Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Motorgen's 2nd Offroad Trip - May 26, 2012 (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36034)

94cobra69ss396 05-26-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 97744)
It was very tight for a full size truck.

What are you talking about, there was plenty of room. :rolling: I did say it would be tight in a couple spots but that I could get him through which I did. I even did it without any body damage. Luckily he followed my directions when I was guiding him through that one tight spot even though I told him to steer closer to the wall that looked like it was going to take the side of his truck off. See, sometimes what sounds crazy is just the right thing to do.

blackax 05-26-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 97745)
What are you talking about, there was plenty of room. :rolling: I did say it would be tight in a couple spots but that I could get him through which I did. I even did it without any body damage. Luckily he followed my directions when I was guiding him through that one tight spot even though I told him to steer closer to the wall that looked like it was going to take the side of his truck off. See, sometimes what sounds crazy is just the right thing to do.

You mean the one where I did the exact opposite of what you told him to do? lol

94cobra69ss396 05-26-2012 09:39 PM

That's the one. I even pointed that out because if that had been his truck his passenger side would have been up against the wall. You and I don't have that issue because our tires stick out past the bodies.

Shaolin Crane 05-26-2012 10:39 PM

Would SO rather have done this today, i've driven 815 miles today :(

Vettezuki 05-26-2012 10:44 PM

For being Chuck's first serious off road experience, not just farting around in sand dunes or light fire trails, he did great. About my only observation is that he has a tendency to lift the gas and lose momentum when keeping it down steady makes a big difference. He probably could/should have done in it 4H not 4L. That engine makes so much torque and being an automatic it would have been a lot smoother.

And thanks John for letting me drive the Trooper. Quite similar to my Wrangler in basic feel and a lot of fun. :thumbs_up:

blackax 05-26-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 97749)
Would SO rather have done this today, i've driven 815 miles today :(

Where did you drive to?? Get anything good?

blackax 05-26-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 97750)
For being Chuck's first serious off road experience, not just farting around in sand dunes or light fire trails, he did great. About my only observation is that he has a tendency to lift the gas and lose momentum when keeping it down steady makes a big difference. He probably could/should have done in it 4H not 4L. That engine makes so much torque and being an automatic it would have been a lot smoother.

And thanks John for letting me drive the Trooper. Quite similar to my Wrangler in basic feel and a lot of fun. :thumbs_up:

Yes he did very well for being his first time and being in such a large truck (I love full size trucks)

Its easy to drive once you get over the little things. lol

Vettezuki 05-27-2012 01:19 AM

Working through the video now. There's a lot of good stuff, about an hour of source I've divided into roughly 8 sections; probably come in around 23~ minutes.

Chuck 05-27-2012 02:54 AM

I wants me some video!

94cobra69ss396 05-27-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 97761)
I wants me some video!

Me too!