Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

joedls 11-20-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 123790)
You're a sick fuck! :lmfao:

No, I didn't spar with him. I'd rather not have my brains rattled, thank you. Plus, he was preparing for a fight and I'm sure didn't want to spar with someone of my limited experience.

I'll leave all that "shit kicking" to you younger guys. I'm too old for that. I went 3 rounds with my trainer the other night and that just about killed me.

Here's a pic of what he did to Joey Beltran on Friday. Exactly why I wouldn't spar with him. He's a beast and has knocked out his sparring partners even though he doesn't mean to.

fiveohwblow 11-20-2013 02:59 PM

Looks normal

Shaolin Crane 11-24-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 123971)
You included Jackie Chan but omitted Bruce Lee. :picard:

And you don't spar with a pro boxer like that. They're not martial artists. They are martial artists plus a freight train. You don't play with someone like that, you get clipped and get brain damage.

Bruce Lee is dead, the others listed are not.

Shaolin Crane 11-24-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 124135)
Here's a pic of what he did to Joey Beltran on Friday. Exactly why I wouldn't spar with him. He's a beast and has knocked out his sparring partners even though he doesn't mean to.

Does not influence my desire to spar, I have been knocked out, many a times, expecting it not to happen is stupid.

Vettezuki 11-24-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 124285)
Does not influence my desire to spar, I have been knocked out, many a times, expecting it not to happen is stupid.

As long as I don't have to pay for your Depends when your brain gets scrambled beyond repair, knock yourself out. :jester: (See what I did there?)

joedls 11-24-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 124285)

I guess this is where we are different. You sound as if getting knocked out is something to be desired, a badge of honor. I think staying healthy is more important than feeding my ego. You say expecting to not get knocked out is stupid. I think doing something when you know it's highly likely you'll get knocked out, just for "fun", is stupid. Would I fight him if he were threatening me or my loved ones? Absolutely. Without hesitation. But for "fun". Not a chance.

Shaolin Crane 11-24-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 124289)
I guess this is where we are different. You sound as if getting knocked out is something to be desired, a badge of honor. I think staying healthy is more important than feeding my ego. You say expecting to not get knocked out is stupid. I think doing something when you know it's highly likely you'll get knocked out, just for "fun", is stupid. Would I fight him if he were threatening me or my loved ones? Absolutely. Without hesitation. But for "fun". Not a chance.

No, i'm saying that every time I put on gloves and fight, I expect the worst, I could get knocked out, I could die, break something etc. Remember this is also my job, so I have a different feeling going in. Do I want to get hurt? No, is it the end of the world if I do? No.

fiveohwblow 11-25-2013 03:47 PM

I'll hurt anyone IRL

joedls 11-26-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 124300)
No, i'm saying that every time I put on gloves and fight, I expect the worst, I could get knocked out, I could die, break something etc. Remember this is also my job, so I have a different feeling going in. Do I want to get hurt? No, is it the end of the world if I do? No.

OK. So, if I'm understanding you ( which is entirely possible that I'm not, because I'm not the brightest guy), you're telling me that you expect to get knocked out or possibly die when you spar and you do that for fun? Yeah, OK. But not me.

And I never said that getting hurt is the end of the world. Just that I try to avoid getting hurt if possible. And I sure don't go looking to get hurt for fun.

joedls 11-28-2013 04:23 AM

Shaolin Crane 11-30-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 124376)
OK. So, if I'm understanding you ( which is entirely possible that I'm not, because I'm not the brightest guy), you're telling me that you expect to get knocked out or possibly die when you spar and you do that for fun? Yeah, OK. But not me.

And I never said that getting hurt is the end of the world. Just that I try to avoid getting hurt if possible. And I sure don't go looking to get hurt for fun.

Anything we do, there is a possibility of a negative outcome, racing, fighting, training etc. It sounds bad, but you have to agree that the thrilling things we do can end badly, I could burn to death in a car at the track, drop a barbell on my neck at the gym etc.

I had a lengthy post trying to explain, but 99% of people won't understand it. Martial arts is my passion, my profession and i'll leave it at that.

joedls 12-02-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 124451)
Anything we do, there is a possibility of a negative outcome, racing, fighting, training etc. It sounds bad, but you have to agree that the thrilling things we do can end badly, I could burn to death in a car at the track, drop a barbell on my neck at the gym etc.

I had a lengthy post trying to explain, but 99% of people won't understand it. Martial arts is my passion, my profession and i'll leave it at that.

There's a possibility you will get hit by a car crossing the street. That doesn't mean I go walk out in front of cars on purpose.

And I don't buy that 99% of people won't understand. I can understand without agreeing.

enkeivette 01-02-2014 08:20 AM

Hi cunts :)

Vettezuki 01-02-2014 03:39 PM

Uh. Hello?

enkeivette 01-02-2014 08:56 PM

I question your ?

kdracer73 01-02-2014 10:42 PM

Thanks Enkei, we can always count on you for a uplifting, Happy New Year, positive messege .

enkeivette 01-04-2014 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 125484)
Thanks Enkei, we can always count on you for a uplifting, Happy New Year, positive messege .

Hahaha

enkeivette 01-04-2014 07:28 AM

Where's the masochist?

fiveohwblow 01-04-2014 07:50 PM

Secretly watching from afar me thinks

joedls 01-15-2014 01:42 PM

Just had a hydrostatic body composition analysis done (basically a dunk test to determine body fat). I've gone from ~35% body fat in June 2012 to just under 14% today (13.77% to be exact).

Time to get a steak!

fiveohwblow 01-15-2014 01:56 PM

Impressive

Vettezuki 01-17-2014 01:11 AM

Getting ready for work yesterday morning, I found one of my pet Chinchillas dead. He was apparently ok the night before, I have no idea what happened. I'm much better dealing with this kind of stuff than I used to be (for reasons I'll pass on here), but it's a reminder that life is temporary for all living things, and while there are typical or expected patterns, there are no guarantees other than an end. Nothing to be super anxious about, it just is, but it's still a reminder to enjoy life and your connections in it and to be careful about the kinds of things you put off.

enkeivette 01-28-2014 10:51 PM

Im in nor cal for a trial... Motel 6 now has wall mounted flat panels, hardwood floors, a corner couch, cutesy shit on the walls... But no hair dryer and no shampoo. :I Good idea?

enkeivette 01-28-2014 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 126006)
Just had a hydrostatic body composition analysis done (basically a dunk test to determine body fat). I've gone from ~35% body fat in June 2012 to just under 14% today (13.77% to be exact).

Time to get a steak!

:beer:

enkeivette 01-28-2014 10:56 PM

Vince Vaugh, funny or annoying? IMnot-soHO spouting off a monologue really fast using moderately big words and moderate wit, to dominate the conversation, is not impressive or funny. Its annoying. So STFU Vince.

fiveohwblow 01-29-2014 08:07 AM

I find him quite hilarious.

enkeivette 01-29-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveohwblow (Post 126398)
I find him quite hilarious.

Well maybe you find him hilarious because you were beaten or sexually molested as a child and you have some deep routed childhood desire or subconscious need to have large men cover over you and go on and on spouting out barely comprehensible sentences with no pause and little point to the structure or even the message behind the sentence, I dont know maybe you were kicked in the head by Guy at a young age which caused you to suffer severe brain damage and now because of that you think run on sentences and virtually non-sensical jargon is funny, I dont know, is any of this hitting home with you? Or maybe I should just keep talking going on and on and on until you become dumbfounded and convinced that Im intelligent just because you cant keep up with my rigorous and annoying long monologues, maybe youre just a victim of being raised during a generational period where childrens minds could not fully develop because theyve been constantly brain fucked by computers and video games and all forms of electronic mass media and have become unable to think for themselves and when anyone cowers over you and spouts off language in such a fashion you think that its some how impressive and dominating to the listener and therefore funny? I dont know guy I dont know whats in your head, but thats money... Thats money.

Vettezuki 01-29-2014 12:58 PM

I don't think that's really fair. His "rant" performances bother you, but that's not all he does for Christ's sake.

94cobra69ss396 02-21-2014 04:08 PM

Parked next to a stock height Explorer today.

Vettezuki 02-28-2014 01:12 AM

When the GT-R first came out, I didn't particularly care for its styling. Kind of R-34 man myself. But it's really grown on me. It's a good looking car. I'd really like to drive one some day, to see if the common criticism of being a bit numb holds for me. One thing I love about my old Vette is that is, for lack of a better word, very "involving".

Shaolin Crane 02-28-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 127419)
When the GT-R first came out, I didn't particularly care for its styling. Kind of R-34 man myself. But it's really grown on me. It's a good looking car. I'd really like to drive one some day, to see if the common criticism of being a bit numb holds for me. One thing I love about my old Vette is that is, for lack of a better word, very "involving".

Very numb, like driving a truck kinda. But still a fucking hoot.

Vettezuki 10-10-2014 09:49 PM

Well, we'll see how it goes, but I have another property in my sites. This is a mamooth, basically unheard of in SoCal anywhere near OC/LA and affordable to the middle class. It's in off a dirt road by a couple miles, but that ain't no thing, and the house is tired, but not destroyed. It is however, 67 (yes 67, not 6.7) acres, with some pretty nice views.

Have to trade the pratically new xD for the upcoming Jeep Renegade for my wife, so she can safely and comfortably handle that road. I'll MadMax the Protege. Lol.

94cobra69ss396 10-11-2014 09:06 AM

I hope this one works out for you Ben. How far is it from your work sites? Phil has been looking for a place like this too. Well not 67 acres but he want a place with at least a couple acres that he can build a work shed on.

blackax 10-11-2014 06:00 PM

Good luck on the new place ben

I just bought a new car (new to me)

2011 chevy volt, only had 15,000 miles

Vettezuki 10-12-2014 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 134125)
I hope this one works out for you Ben. How far is it from your work sites? Phil has been looking for a place like this too. Well not 67 acres but he want a place with at least a couple acres that he can build a work shed on.

The commute would be nasty, 46 miles each way, including 2.5 miles on a dirt road.

The whole area south and south east of lake matthews, a lot of which (like this) is unincorporated Riverside county has a number of properties in the couple acre range, houses in decent condition, on actual roads and stuff for < 400k. Wood Crest, which is a relatively nice horse area is up Van Burn but pretty close to the 91 and has nice houses and properties up to around 5 acres around $500k +- $50k.

What'd you pay for the Volt John? If I do this, eventually I need something with as many mpg as possible. The RAV EV would be perfect(ish) except for the $50k starting price. LOL.

blackax 10-12-2014 10:03 PM

its was 20K, I found out I can charge at work so it saves me alot of money

Shaolin Crane 10-12-2014 11:15 PM

Since the SSE Exemption has been stopped, I bought a few of these.

Vettezuki 10-13-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 134139)
its was 20K, I found out I can charge at work so it saves me alot of money

They're putting in more free charging here too, that's why I wondered.

Shaolin Crane 11-03-2014 10:04 AM

Did everyone die?

94cobra69ss396 11-03-2014 10:41 AM

I think so. It has been really slow. I know I've been really busy with work. We need to get this site going again.

Things I have on the burner.

The Cobra - it's currently down with the heads pulled. I'm porting them right now but I just used my last cartridge roll and need to pick some more up. The issue is that Grainger doesn't have them in stock anymore. The last time I bought some was about 18-20 years ago and I think I bought about 15 of them and I just used the last one. I want to pick up 5 or 6 (around $3.00) but to have them shipped to my house they want $11 which I don't want to pay. Luckily my neighbors brother works for Grainger and he's going to see if he can get them for me. If not I'll just pay the $11 but I hope not. Once I get those I can finish porting them and the I'll order the valve seals, keepers and head gaskets so I can put it back together.

The Chevelle - since the Cobra is down I haven't been able to pick up anything for the Chevelle to fix the trans. It will be a slow build of the trans.

The F100 - I've been working on the hood now and then trying to get all the rust off the under portion.

The Explorer - it's been running great and I finally got to take a wheeling out at Truck Haven this last weekend. It was an Explorer event and should have magazine coverage but we'll see. The official run we did on Saturday was way too easy and I did the whole thing in 2wd. Later that day I went out with some of the guys and did some harder stuff. I managed not to break an axle which is good. I carry a spare with me just because I've broken 4. I think I have the frontend set up better now so hopefully I won't break any more. I did manage to break the passenger side mirror by leaning into a wall while climbing up a stepped hill. I replaced it though because I also have spare mirrors. I picked up a couple from P-A-P just because I've broken a couple. I also have spare tail lights.