Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

Shaolin Crane 11-11-2012 09:14 PM

I found THE truck. Going down to pick it up ASAP 3600

fiveohwblow 11-11-2012 09:20 PM

Nice!

Vettezuki 11-11-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106666)
I found THE truck. Going down to pick it up ASAP 3600

Like a boss.

Vettezuki 11-11-2012 10:27 PM

So we're in competition on the property we're after. We were the first with an offer in, which helps, and it was certainly a decent offer, but if the Buddhists come in with a cash offer for the asking price we're toast. Little nervous. Really want this place, but I'm not going to do something stupid to get it.

Shaolin Crane 11-12-2012 09:48 AM

Buyer accepted my offer of 3200. He's in SD/Calexico so my buddy is going to look at it for me, if it checks out. I will have a new truck tomorrow.

Shaolin Crane 11-12-2012 12:10 PM

So i'm starting to think I'm not gonna get the truck, the guy barely speaks english so I had to speak to his wife. He's been difficult to set up a time and a place to have the truck looked at and she said she'd call back 3 hours ago with the VIN. I R sad, really liked that truck.

Vettezuki 11-12-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106713)
So i'm starting to think I'm not gonna get the truck, the guy barely speaks english so I had to speak to his wife. He's been difficult to set up a time and a place to have the truck looked at and she said she'd call back 3 hours ago with the VIN. I R sad, really liked that truck.

Could just be flaky and the truck still a good find. Who knows. But understand getting frustrated and hitting eject when other parties drag their feet much.

In other news, the owners of that property came back with a counter offer. We are in the front running.

Shaolin Crane 11-12-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 106739)
Could just be flaky and the truck still a good find. Who knows. But understand getting frustrated and hitting eject when other parties drag their feet much.

In other news, the owners of that property came back with a counter offer. We are in the front running.

I finally got a hold of him, a buddy is going to look at it for me tomorrow. I think he was using a translator program and thats why his emails were all exactly 16min apart.

Nice job on the property, i'm liquidating whatever payments I have in the hopes of a home soon.

Vettezuki 11-12-2012 08:58 PM

As far as I can tell, this market is a combination of cheapest houses/property and cheapest money we're likely to see. I can also say the market seems to be moving, houses are starting to sell (banks are constraining supply heavily). I don't know how long the window will be open and I don't have a crystal ball, but I do think that if anyone has a hankering to get a place, and they even sort of have the means, I don't think it's going to get much better. JMO.

Shaolin Crane 11-12-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 106742)
As far as I can tell, this market is a combination of cheapest houses/property and cheapest money we're likely to see. I can also say the market seems to be moving, houses are starting to sell (banks are constraining supply heavily). I don't know how long the window will be open and I don't have a crystal ball, but I do think that if anyone has a hankering to get a place, and they even sort of have the means, I don't think it's going to get much better. JMO.

I agree, I did the math and I likely can afford an 80-100k house. Not a large window, but there are a few places out by Ron that fit the bill. Nothing near Covina unfortunately