Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tickets and Accidents (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Failure to Display Tags (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19225)

Sonic03SVT 05-02-2011 04:39 PM

The only aesthetically pleasing place ive found to mount my front plates is on the wall in my garage. Never liked the way they looked, never used them, thus far *knock on wood* no tickets for it in 10 years.

heypal 05-18-2011 08:17 PM

LOL hey Aaron hows that working out for you?

SeanPlunk 05-18-2011 09:45 PM

LOL, ouch.

SeanPlunk 05-18-2011 10:41 PM

Maybe I should get one of these for cruises...

kdracer73 05-18-2011 10:42 PM

:sm_laughing::sm_laughing::sm_laughing::sm_laughin g::sm_laughing::sm_laughing::sm_laughing::sm_laugh ing::sm_laughing::sm_laughing::sm_laughing::sm_lau ghing::sm_laughing::sm_laughing::sm_laughing::sm_l aughing::sm_laughing::sm_laughing::sm_laughing::sm _laughing::sm_laughing::sm_laughing::sm_laughing:: sm_laughing::sm_laughing::sm_laughing::sm_laughing ::sm_laughing::sm_laughing::

jedhead 05-18-2011 11:45 PM

How about this:

http://www.topspeedlabs.com/product_...orsf8jb2mm08v6

Bob

Sonic03SVT 05-19-2011 12:52 AM

you know what the best part is?

Signed off the ticket, came, home, put it back in the garage.

Take that, CHP checkpoint.

Chuck 05-19-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedhead (Post 75270)

Thats sweet I would just hook it up to the accessory and when you start the car it comes out and when you turn it off it goes away. I like it.

Shaolin Crane 05-20-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 73857)
Are you in California?

The flip plate, swinging plate and other types of moveable plate mounts are illegal. So is placing the plate on the dashboard of the car since it is illegal to cover the plate with anything (like a windshield maybe) but on a safety note it's kind of dumb to place a piece of unsecured ALUMINUM on the dashboard of a car in any situation. If you've ever seen the inside of a street driven car after a collision, there is debris in there that you never would have thought would be an issue, no sense in adding to it. Besides, I sure would hate to be decapitated by my safety gear like the airbag on the passenger side.

I feel you guys for sure owning two Miatas, one with and one without front plates, I couldn't bear to go drilling into my car to keep LEO happy.

Slow down and think some and you can find a reasonable and still aesthetically pleasing solution.

No, I live in the republik of kommiefornia. Here's my view on front plates, if its not on my vehicle, I can't view it, exactly how I like it.

There are plenty of things we all have done to our vehicles that is illegal, I'm not going to stop tinting my windows either. Nor am I going to start caring how loud they are, I don't give a shit about plate location, illegal mounting options etc. In the long run its only illegal if you get caught.

No plate on my stang and it will stay like that

GL3 10-03-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 56883)
The ticket was left on her car in a parking lot. :mad:

placing on your windshield is improper service. Not required to have tags btw on private property. They may claim it is ok if all entrances to the property say CVC is enforced, but you can still win. By definition, code isn't law or it would be the California Motorvehicle Law, yet is says code. Code only applies to specific groups of people, not everybody, thus you need to ask how the vehicle code applies to you. CVC section 15210 subsection J,L or M, i don't recall exactly but it is way down there, says the definitions in the code apply unless there is a Federal definition. This means the CVC is servient to a federal definition and there must be a constitutional delagation of authority to compel. So how can the fed regulate in the state when we have states rights? i'll get to that shortly. The first thing i learned in law school is: know the definitions so you mean and understand each other. Therefore if you go to Title 18 USC (United States code) section 31, you find the federal definitions. Read the lower right hand corner back of your license. What is a motor vehicle? May not be what you were taught. It is defined as a self propelled device used to transport goods or persons for hire or engaged in commerce. If your weren't performing the above, you weren't in a motor vehicle. BTW the definition of a driver, is one that operates a motor vehicle, so if your weren't hauling goods or persons for hire, you weren't driving as it is a commercial term as is passenger car. Passenger car is a commercial term for one that hauls people for hire, which is typically a taxi or limo. By now you may realize the the CVC is for commerical drivers only. It gets authority by constitution from the commerce clause. On the other hand, you are exorcising your liberty to as stated in the constitution, traveling the nations highways and byways freely and unhindered. If they stop you, which is the same as arrest, just sounds more friendly, you may ask them why have you arrested me? If they say you aren't under arrest, ask am i being detained or am i free to leave. Always ask questions, don't argue, reason or make a statement as it is considered fighing and they they have authority over you.