Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Old (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Project Management - The Lemon Fox (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32860)

Vettezuki 03-31-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 112902)
I'm not sure yet because I'm supposed to help Adam's dad start the engine swap on on his Mach the weekend of the 13th. I don't know how long that will take us but I'm hoping it will only be a couple weekends. I also have to install a new cam in the Cobra and then get the tune finished. I'm going to do that during the week after work while were doing the Mach if I can. Those are the only projects that I have scheduled so I'll keep you updated and we should be able to schedule the Lemon Fox after the Mach is done.

Keep us posted. My only general concern is to get to it before the super hot moths and to keep some minimum of progress on these cars. :)

BADDASSC6 04-03-2013 08:58 AM

So, is this thing dead yet? It kinda feels like it. Last time any progress was made was this time last year. I want to pulse the group to see where we are trying to take this thing.

blackax 04-03-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 113033)
So, is this thing dead yet? It kinda feels like it. Last time any progress was made was this time last year. I want to pulse the group to see where we are trying to take this thing.

I think us doing lemons racing with it was kind of DOA, the car is was just to much money to start with and it would be very hard to get under $500. I still like the idea of the group track car, something we can take to a trackday and beat on. I'm fine with keeping it at my place for as long as needed. I'm even fine with us still trying to do lemons but i think its still gone be hard.

BADDASSC6 04-03-2013 05:41 PM

I think we have succeeded at growing the project into something that is very labor intensive. We should have left the car alone and just added the safety gear.

Vettezuki 04-03-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 113066)
I think we have succeeded at growing the project into something that is very labor intensive. We should have left the car alone and just added the safety gear.

False. Available time evaporated. We went from junk to 75% fast and it's been sitting since as key participants got pulled away to other projects. From where it is to running is a couple weekends. As for Lemons and price, no way we can hit their formal $500 and as previously discussed that would be hard these days. When Lemons started $500 junkers that ran were easy to find. Now people just have them hauled away for tax deductions etc. Whether it goes for Lemons, (that other one) or just a generic group track car I don't much car personally. But the amount of work required to go from where it is, right now, to done, is not extreme by any means. It's a coordination problem.

Vettezuki 04-03-2013 06:31 PM

I did, however, succeed in turning the Snake into a massive amount of work.

BADDASSC6 04-03-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 113069)
False. Available time evaporated. We went from junk to 75% fast and it's been sitting since as key participants got pulled away to other projects. From where it is to running is a couple weekends. As for Lemons and price, no way we can hit their formal $500 and as previously discussed that would be hard these days. When Lemons started $500 junkers that ran were easy to find. Now people just have them hauled away for tax deductions etc. Whether it goes for Lemons, (that other one) or just a generic group track car I don't much car personally. But the amount of work required to go from where it is, right now, to done, is not extreme by any means. It's a coordination problem.

So how long do you want me to wait until I tell you I told you so?

Instead of pulling the drivetrain apart we should have just dropped the seat and cage into it and rocked out.

Vettezuki 04-03-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 113072)
So how long do you want me to wait until I tell you I told you so?

Instead of pulling the drivetrain apart we should have just dropped the seat and cage into it and rocked out.

You can tell me whatever you want whenever you want. I'm no expert, but I don't think it would have gone very far with a block that pitched a rod. :huh:

Vettezuki 04-03-2013 07:10 PM

And ya'lls were the one who had your panties in a twist for a V8, just had to have it. We could have got POS 4 banger and have been done with it. So, nigga please!

blackax 04-03-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 113074)
And ya'lls were the one who had your panties in a twist for a V8, just had to have it. We could have got POS 4 banger and have been done with it. So, nigga please!

We do have a lot of work ahead of us both nothing hard, it will just take some time. Many people have done this before so we can follow their lead.