Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Multi-model Dyno Day and Motorgen Meet February 21, 2009 (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1097)

Asrtive 02-22-2009 03:22 PM

I dig your cobra too, Thanks for the cool dyno day Sean and RET. Did i over do it w/that exit burnout?

SeanPlunk 02-22-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asrtive (Post 15896)
I dig your cobra too, Thanks for the cool dyno day Sean and RET. Did i over do it w/that exit burnout?

Thanks for coming - it was cool to have some SRT's out. The exit burnout was quite smokey, but the cops didn't come or anything so I'd say it's okay :thumbs_up:

Are any of you guys going to be out at the speedway on the 7th?

Asrtive 02-22-2009 03:34 PM

So far we have 5. should be very crowded that day,so get there early. C-ya there.

SeanPlunk 02-22-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asrtive (Post 15898)
So far we have 5. should be very crowded that day,so get there early. C-ya there.

Very cool. I'll be taping that day, but I don't think I'll be running. It's too hard to do both and my wife is shooting a wedding that day so I'll be down a helper.

Douglas Mariani 02-22-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalC55 (Post 15885)
agreed, good job putting this meet together Sean. Great turnout of different models

anoyone take pictures, lets see them!

Heres a few pictures Plus a link http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ws/Dyno%20Day/ to the rest I took. Again we had a great time and enjoyed talking cars and meeting new people.

Does anyone know what happened to the Z06?

Meanchicken 02-22-2009 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Mariani (Post 15908)
Heres a few pictures Plus a link http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Dyno%20Day/to the rest I took. Again we had a great time and enjoyed talking cars and meeting new people.

The photo bucket link is incomplete....

Vettezuki 02-22-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Mariani (Post 15908)
. . . Does anyone know what happened to the Z06?

I want to say like 530+- WHP? :huh: But I'm not positive.

BTW, while my hands are a bit full with our project car at the moment, RX-Snake, I'm definitely down for helping you and Ben on an LSx Powered C3 if you choose to go that route since it's a subject I actually know something about. Doubly so for anyone who's put skin in the game for our country. :hail:

Douglas Mariani 02-22-2009 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meanchicken (Post 15911)
The photo bucket link is incomplete....

Links Fixed....sorry about that:o

Douglas Mariani 02-22-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 15912)

BTW, while my hands are a bit full with our project car at the moment, RX-Snake, I'm definitely down for helping you and Ben on an LSx Powered C3 if you choose to go that route since it's a subject I actually know something about. Doubly so for anyone who's put skin in the game for our country. :hail:

Thanks Ben:bigthumbsup:. If we do this were going to NEED all the help we can get. We probably won't start it until late fall early winter at the earliest.

Singha 02-22-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 15894)
Glad you could make it. I was awesome to see what a chip can do to the 335. I have to talk my grandpa into putting the same chip on his now :thumbs_up:

Yea man.. It put out 72whp and 50 something wtq for $400 :bigthumbsup:
and JB3 is going to come out with 1.3v soon so wait till next month to get it. Your grandpa will love it for sure. Would love to do some canyon run with u guys too. Please let me know when you guys r going. Thanks:hail:

SeanPlunk 02-22-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singha (Post 15924)
Yea man.. It put out 72whp and 50 something wtq for $400 :bigthumbsup:
and JB3 is going to come out with 1.3v soon so wait till next month to get it. Your grandpa will love it for sure. Would love to do some canyon run with u guys too. Please let me know when you guys r going. Thanks:hail:

$400 you say? Hmmmm, maybe I can convince the family to chip in for his birthday. What other mods did you have? I noticed an intake cone, but I didn't notice if you have exhaust or not?

Singha 02-22-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 15925)
$400 you say? Hmmmm, maybe I can convince the family to chip in for his birthday. What other mods did you have? I noticed an intake cone, but I didn't notice if you have exhaust or not?

I got it used, but for new one is about $629. Used is better it's cheaper here's the link http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177
try to look for JB3 PNP and the price is around $350-$425 don't pay more then that. Yes I have Logic HVI intake and chip only. If I have DP and IC would gain lots more number.:thumbs_up:

SeanPlunk 02-22-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singha (Post 15928)
I got it used, but for new one is about $629. Used is better it's cheaper here's the link http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177
try to look for JB3 PNP and the price is around $350-$425 don't pay more then that. Yes I have Logic HVI intake and chip only. If I have DP and IC would gain lots more number.:thumbs_up:

Wow, just an intake and chip for 324 rwhp and 345 rwtq - that's awesome. Maybe I'll get him an intake for father's day. I think he wants to wait for the warranty to go out before doing the chip. Thanks for the advice on finding the chip.

As far as upcoming events if you want to come run at California Speedway on the 7th we'll be there, and then we're also doing probably a PCH cruise and meet on the 14th :drink:

Singha 02-22-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 15930)
Wow, just an intake and chip for 324 rwhp and 345 rwtq - that's awesome. Maybe I'll get him an intake for father's day. I think he wants to wait for the warranty to go out before doing the chip. Thanks for the advice on finding the chip.

As far as upcoming events if you want to come run at California Speedway on the 7th we'll be there, and then we're also doing probably a PCH cruise and meet on the 14th :drink:

On the 7th will be there for sure cause I was going to run my car on that day too. It will be lots of fun and go easy on me out on the track ok guys. LOL

SeanPlunk 02-22-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singha (Post 15931)
On the 7th will be there for sure cause I was going to run my car on that day too. It will be lots of fun and go easy on me out on the track ok guys. LOL

LOL, trust me, no judgement. My first pass in the Cobra was a 14.3 :bigthumbsup:

Even now my best in it is only a 12.7 in a car that should be able to run low 12's/high 11's :suicide:

Vettezuki 02-22-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 15934)
LOL, trust me, no judgement. My first pass in the Cobra was a 14.3 :bigthumbsup:

Even now my best in it is only a 12.7 in a car that should be able to run low 12's/high 11's :suicide:

Yes, there will be no judgement. Except for every time I'm faster than you in my NA Vette than you are in a pullied Cobra, at which point all bets are off. :smack: Anyway, it seems except for very dialed in cars and drivers, nobody does the times they should at the street legals at Fontana.

SeanPlunk 02-22-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 15937)
Yes, there will be no judgement. Except for every time I'm faster than you in my NA Vette than you are in a pullied Cobra, at which point all bets are off. :smack: Anyway, it seems except for very dialed in cars and drivers, nobody does the times they should at the street legals at Fontana.

I'll roll race you on the freeway if you want (haha, I sound like a Supra driver).

:nutkick:

SexyLxy 02-22-2009 10:38 PM

Hey Guys,

I put my photos in a new thread (as I kinda went crazy with the camera and have quite a few photos). They can be seen here.

http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1579

Take care,
Alexis

n2osage 02-22-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 15912)

Close, I did 520 rwhp and just a little less than that torque, which is about where I had hoped it would run. I'm going to mount the new tires I have tomorrow since the ones that were on there were GONE!

Vettezuki 02-22-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 15939)
I'll roll race you on the freeway if you want (haha, I sound like a Supra driver).

:nutkick:

Why don't we do a top speed run. Oh, that's right, your car might blow up. Sorry.

How's that for a nutkick? :pot_stir:

Douglas Mariani 02-23-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2osage (Post 15948)
Close, I did 520 rwhp and just a little less than that torque, which is about where I had hoped it would run. I'm going to mount the new tires I have tomorrow since the ones that were on there were GONE!

Very nice:bigthumbsup: Also I like your plate trim

n2osage 02-23-2009 12:26 AM

Thanks, I appreciate it!

SeanPlunk 02-23-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 15956)
Why don't we do a top speed run. Oh, that's right, your car might blow up. Sorry.

How about a top speed run through the end of 4th :thumbs_up:

silvertermi04 02-23-2009 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 15956)

Ill do a top speed run, done it before i even knew of that problem(or so called problem), to bad that by the top of my 4th gear it will be enough for my rear lights to blind ur eyes lol :pot_stir:

silentbob97 02-23-2009 11:28 AM

Yea thanks Sean it was a great turnout! There were some pretty sick setups there. I think a couple turbos I saw there could power a small jet aircraft they were so big. Hopefully for the next Dyno event I will have my new turbos, injectors and the kahones to Dyno mine.:D

silentbob97 02-23-2009 11:36 AM

BTW did anyone see Matt re-dyno his Black Cobra after missing on the first run? I think he was the last one to run.

Phazewun 02-23-2009 01:07 PM

the 04 that was being tuned ???

yes he did 475 rwhp

SeanPlunk 02-23-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phazewun (Post 16012)
the 04 that was being tuned ???

yes he did 475 rwhp

He told me that was STD. I wonder what his SAE numbers were?

Phazewun 02-23-2009 01:17 PM

466 SAE

but he DID put down 475 that was just with ice and cold weather :smack:

silentbob97 02-23-2009 02:05 PM

Sweet! So then the plugs must have been the problem.:bigthumbsup:

Phazewun 02-23-2009 02:06 PM

Well i think it was a combination of that and the crap tune or stock map.

SeanPlunk 02-23-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentbob97 (Post 16024)
Sweet! So then the plugs must have been the problem.:bigthumbsup:

No, the problem was 15psi on a stock computer designed for 8psi. I have honestly heard it's impossible to run a 2.8 upper pulley without a tune. Usually you'd blow your motor real quickly doing that. I'm glad he had Greg tune it and his numbers are very nice :bigthumbsup:

Phazewun 02-23-2009 02:29 PM

Ya he was stoked all in all a very good day :drink:

nordy racer 02-23-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 15893)
It was really good to see you guys again, it had been a while. Good luck at training and we'll see you when you get back. Are you down to do Angeles Crest again in May?

can't make the May drive.. i'm not going to be back from training..

SeanPlunk 02-23-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordy racer (Post 16052)
can't make the May drive.. i'm not going to be back from training..

When do you get back? It seems wrong to go without you - after all you were on the inaugural cruise last year :drink:

A slight reschedule may have to be in order :thumbs_up:

nordy racer 02-24-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 16074)
When do you get back? It seems wrong to go without you - after all you were on the inaugural cruise last year :drink:

A slight reschedule may have to be in order :thumbs_up:

not coming back in till mid July.... thanks for thinking of me :)

SeanPlunk 02-24-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordy racer (Post 16176)
not coming back in till mid July.... thanks for thinking of me :)

Nordy, I'm no math whiz or anything, but mid July seems like a whole lot more than 5 weeks - is the training multi-part or something? Maybe we'll have to do a 1st Annual Welcome Back Nordy Bonfire when you get home in July :bigthumbsup:

nordy racer 02-26-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 16190)
Nordy, I'm no math whiz or anything, but mid July seems like a whole lot more than 5 weeks - is the training multi-part or something? Maybe we'll have to do a 1st Annual Welcome Back Nordy Bonfire when you get home in July :bigthumbsup:

i'm doing 4 weeks of "in house" training, then i'm shipped off for 16 weeks of more training.. firearms, hand to hand, PT, studying and stuff like that.. then when i get back, i'm on 4 months of OTJ training.. DAMN :judge:

SeanPlunk 02-26-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordy racer (Post 16379)
i'm doing 4 weeks of "in house" training, then i'm shipped off for 16 weeks of more training.. firearms, hand to hand, PT, studying and stuff like that.. then when i get back, i'm on 4 months of OTJ training.. DAMN :judge:

How big of a window do you have in July if we did a bonfire or something?

nordy racer 02-27-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 16383)
How big of a window do you have in July if we did a bonfire or something?

don't know.. when i get back on a Wednesday from GA, i report the next day.. no breaks.. i will not know my normal 2 days off in till i get back..