Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1988 Mustang GT "Max" Project freebox (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28546)

94cobra69ss396 08-08-2011 07:17 AM

Looks good. Are you going to pull the dents or do you take it to someone?

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2011 07:23 AM

I'll pull the dents, there is nothing major, no frame damage and most of the dents are reachable from the other side, save for a few, but my paint guy is loaning me his studs welders so i'll be able to pull the difficult ones.

Still need to pick up some metal glaze, and some more mig wire and gas for my welder so i can fill the holes for the antenna and badges

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2011 04:47 PM

So today these came in, for a measly $125....
Accel 44# injectors, should supply plenty of fuel for my horsepower goals
also did some more body work

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2011 04:48 PM

Crap. Forgot to take pictures of the new work, oh well.

Shaolin Crane 08-08-2011 09:47 PM

Just need to finish the roof and rear deck lid, then i'll start on the jambs, which will probably take more time than the whole car did

94cobra69ss396 08-09-2011 07:25 AM

It's looking good. So what else do you need to finish the engine for this one?

Shaolin Crane 08-09-2011 08:27 AM

Well i lost that intake i originally intended on buying, let it slip through hands so i'll need an intake, e303 cam, 1 5/8" shorties, and a new timing chain. Heads are being ported currently so i'll need to have a cheap intake soon so he can match them. I just dont want a gt40 intake cause they are butt ugly. Other than that i'll need a crank pulley, mini race, intake tube, and various fuel system nic nacs to complete the supercharger. Im sure im forgetting a handful of items that will nickle and dime me.

87LX 08-09-2011 05:29 PM

I just skimmed through the thread, from what you are saying you want from the car a used eddy performer intake would likely be your best bet. It has great street manners and will pull past the the 5k mark. An upside is that you can have the upper ported as well as the lower and by the time you add boost it will likely outlast the stock block if you have it hogged out. A wratchet wrench will get you past the bolt in the plenum. I wouldnt let that sway you away from it.

Shaolin Crane 08-09-2011 05:38 PM

Its just an added inconvenience i dont want to deal with, if i can find a cheap trick flow intake i will, but right now the only choice seems to be the eddy. Whatever intake i do end up with will be ported by my builder, he's currently got the heads and will need the intake shortly, if i wasnt in the poor house from three mistresses I would probably have enough funds.

As far as the horsepower, I know that the car will make 500rwhp easily, 13-14psi, power cooler and an e303 will do it no issue. I'm pretty confident seeing as Ron's car makes 436rwhp with 11-12psi and no power cooler.

87LX 08-09-2011 05:48 PM

If you are looking for ease of install. Go with ppi or tfsr. The trickflow track/street intake has mounting points that are just as much of a bitch to get to.