Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   News, Spy Shots, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   C7 review (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50580)

fiveohwblow 08-01-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 118935)
We can do a all mustang track day. Any takers? The vette won't be ready until late fall, but I can put some of the old vette tires on the stang to play.

Now this I like... Wish I lived closer...

94cobra69ss396 08-01-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 118935)
We can do a all mustang track day. Any takers? The vette won't be ready until late fall, but I can put some of the old vette tires on the stang to play.

I'm up for it but I need a lot of time. I still need to get the meth injection, new track tires, new brake pads and rebuild my calipers. I won't be able to do it until probably next year.

Shaolin Crane 08-01-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118932)
I think you just realized you were wrong and now you're clinging to semantics because you don't like to admit you're wrong. IMHO :p

Nope, go back and read, slowly, read my post, the read the post above, then re-read.

enkeivette 08-01-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 118947)
Nope, go back and read, slowly, read my post, the read the post above, then re-read.

I know you can't be pinned down to what you said, semantically. But I'm also fairly certain that you meant a solid axle is as good as IRS. Why else would you have allowed an argument to develop? Rather than just immediately clarifying what you meant.

But either way, IRS > 3 Link. Glad we are all on the same page :) :p

fiveohwblow 08-01-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118950)
I know you can't be pinned down to what you said, semantically. But I'm also fairly certain that you meant a solid axle is as good as IRS. Why else would you have allowed an argument to develop? Rather than just immediately clarifying what you meant.

Irs is pure shit and I am modifying it on my BMW's as we speak. I'm modifying them to have transverse leaf springs.

Shaolin Crane 08-01-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118950)

I've said it a dozen times in multiple threads. On a prepped track, a three link can keep up with an IRS.

enkeivette 08-01-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 118965)
I've said it a dozen times in multiple threads. On a prepped track, a three link can keep up with an IRS.

Ya, and a properly prepped IRS can keep up with a solid axle in a drag race. Who gives a shit? A solid axle is still the better platform for drag racing. I hope that wasnt the point you were trying to make

enkeivette 08-01-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveohwblow (Post 118963)
Irs is pure shit and I am modifying it on my BMW's as we speak. I'm modifying them to have transverse leaf springs.

Lol, youre a sly bastard

Vettezuki 08-01-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveohwblow (Post 118963)

A transverse composite monoleaf would definitely help cut down the weight on that tub of guts.

Shaolin Crane 08-01-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118972)
Ya, and a properly prepped IRS can keep up with a solid axle in a drag race. Who gives a shit? A solid axle is still the better platform for drag racing. I hope that wasnt the point you were trying to make

I got exactly what I tried for.