Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Old (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Project Management - The Lemon Fox (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32860)

Shaolin Crane 05-20-2012 01:19 AM

Done.

Vettezuki 05-20-2012 01:57 PM

Received.

Vettezuki 05-27-2012 01:24 AM

Passed spacers to blackax today. He also mentioned he knows a bolt place that can hook him up with the right bolts for flexplate to flywheel, which is good, because I was striking out. This means about the only major thing we need I can think of at the moment to get it fired and sorta running is a bell housing. Gotta update the OP with money stuff, but we *might* have enough. It would be kind of a hoot to take this POS to Adam's a couple times over the summer and bomb around like lunatics. I know if we don't have it done by the time Carlos comes up for air there's going to be a spectacular stream of condescending expletives, possibly in multiple languages.

Vettezuki 06-13-2012 01:32 AM

Alright, let's get the show back on the road. When is the next Saturday ya'lls can work? Other than the 23rd I'm good. We have about everything other than the bellhousing.

John, I have bolts from the original that might work so, unless you already went to get bolts fitted for the pressure plate to FW, chill.

Shaolin Crane 06-13-2012 08:09 AM

King bolt has the bolts, Dick might have some layin around too.

94cobra69ss396 06-13-2012 09:22 AM

I'm out for a while. I have Adam's Santa Fe to fix and last night on my way home from the store something let go in the Cobra's engine. It has a horrible knock/tap and is down a cylinder or two. I'm hoping it broke another rocker arm but I have to pull it apart to find out. If that is what happened the heads are coming off so I can port them and install new valve springs. But I have to finish the Santa Fe so I can put the Cobra in the driveway.

Vettezuki 06-25-2012 02:33 PM

How do you get the locator pins out of the old FW? Should I just PB Blast/WD-40 the hell out of them and give them a good tug??

After I pull them (if possible) I'll send the throwout bearing, various FW/Pressure Palte bolts and the locator pins to John. Then all we'd really need to substantially proceed from a material POV is a bell housing.

enkeivette 06-25-2012 05:14 PM

If its in the block leave it, unless you need to deck it, if its in the heads let the machine shop screw with it. I use a vice grip and pb blaster, try to spin it back and forth and pray itll lift out.

Those thing get welded in there when you need them out, and they magically fall off while youre tryin to put the heads on.

Vettezuki 06-25-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 99418)
If its in the block leave it, unless you need to deck it, if its in the heads let the machine shop screw with it. I use a vice grip and pb blaster, try to spin it back and forth and pray itll lift out.

Those thing get welded in there when you need them out, and they magically fall off while youre tryin to put the heads on.

These are locator pins for the pressure plate to flywheel, that's all. Nothing to do with heads/engine.

Shaolin Crane 06-25-2012 06:00 PM

Give them a good whack on both side with a punch then pull them out with pliers.