Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1988 Mustang GT "Max" Project freebox (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28546)

Damian 01-13-2013 01:38 AM

Don't rush it and make mistakes. Learn from my screw ups!

Shaolin Crane 01-13-2013 09:57 AM

Nothing is being rushed. Everything mechanical is taken care of, the rest is refinement. HVAC crap, interior pieces, gauges etc.

enkeivette 01-13-2013 10:38 AM

Tapatalk kinda sucks, it doesnt bring me to the last page I was at it bring me to some random page in the middle. Ya I saw the dyno post this time. Nice man!

Makes me think I should take off my jeep intercooler and flush it out.

Shaolin Crane 01-13-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 109564)
Tapatalk kinda sucks, it doesnt bring me to the last page I was at it bring me to some random page in the middle. Ya I saw the dyno post this time. Nice man!

Makes me think I should take off my jeep intercooler and flush it out.

Yeah, just giving you a hard time. I flushed it out the best I could with purple clean but its stillbad. I'm gonna pour a gallon of CLR into the tank and let it run for a couple hours. Hopefully it wont fuck up the pump.

3.7" pulley is on the way, so as soon as that goes on I should be able to rag on it. Tune seems to be done so far, i'll know more after the swap, just won't know how much it makes.

Today i'm gonna work on cleaning and hiding wires, finishing seat bracket, painting window trim etc. Mainly everything that makes it look like a car. Stitching for the door panels should be done this week sometime then I can assemble the doors, need to replace the drivers side wiring harness in the door since some jackass cut the wiring harness and it controls the power door locks. Windows work though.

I also need my damn gauge cluster to come in, every time I track it it's been pushed back a day, it went out monday of last week and isnt expected until tuesday. Not happy.

Shaolin Crane 01-22-2013 01:09 AM

Its getting close. Coming to a meet near you soon.
Finally got a real radiator.

Damian 01-22-2013 08:58 AM

That will make you happy.

Shaolin Crane 01-22-2013 11:34 AM

It'll make me happy if this is the cause of my overheating issue under WOT

fiveohwblow 01-22-2013 01:08 PM

Dumb question, but what hose are you using on your lower radiator hose?

Damian 01-22-2013 09:09 PM

A stock radiator just won't handle all that extra heat under boost, low boost maybe.

Shaolin Crane 01-22-2013 11:32 PM

It wasnt stock. The issue was gunk inside and a fowling fan clutch. Now my issue is the car doesn't get hot enough. After ragging on it 140* was the hottest I could get it, it won't go into open loop so I guess it's time to try out different thermostats