Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   whats up from the East Coast... (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47254)

Shaolin Crane 05-03-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 114584)
It's not just the weight. It's also the sloppiness of the 2 piece driveshaft. Still not sure of .2 difference.

I believe NHRA has changed its rules on cages for newer cars. Not sure of the cut-off now, but I think it depends on whether they consider your car "stock" or not.

I remember something along those lines too, I remember seeing some fast ford gt's that had no cages in them.

enkeivette 05-03-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordy racer (Post 114574)
are you calling me a internet ricer racer?? trust me i have more passing going down the 1/4 then you would EVER wish for. trust me, i under stand how ALL my cars perform on the track.

Didnt mean to insult you, or make you feel as if your expensive driveshaft purchase isnt justified, but your track experience is irrelevant to the physics of your driveshaft.

Too much talk on all ends, just let us know if you manage to knock two tenths off. I hope you do, any one willing to drive without a sway bar and skinny tires deserves to run tens. :bigthumbsup:

enkeivette 05-03-2013 12:07 PM

On a separate note, Im surprised Ford went with a steel DS on the GT, considering they put an aluminum DS on the Ranger.

BRUTAL64 05-03-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 114598)
On a separate note, Im surprised Ford went with a steel DS on the GT, considering they put an aluminum DS on the Ranger.

Ok, I hit my head again...what do you mean by DS...:sm_up_there:

I'm assuming you mean Drive Shaft?

enkeivette 05-03-2013 12:21 PM

When are you going to the strip again?

nordy racer 05-03-2013 12:22 PM

no problem man.. i have driven some crazy set ups over the years.. my Grand National i was running Skinnes with no swaybar and full slicks at 8psi at over 145mph pass the traps, now that was a hand full.. Ths setup drives like a Caddy compair to that..

my buick in the background launch at 24psi boost off the transbrake.. (top end i would run 40psi)

here is one of my slower runs out at Bakersfield when it was 90*. the car had been 9.30's at 149mph.(click the photo for video)

enkeivette 05-03-2013 12:23 PM

Yessir, DS = Drive Shaft, TC = Transfer Case or Torque Converter, AFR = Air to Fuel Ratio or ADAM FUCKING RULES. Just for future reference.

AFR

enkeivette 05-03-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordy racer (Post 114602)
no problem man.. i have driven some crazy set ups over the years.. my Grand National i was running Skinnes with no swaybar and full slicks at 8psi at over 145mph pass the traps, now that was a hand full.. Ths setup drives like a Caddy compair to that..

my buick in the background launch at 24psi boost off the transbrake.. (top end i would run 40psi)

here is one of my slower runs out at Bakersfield when it was 90*..(click the photo for video)

Shit balls, I love GNs. Brian Plunk kinda made me want one. Id almost want to go V8 though just to piss the Buick guys off, haha

nordy racer 05-03-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 114601)
When are you going to the strip again?

i moved to Maryland this pass summer. so i run at my home track of Cecil county raceway and also MIR.. i have Capital raceway, Atco NJ, Englishtown, Maplegrove PA and 75-80 raceway to name some aound my way..

nordy racer 05-03-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 114604)
Shit balls, I love GNs. Brian Plunk kinda made me want one. Id almost want to go V8 though just to piss the Buick guys off, haha

my GN was the 5th quickest in the country with the stock 2 bolt main block.. i also drove the GN on the street too :)

out at speedworld in AZ for a buick race..

he was impressed with my setup and ET.. i couldnt believe i impressed Jay Leno lol