Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Axle and Drive Shaft (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1064)

Vettezuki 01-13-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 13463)
In drag racing Drum brakes are better. I have 4 wheel drums on my Vette, ask Adam how well they work.:rolling:

Why, cuz there not actually in friction til engaged? Anywho, I don't think I could handle drum brakes. . . mentally. :smack:

Vettezuki 01-13-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 13461)
Not sure but we are better off getting one out of an Explorer because it has disc brakes already instead of dumb I mean drum brakes.

I forgot which model you suggested in the past. Explorer. Got it.

Vettezuki 01-13-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 13462)
Well, if she had something to drive other than the T-bird than we would have to get rid of the T-bird........................................... hint.:drink:

Well, get on it. :sm_laughing:

BRUTAL64 01-13-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 13465)
Why, cuz there not actually in friction til engaged? Anywho, I don't think I could handle drum brakes. . . mentally. :smack:

Hey, on our little run last sat, I didn't start to get fade until we hit Whittier Bl. on the way back. Actually drum brakes have more surface area for stopping than Disc.:drink:

No rolling fiction until brake shoes touch the drum.:bigthumbsup:

Leedom 01-13-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 12990)
There will certainly be DS and HS hoops. And I'm strongly leaning towards a fuel cell as well. I want this thing to get driven hard but be safe. I was joking with one of the guys last Sunday, probably Leedom; we could take it to the track, blow up the rear end in the first pass or two. The announcer will go, "well, that's it for them today." Of course, they don't know we'll have a rear end ready to swap, and we come back around two hours later. :drive:

Yeah that was me.

Leedom 01-13-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 13463)
In drag racing Drum brakes are better. I have 4 wheel drums on my Vette, ask Adam how well they work.:rolling:

Them theres fight'n words partner!! :nutkick:

big2bird 01-13-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 13471)
Hey, on our little run last sat, I didn't start to get fade until we hit Whittier Bl. on the way back. Actually drum brakes have more surface area for stopping than Disc.:drink:
That doesn't mean shit, and you know it.:nutkick:
No rolling fiction until brake shoes touch the drum.:bigthumbsup:

That part is true

enkeivette 01-14-2009 01:35 AM

If a NA stock diff can take 500hp, why not try it out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 13456)
What's a solid 8.8 out of a Ranger go for these days?

I'm with SSCobra, on the exploder diff. Additionally, most Ranger diffs are open. I think only the 4wd Rangers have LSD in the rear.

Vettezuki 01-14-2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 13523)
If a NA stock diff can take 500hp, why not try it out?

I'm with SSCobra, on the exploder diff. Additionally, most Ranger diffs are open. I think only the 4wd Rangers have LSD in the rear.

Didn't know the Ranger diff wasn't and LSD. How bout the TBird IRS?

big2bird 01-14-2009 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 13527)
How bout the TBird IRS?

Sounds like a big can of worms to me.:rolleyes: