Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

Shaolin Crane 07-16-2013 12:23 AM

I took an 6" shit today.

enkeivette 07-16-2013 08:35 AM

So that means... that you can take at least 6 inches? :p

Vettezuki 07-17-2013 01:46 AM

One of my Japanese colleagues is fix'n to buy himself a Porsche GT3. Little jelly, but he is about 15 years ahead of me and has been paying his dues on the front lines.

enkeivette 07-17-2013 09:17 AM

AWD turbo jelly bean, I love it. Buy your car a power adder, itll make you feel better

Shaolin Crane 07-17-2013 10:57 AM

Not with 11-1 compression.

need 22lr local, anyone know where?

enkeivette 07-17-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 118126)

Nitrous. Headers.

blackax 07-17-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 118126)

Just don't run crazy boost and it will be fine

enkeivette 07-17-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 118136)

He was considering a Magna Charger back in the day. I think it was...

Vettezuki 07-17-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 118136)

I already have to run what is effectively 93 on the hotter days in summer. Headers with an appropriate retune would probably fix this and I could always just run 91 (i.e., no torco), but I don't think even with good headers and retune that I could run any boost really. Maybe 3lbs? But what's the point of that.

Probably I'll just do headers (maybe gucci rockers and lifters) and a retune. This would take me to 430WHP on an N/A 346ci and pump gas still passing smog. That's probably about as good as it's going to get. and in a car that is 3,100lbs full wet, plenty of of power for the street. My clutch and trans would still handle it, and as long as I don't get too sticky of street tires, the diff would still handle that. If I went with a boost engine, I'm not going to dick around, but decompress and go for an intercooled one atmosphere tuned for pump gas. that's going to be more like 550whp and then clutch would be "underpowered" and trans and diff would be ticking time bombs.

enkeivette 07-17-2013 08:36 PM

Nitrous. Or cry?

Vettezuki 07-17-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118153)
Nitrous. Or cry?

Do I look like a cast member of "Fast N' Furious"?

Shaolin Crane 07-17-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 118154)
Do I look like a cast member of "Fast N' Furious"?

Yes.

Vettezuki 07-17-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 118155)
Yes.

:gtfo:

blackax 07-17-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 118152)
I already have to run what is effectively 93 on the hotter days in summer. Headers with an appropriate retune would probably fix this and I could always just run 91 (i.e., no torco), but I don't think even with good headers and retune that I could run any boost really. Maybe 3lbs? But what's the point of that.

Probably I'll just do headers (maybe gucci rockers and lifters) and a retune. This would take me to 430WHP on an N/A 346ci and pump gas still passing smog. That's probably about as good as it's going to get. and in a car that is 3,100lbs full wet, plenty of of power for the street. My clutch and trans would still handle it, and as long as I don't get too sticky of street tires, the diff would still handle that. If I went with a boost engine, I'm not going to dick around, but decompress and go for an intercooled one atmosphere tuned for pump gas. that's going to be more like 550whp and then clutch would be "underpowered" and trans and diff would be ticking time bombs.

First you would make way more then 550 with one bar. And why do you need so much Octane in a mostly stock LS1? People run 7 psi on stock stuff all day long with only 91. Hell I only run 91 with 10.5:1 and 5.5 psi

Vettezuki 07-17-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 118157)
First you would make way more then 550 with one bar. And why do you need so much Octane in a mostly stock LS1? People run 7 psi on stock stuff all day long with only 91. Hell I only run 91 with 10.5:1 and 5.5 psi

Cuz it's not mostly stock. They're heavily ported and decked 4.8L heads and a moderate cam (compression was advertised as 11:1, but maybe a little more, but with with stock manifolds so there is a fuck ton of back pressure, 3 psi measured at WOT. It's only if it gets hotter in the summer and I push, it pings a little. The 93~ is just for a safety margin and to maintain timing, it's not strictly necessary. And in many parts of the country 93 out of the pump is still very common, it's not really exotic.

The 550WHP on one bar intercooled on a H&C 346 is conservative/safe, but it wouldn't be a lot more. Who knows for sure unless it was done and dynoed.

I know for a fact with my exact current setup that I made 391 on a Mutang dyno. Getting it to breath on the back side would help a lot.

enkeivette 07-17-2013 11:08 PM

Guy, lol.

Ben, lol.

Blackax: His LS is about as stock as Sharon Stone is a virgin. Its H&C. And 15 lbs is a lot of boost on a street V8, even for a centri blower.

Also Ben, nitrous is no different than anything else. Its just a chemical supercharger. Cylinder pressure is cylinder pressure. If I ever run the Vette as a drag car, Id seriously consider nitrous for 3rd and 4th gear.

enkeivette 07-17-2013 11:12 PM

Also, its not like the movies. The car I drove with nitrous had a WOT setup, so you leave the switch on and it injects only at WOT.

Vettezuki 07-17-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118159)
Guy, lol.

Ben, lol.

Blackax: His LS is about as stock as Sharon Stone is a virgin. Its H&C. And 15 lbs is a lot of boost on a street V8, even for a centri blower.

Also Ben, nitrous is no different than anything else. Its just a chemical supercharger. Cylinder pressure is cylinder pressure. If I ever run the Vette as a drag car, Id seriously consider nitrous for 3rd and 4th gear.

I'm not doing nitrous in a street car setup. I'm not maintaining shit with refills, etc., and not going ot have something that can run out independently of fuel. Car+fuel = done.

enkeivette 07-18-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 118161)
I'm not doing nitrous in a street car setup. I'm not maintaining shit with refills, etc., and not going ot have something that can run out independently of fuel. Car+fuel = done.

When nitrous runs out, the condition is overly rich. Safe for the engine. I <3 nitrous

Vettezuki 07-18-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118164)
When nitrous runs out, the condition is overly rich. Safe for the engine. I <3 Nitrous

Does a blower run out?

Listen, ain't hat'n on nitrous, just ain't gonna do it. Frankly, more inclined to really refining the NA motor than even FI. That's the gentlemen's game and I'm nothing if not a fucking gentlemen.

enkeivette 07-18-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 118165)
Does a blower run out?

Listen, ain't hat'n on nitrous, just ain't gonna do it. Frankly, more inclined to really refining the NA motor than even FI. That's the gentlemen's game and I'm nothing if not a fucking gentlemen.

Haha

Hey... hey... ... .......nitrous.

94cobra69ss396 07-19-2013 07:20 AM

The Chevelle runs good on nitrous! Like Adam said, if you run out of nitrous you just end up running rich. I have two fuel pumps on the Chevelle, one for the engine and the other is for the nitrous system. The engine one is a Holley black pump that's rated at 130gph and the one for the nitrous system is a Holley red pump rated at 87gph. I'm using the factory 3/8 line for the black pump and ran a seperate 3/8 aluminum line for the red pump. When I wired up my nitrous system I used one toggle switch for the red pump and then another to arm the nitrous system. I have the power for the nitrous system from the red fuel pump switch so if I accidently arm the system without turning on it's fuel pump the system won't come on. That way I can't accidently inject nitrous without fuel. I also run a full throttle switch that is triggered by the carb linkage so as some as I go full throttle the nitrous system activates but some people use a button so they can activate it when they want.

Vettezuki 07-19-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 118201)
The Chevelle runs good on nitrous! Like Adam said, if you run out of nitrous you just end up running rich. I have two fuel pumps on the Chevelle, one for the engine and the other is for the nitrous system. The engine one is a Holley black pump that's rated at 130gph and the one for the nitrous system is a Holley red pump rated at 87gph. I'm using the factory 3/8 line for the black pump and ran a seperate 3/8 aluminum line for the red pump. When I wired up my nitrous system I used one toggle switch for the red pump and then another to arm the nitrous system. I have the power for the nitrous system from the red fuel pump switch so if I accidently arm the system without turning on it's fuel pump the system won't come on. That way I can't accidently inject nitrous without fuel. I also run a full throttle switch that is triggered by the carb linkage so as some as I go full throttle the nitrous system activates but some people use a button so they can activate it when they want.

Nitrous works, that's for sure. But you don't run it in your car you put heavy street miles on. That's got a blower yo!

blackax 07-19-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 118210)
Nitrous works, that's for sure. But you don't run it in your car you put heavy street miles on. That's got a blower yo!

But you could....(im for the blower option just felt like trolling you ben)

94cobra69ss396 07-19-2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 118210)

That is correct. However, if you are happy with the way your engine performs now on the street but want it to be faster in the quarter mile you could add a nitrous system for around $500 and pick up a full second. With a 150 shot of nitrous, a ten pound bottle and mid to high 10 second runs you could get around 8 passes on a bottle. Depending on where you fill it a bottle fill cost around $35.

enkeivette 07-19-2013 12:28 PM

And for regular street use a bottle usually lasts about 2 months in my uncles car.

Face it Ben, you are now a nitrous man... its happened... the only thing left for you to do is buy the bottle :p

Vettezuki 07-19-2013 01:16 PM

No.

enkeivette 07-19-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 118230)
No.

Lol. I didnt say you had to get a boyfriend too

enkeivette 07-19-2013 05:33 PM

I remember this kid came on CF a few years back, with a bone stock smog C3. He asked, instead of wasting money on intake and exhaust, wouldnt it make more sense just to buy a nitrous kit?

The fiscal racer.

Vettezuki 07-19-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118248)
I remember this kid came on CF a few years back, with a bone stock smog C3. He asked, instead of wasting money on intake and exhaust, wouldnt it make more sense just to buy a nitrous kit?

The fiscal racer.

I'm at the spend zero dollars or don't fuck around stage of life. . . boy racer. :smack:

enkeivette 07-20-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 118251)
I'm at the spend zero dollars or don't fuck around stage of life. . . boy racer. :smack:

You and me both buddy. Ive sent out hundreds of targeted resumes, had 6 interviews, and nada. Im about ready to kick this solo thing into high gear.

enkeivette 07-20-2013 06:14 AM

One was Thursday though, so cross your fingers for me!

94cobra69ss396 07-20-2013 09:11 AM

Good luck!

enkeivette 07-20-2013 11:11 AM

Thanks Ron!

Vettezuki 07-21-2013 02:47 AM

Remember who the real enemy is.

http://movies.yahoo.com/video/hunger...021017530.html

enkeivette 07-21-2013 08:36 AM

The government. Id hate to see your face every year as you do your taxes. :leaving:

Looks cool btw!

Vettezuki 07-21-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118285)
The government. Id hate to see your face every year as you do your taxes. :leaving:

Looks cool btw!

I automate that process and keep it as far out of my mind as possible. As a business owner, some of the extra taxes get really fucking stupid. My personal favorite is the "business property" tax. Let's say you've invested $100k in fixtures, machines, whatever. CA levies a 1% tax on that. Why? Because they can. Simple takings. No value return. You kill yourself to build your business and provide something to the public, and the mafia (aka, government) just helps themselves to whatever they want. My brother in his business recently discovered one I didn't even know about. The labor tax. Yes labor tax. If he builds something on spec for someone (he designs and fabricates furniture and stuff) he has to withhold basically a sales tax on his labor.

Ryridesmotox 07-21-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 118295)
I automate that process and keep it as far out of my mind as possible. As a business owner, some of the extra taxes get really fucking stupid. My personal favorite is the "business property" tax. Let's say you've invested $100k in fixtures, machines, whatever. CA levies a 1% tax on that. Why? Because they can. Simple takings. No value return. You kill yourself to build your business and provide something to the public, and the mafia (aka, government) just helps themselves to whatever they want. My brother in his business recently discovered one I didn't even know about. The labor tax. Yes labor tax. If he builds something on spec for someone (he designs and fabricates furniture and stuff) he has to withhold basically a sales tax on his labor.

There needs to be a flat tax (some call it fair tax) across the board... do away with the IRS and we can all pay the same, people, coprorations large and small, no loopholes, no favors, just a fair shot across the board. Seems fair to me anyways. Start at like 17% maybe, and imprison all of the politicians in D.C. for Treason and pejury becuase they all SWORE an oath to the constitution and they ALL (well 99% of them) would rather line their pockets by sending GOV contracts to friends and family (conflict of interest anyone) rather than SERVE the country.

Sorry in a bad mood today. gotta vent real quick to the guys. I'm sure ALL of you have come across this at some point so you may understand... My fiancee an I are driving... she stops in the middle of a lane to turn left, no blinker, just stops, "I say hey babe, blinker? I don't want some idiot to hit us" and then she pulls into a spot where some IDIOT has parked on the line, and their car is just completely destroyed on that side, literally they must have hit a pole and just drug their car along it until they passed completely. I said, in a semi joking manner, "babe can you move one spot over so that person doesn't bash our car with their door cuz clearly they don't give fuck about thier piece of shit vehicle" (the very next spot over was open). And it turns into her freaking out and demanding that I apologize for saying something SO effed up to her that it almost made her cry. REALLY?!?!?!? wtf? so I apologize cuz its not worth it. But come on, I'm trying to help her be a better driver and take into account how HORRIBLE the average motorist is at operating their vehicle, and be safe WITH OUR KID IN THE CAR so no terrible accidents befall her when I am not in the car. I guess I really am an asshat or something. /vent

thanks for listening, though you really don't have a choice.

enkeivette 07-21-2013 05:59 PM

You probably said it in a way that made her feel stupid. Not that you said it in a bad way necessarily. No one likes side seat driving, and she is probably a bit overly sensitive as well. She needs to work on not taking it personally, and you should either offer to drive or bite your tongue.

Flat tax, seems fair. But, dont you think a business, like Apple, eating a larger piece of the pie, should pay more of a tip/ tax?

I think if we charged Billy Joe the same amount of tax that we charge Exxon Mobil, the economy would suffer.

Ryridesmotox 07-21-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118299)
You probably said it in a way that made her feel stupid. Not that you said it in a bad way necessarily. No one likes side seat driving, and she is probably a bit overly sensitive as well. She needs to work on not taking it personally, and you should either offer to drive or bite your tongue.

Flat tax, seems fair. But, dont you think a business, like Apple, eating a larger piece of the pie, should pay more of a tip/ tax?

I think if we charged Billy Joe the same amount of tax that we charge Exxon Mobil, the economy would suffer.

The thing is though, that it seems like the large corporations and their high level emploees seem to be able to find some kind of shleter to get around taxes. I doubt Apple pays more than 17%. Though, I'm not sure what they do pay, is that even public record? I'm not really sure to be honest. It seems like they have charitable ways to get around it. For example, I remember a few months ago everyone was tripping about how Obama was paying like 14% (can't remember exactly) in taxes... really? come on, I pay in the upper 20%. How is a guy making 5x what I make paying less than me? That seems REAL fair. There really isn't a good solution here I don't think. It's kind of like do the least jacked up thing possible.