. Never done one. I was going to at one time but then changed my mind. I do know that many people have had success with them.

Since you like to road-race more than drag race, I think I'd look into a centrifugal blower. But I love the instant torque of the positive displacement blowers.

BADDASSC6 12-08-2013 06:41 PM

I've been following your build and Nordy's "what up from the east coast" builds because I'm building the Mustang as a weekend cruiser / Friday Night Test and Tune car. It isn't going to see much road racing. It beats the shit out of the car too much. I think I'm leaning towards a 2.9L whipple with shorty headers, slip pipes and a cat back for power. Suspension wise I'm thinking of getting the obvious control arms and lower control arm relocation kit. A shifter, clutch, and drive shaft would close everything out. I will start on it as soon as the Vette is done with it's current batch of upgrades.

joedls 12-09-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 124704)
I've been following your build and Nordy's "what up from the east coast" builds because I'm building the Mustang as a weekend cruiser / Friday Night Test and Tune car. It isn't going to see much road racing. It beats the shit out of the car too much. I think I'm leaning towards a 2.9L whipple with shorty headers, slip pipes and a cat back for power. Suspension wise I'm thinking of getting the obvious control arms and lower control arm relocation kit. A shifter, clutch, and drive shaft would close everything out. I will start on it as soon as the Vette is done with it's current batch of upgrades.

I don't think you can go wrong with that Whipple. Honestly, I wasn't going to put any more money in this car but I got such a good deal on the Whipple that I couldn't pass it up.

joedls 01-10-2014 09:16 AM

Ended up not getting the Whipple. The deal I had didn't work out. I'm breaking the engine in right now. I'll take it back next week to get it dyno-tuned. I changed the look a little with 15" wheels and big tires out back and small tires in front.

94cobra69ss396 01-10-2014 09:23 AM

It looks good. How's it feel compared to before?