Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

Vettezuki 09-02-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 120837)
. . . Frankly I'm fucking tired of your holier than though attitude

Note his title. .

Quote:

I build my shit, race my shit . . .
Carlos is a show me the money kind of guy.

Shaolin Crane 09-02-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 120841)
Note his title. .

Carlos is a show me the money kind of guy.

Moved because it was fucking up my thread.

My build threads can't be any more of "show me the money" Since I do majority of the work and ALWAYS show gratitude where it's due. I guess every time I work on a car I'll make a thread about it to appease Carlos :rolleyes:

Either way i'm done with it, I was always humble with light razzing and NEVER made claims. I even, on more than one occasion offered to have all three of us drive the gray car for a true driver comparison and have always given credit to Ron and Carlos as better drivers. I don't post to brag, I post to have a record of what was done and when.

Carlos, Since you insist on my mustangs being crap, and my car being built by google don't worry about driving it. I'd hate to disgust you in any way.

Vettezuki 09-02-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 120842)

My build threads can't be any more of "show me the money"

Bluntly, he means timing and scoring race data as soon as anyone starts talking about racing. If you say, "race my shit" it doesn't mean much to him without data backup because it largely eliminates opinions. (Though race drivers are gifted at explaining why they weren't as fast as they "might" have been. :))

blackax 09-02-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 120840)
Shit happens, things could be worse. I'm not injured.

Do you know why the tire went? And glad to hear you are ok.

fiveohwblow 09-02-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 120843)
Bluntly, he means timing and scoring race data as soon as anyone starts talking about racing. If you say, "race my shit" it doesn't mean much to him without data backup because it largely eliminates opinions. (Though race drivers are gifted at explaining why they weren't as fast as they "might" have been. :))

I don't know if you know this or not, but his car isn't running yet.... Quite practically impossible. I think it was hypothetical for the future. Pretty easy for me to interpret.

Shaolin Crane 09-02-2013 01:08 AM

Don't care, in fact I'll never post anything about horsepower numbers, track times, or even events. If he wants to know he can ask by word of mouth. I will make sure that my posts are documentive for records sake and everything else will be blatant trolling as usual. I've also placed him on my ignore list.

Now that i have said that. I miss vegasVegas and want to go back

Shaolin Crane 09-02-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 120844)
Do you know why the tire went? And glad to hear you are ok.

Nope, plenty of tread, checked the tire pressure this week in the event I had to use it for Vegas. My luck I guess, let's hope insurance covers it.

Vettezuki 09-02-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveohwblow (Post 120845)
I don't know if you know this or not, but his car isn't running yet.... Quite practically impossible. I think it was hypothetical for the future. Pretty easy for me to interpret.

I don't want to make this more than it is, but only pointing out where the things people say get interpreted and read differently. Guy mentioned build AND RACE his stuff in general terms, and has before. Racing means something very specific, quasi-religious to Carlos. :jester:

Shaolin Crane 09-02-2013 01:16 AM

I'm sick of talking about it. I like this forum and there is a reason I post here, but if it becomes to me what the other forums have, I have no issue letting it go. I certainly don't need the internet to keep in touch with people here, I have a phone for that.

fiveohwblow 09-02-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 120846)
Don't care, in fact I'll never post anything about horsepower numbers, track times, or even events. If he wants to know he can ask by word of mouth. I will make sure that my posts are documentive for records sake and everything else will be blatant trolling as usual. I've also placed him on my ignore list.

Now that i have said that. I miss vegasVegas and want to go back

As do I friend.

Vettezuki 09-02-2013 01:30 AM

Let's talk about cats.

Shaolin Crane 09-02-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveohwblow (Post 120850)
As do I friend.

If I can control my mouth, I may have a reason to go every weekend :crutches:

fiveohwblow 09-02-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 120852)
If I can control my mouth, I may have a reason to go every weekend :crutches:

LMFAO if I lived there I would

Shaolin Crane 09-02-2013 02:02 AM

Need wingman. Not shuffleman

fiveohwblow 09-02-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 120854)
Need wingman. Not shuffleman

Gfy

enkeivette 09-02-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 120840)
Shit happens, things could be worse. I'm not injured.

Very true. My ex asked me if Id be mad at her if she wrecked my Vette. I said Id be sad, but not mad at her if it was an accident. Id just build another one.

enkeivette 09-02-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

I was always humble...

Hahahahahahahahaha!! :P

Quote:

I don't post to brag...

:leaving:

94cobra69ss396 09-02-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 120827)
I matched Rons time at the roval in my stock 5.0. Between the NT05s and the Vortech I think it's safe to say he had an advantage. We will be going to the track at some point. I have taken a lot of weight out of the car, added massive brakes, aero and a lot of cooling. I'm going hard with NASA in spring.

I know Guy's done with this but I'm not. First, the Cobra made 429rwhp and 387rwtq on the pump gas tune I was running. It made 471rwhp on the race tune but I could only run it on the pump gas tune or it would detonate. I also had to run straight VP110 with the pump gas tune. Second, I was running 245/45/17 NT01s all the way around so I did have a tire advantage but I was also running with me and a passenger and we were both over 200 lbs back then. My car weighed just under 3900lbs. Lastly, as Ben mentioned my rear brakes were not working so I was running on just front brakes and you know how important braking is on the Roval. Let's see what kind of time you run without your rear brakes in your Mustang. Speaking of your times, when did you match my 2:02? I pulled up the Sunday that you said you ran your Mustang with Speed Ventures (the day after you broke your Vette) and I see a 2:03 as your fastest.

So technically you are just a little slower than a '94 Cobra without rear brakes. Once I get new tires, the methanol kit, brakes and can afford (I have a morgage and family to support so extra money is hard to come by on my income) to go run the Roval I will be going back. I know I will be running faster than my old 2:02.

Shaolin Crane 09-02-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 120857)
Hahahahahahahahaha!! :P

:leaving:

It's true. I've never bragged about anything. Sure, I give you shit, because, I can. and troll quite a bit, At the end of the day though, have I ever been an asshole when you sent me a text or asked me a question? Nope,

Shaolin Crane 09-02-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 120856)
Very true. My ex asked me if Id be mad at her if she wrecked my Vette. I said Id be sad, but not mad at her if it was an accident. Id just build another one.

I told my ex the same thing, the blue car was supposed to be hers, if she wrecked it, no big deal. Just fix it and rag on it again. Easy to replace cars, people not so much.

94cobra69ss396 09-02-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 120851)
Let's talk about cats.

Okay, this is ours.

enkeivette 09-02-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 120873)
It's true. I've never bragged about anything. Sure, I give you shit, because, I can. and troll quite a bit, At the end of the day though, have I ever been an asshole when you sent me a text or asked me a question? Nope,

True true. But dude, you have to admit, and I think Justin would have my back on this one, humble is not a word anyone would use to describe your self-confidence :P

enkeivette 09-02-2013 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 929

Nives, the dog trapped in a cats body, licking his balls.

BADDASSC6 09-02-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 120869)
I know Guy's done with this but I'm not. First, the Cobra made 429rwhp and 387rwtq on the pump gas tune I was running. It made 471rwhp on the race tune but I could only run it on the pump gas tune or it would detonate. I also had to run straight VP110 with the pump gas tune. Second, I was running 245/45/17 NT01s all the way around so I did have a tire advantage but I was also running with me and a passenger and we were both over 200 lbs back then. My car weighed just under 3900lbs. Lastly, as Ben mentioned my rear brakes were not working so I was running on just front brakes and you know how important braking is on the Roval. Let's see what kind of time you run without your rear brakes in your Mustang. Speaking of your times, when did you match my 2:02? I pulled up the Sunday that you said you ran your Mustang with Speed Ventures (the day after you broke your Vette) and I see a 2:03 as your fastest.

So technically you are just a little slower than a '94 Cobra without rear brakes. Once I get new tires, the methanol kit, brakes and can afford (I have a morgage and family to support so extra money is hard to come by on my income) to go run the Roval I will be going back. I know I will be running faster than my old 2:02.

Ron, I had a passenger the entire time he's a big dude like me 220-250. Not having rear brakes is me dragging you with a street tire, just an excuse. I'm checking the results because you only posted on session. The Vette didn't brake I put it away because I flat spotted the tires and it was hazardous. It's working now. It's still going to be faster than you Mustang.

BADDASSC6 09-02-2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 120869)

SOrry missed the last part. Let me know when you are ready. I will either bring the vette or the stang whichever makes you happy.

BADDASSC6 09-02-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

My build threads can't be any more of "show me the money" Since I do majority of the work and ALWAYS show gratitude where it's due. I guess every time I work on a car I'll make a thread about it to appease Carlos :rolleyes:

Either way i'm done with it, I was always humble with light razzing and NEVER made claims. I even, on more than one occasion offered to have all three of us drive the gray car for a true driver comparison and have always given credit to Ron and Carlos as better drivers. I don't post to brag, I post to have a record of what was done and when.

Carlos, Since you insist on my mustangs being crap, and my car being built by google don't worry about driving it. I'd hate to disgust you in any way.

You should think before you type and get a grip on you emotions. I did know you moved this thread here until Ben told me. You have a lot of big opinions that you don't mind sharing. If I think you full of shit I will let you know it. Trust me I have been sugar coating it.

I don't think that google built your car. I have never said that. I think that you quote a lot of shit on the internet about performance and handling like it fact. How are you going to tell me the difference in handling between two cars (Mustang and Corvette) that I own and have driven at the track? Because you saw some shit on youtube doesn't mean shit.

I take money out of my checking account every month to pay Ford for a Mustang that I ordered just the way I wanted it. It's money that I could use for other things including my vette because I wanted another Mustang. No typo, another Mustang. Second time down the Mustang road for this guy. Your "Carlos hates Mustangs" theory is generated to discredit anything I have to say about the Mustang that is not positive.

I don't know why you would think that I wanted to drive your car. I think I will survive not having the honor. Please enjoy it, you worked hard for it.

Shaolin Crane 09-02-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 120888)
You should think before you type and get a grip on you emotions. I did know you moved this thread here until Ben told me. You have a lot of big opinions that you don't mind sharing. If I think you full of shit I will let you know it. Trust me I have been sugar coating it.

I don't think that google built your car. I have never said that. I think that you quote a lot of shit on the internet about performance and handling like it fact. How are you going to tell me the difference in handling between two cars (Mustang and Corvette) that I own and have driven at the track? Because you saw some shit on youtube doesn't mean shit.

I take money out of my checking account every month to pay Ford for a Mustang that I ordered just the way I wanted it. It's money that I could use for other things including my vette because I wanted another Mustang. No typo, another Mustang. Second time down the Mustang road for this guy. Your "Carlos hates Mustangs" theory is generated to discredit anything I have to say about the Mustang that is not positive.

I don't know why you would think that I wanted to drive your car. I think I will survive not having the honor. Please enjoy it, you worked hard for it.

My emotions are fine, and my response was limited. Don't sugar coat things, we're all adults here and shit like that is annoying

I'd love to watch youtube as much as you make it out to be that I do, but being home for about 4-5 hours a day, total, doesn't leave me with much time for anything other than sleeping.

We could spend weeks nit picking each others responses, and while it's tempting, This is the last of it, i'm going to go back into my room, watch a bunch of you tube videos, play some forza, and pay someone to finish my car, if it gets brought up again I will move it all to the drunken brawl.

94cobra69ss396 09-02-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 120885)
Ron, I had a passenger the entire time he's a big dude like me 220-250. Not having rear brakes is me dragging you with a street tire, just an excuse. I'm checking the results because you only posted on session. The Vette didn't brake I put it away because I flat spotted the tires and it was hazardous. It's working now. It's still going to be faster than you Mustang.

I know your Corvette is faster than my Cobra on a road course, I never said it wasn't. That would be like you trying to say your Corvette could beat the Chevelle on the dragstrip. You have way more done to your Vette than I do to the Cobra. All the Cobra really has is a PHB and a set of lower control arms. Other than that it's pretty much stock. The issue I have is that you said that you could beat me in my Cobra and Guy in his Mustang (you never said which one of his Mustangs) in your Mustang because you are so much better of a driver than we are. I know you think so but I have to disagree. I've never had a driving lesson but my brother did when he went through the CHP academy. He was also the best driver in his class and when it comes to times Phil and I are very close in anything we drive. Here's a video of us both running the Cobra at a Speed Venture autocross. I ran a 37.46 and Phil ran a 37.54.

BADDASSC6 09-02-2013 05:33 PM

Let me clarify. If I bring my Mustang out to play it will be ready.

Shaolin Crane 09-03-2013 01:20 AM

Seriously now? I had a blowout on the same side with the spare tire, fucked the side of the truck even more. Had it towed to the body shop to see the verdict

94cobra69ss396 09-03-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 120893)
Let me clarify. If I bring my Mustang out to play it will be ready.

Wait, so proving you are a better driver than me by beating me in my Cobra with your stock Mustang is no longer the case? What are your plans for it then? You already said you added big brakes and since I have stock brakes you will have a braking advantage but then again according to you brakes are just an excuse. What else do you have planned for it?

Vettezuki 09-03-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 120915)
Wait, so proving you are a better driver than me by beating me in my Cobra with your stock Mustang is no longer the case? What are your plans for it then? You already said you added big brakes and since I have stock brakes you will have a braking advantage but then again according to you brakes are just an excuse. What else do you have planned for it?

If the intent is to isolate driver, it has to be the same car, same track, same conditions. Other than that is kind of silly, too many "buts". An option is to swap cars, so each drive your own AND the other's car. With timing and scoring data, the picture would be pretty clear.

94cobra69ss396 09-03-2013 09:57 AM

No offense to Carlos but with how he drives on the rev limiter I wouldn't want him driving the Cobra. I drive it hard but I don't over run the engine. My rev limiter is set to the factory 6250 and I shift it at 5800-6000. Just watch the video of me and Phil running the Cobra on the autocross and you can hear how much easier I am on the engine than even Phil is and he never hit the rev limiter.

Vettezuki 09-03-2013 10:55 AM

Fair point. I only mean to say that if the driver is not isolated/controlled for as a parameter, there won't be any "conclusion".

94cobra69ss396 09-03-2013 11:22 AM

I agree but he did say that he could beat us in his stock Mustang and now has plans to change it. That would have been like him saying he could beat the Cobra in a drag race in his Vette back when we raced and then changed to a drag race suspension and tubed his Vette for the race.

Shaolin Crane 09-03-2013 01:25 PM

So I just got a call from the body shop. It's 90% certain the truck is totalled. KBB Shows value of 8000-8500 for that truck.

Checked values for a 1999-2000 f250 and they are only 6500-8500.

Checked value for my 08, its 12000-13000.

So here's my quandry, use the money to buy another 99-00 Superduty and call it a day. Cheap insurance, cheap registration, cheap smog, done and paid for. Continue trying to sell the 08, or give it away at a loss.

Use money to fix the 08, justify the truck payment, still owe 7k but have a new truck basically, new trans and engine.

Buy another 97 Powerstroke.

Vettezuki 09-03-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 120946)
So I just got a call from the body shop. It's 90% certain the truck is totalled. KBB Shows value of 8000-8500 for that truck.

Checked values for a 1999-2000 f250 and they are only 6500-8500.

Checked value for my 08, its 12000-13000.

So here's my quandry, use the money to buy another 99-00 Superduty and call it a day. Cheap insurance, cheap registration, cheap smog, done and paid for. Continue trying to sell the 08, or give it away at a loss.

Use money to fix the 08, justify the truck payment, still owe 7k but have a new truck basically, new trans and engine.

Buy another 97 Powerstroke.

If you're fundamentally trying to build ahead to buying a house and stuff like that, then all decisions need to be oriented towards accumulating money. (That's the opposite of spending.)

I'd opt for another 99-00 SuperDuty free and clear. I'd seriously consider just giving the 08 away, just to get it out of your hair.

That must have been the biggest cluster fuck blowout of all time. I had a tire completely self-destroy in the loaded Dodge on the trip to Milwaukee, nothing other than the tire was hurt.

Shaolin Crane 09-03-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 120949)
If you're fundamentally trying to build ahead to buying a house and stuff like that, then all decisions need to be oriented towards accumulating money. (That's the opposite of spending.)

I'd opt for another 99-00 SuperDuty free and clear. I'd seriously consider just giving the 08 away, just to get it out of your hair.

That must have been the biggest cluster fuck blowout of all time. I had a tire completely self-destroy in the loaded Dodge on the trip to Milwaukee, nothing other than the tire was hurt.

Well, two tires in a row didnt help, the entire bed is bent inward. Hard to close the tail gate and now it hangs about 2" off the passenger side of the truck.

I'm leaning towards the Superduty as well. I'm thinking of dropping the 08 to what I owe and letting it go. If they give me the worth, and my mods back then i'll do that. It would be nice to be free and clear again, minus the small loan I took out, but that can be paid quickly.

BADDASSC6 09-03-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 120915)

Frist, the Mustang is 100% factory stock including the brakes. I only took the air pressure down and it had the factory alignment.

Second, I think I am a better driver than you are at the Roval. I'm sure if we went to the bullshit Adams track you would be faster since I have never driven it. I think it's a little ridicoulous to think I wouldn't be faster based on the fast that I have been there a whole bunch of times. I wouldn't have thought you to be the kind of person to think you have mastered a track after ONE DAY.

WHat difference does it make what my Stang has done to it. It's stock now. The roval is open this weekend. But you are at a disadvantage because you're 500+rwhp (460 rwhp is what you told me it made when we raced) doesn't have meth, tires, brakes...............

Roval is open this weekend

BADDASSC6 09-03-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 120928)
No offense to Carlos but with how he drives on the rev limiter I wouldn't want him driving the Cobra. I drive it hard but I don't over run the engine. My rev limiter is set to the factory 6250 and I shift it at 5800-6000. Just watch the video of me and Phil running the Cobra on the autocross and you can hear how much easier I am on the engine than even Phil is and he never hit the rev limiter.

Hmm, so I'm not one of the guys claiming that his race car is a DD so I drive it about as hard as it can be driven. That's why I have a big truck and a trailer. My ls2 lasted 3 years of racing just about every month like that. It was actually killed by heat. I shifted it at 7200.