Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

Shaolin Crane 07-11-2013 12:04 PM

Exactly. Any off time I do have will be spent sleeping and working out.

enkeivette 07-11-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 117867)
If you go to the CHP academy you will not have time to do anything other than study. You will be going non stop for the full 6 months.

Nah, you'll have weekends off. My Dad used to come home on the weekends... although, I dont know how frequently youll want to make that 8 hour drive... especially if your car isnt running. Haha

fiveohwblow 07-11-2013 07:02 PM

I like stuff

Shaolin Crane 07-11-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 117882)
Nah, you'll have weekends off. My Dad used to come home on the weekends... although, I dont know how frequently youll want to make that 8 hour drive... especially if your car isnt running. Haha

While you might have "liberty" on the weekends i'll be focusing on the academy. Not cars.

enkeivette 07-11-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 117886)
While you might have "liberty" on the weekends i'll be focusing on the academy. Not cars.

Its spelled H-O-O-K-E-R-S.

enkeivette 07-11-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveohwblow (Post 117885)
I like stuff

Its spelled H-O-O-K-E-R-S. This is not a repeat post.

enkeivette 07-11-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 117867)
If you go to the CHP academy you will not have time to do anything other than study. You will be going non stop for the full 6 months.

Now bar study, THAT is full fucking time. 12-14 hours a day studying. No sick days, no weekends, no holidays, no date nights with the gf, not even 2 hours to watch the new Batman movie or even a movie at home. For 3-4 months, following 6 months of studying for the bar part-time in school, and then 4-5 months waiting for your results.

Also, probably a whole hell of a lot less fun than training to shoot, drive fast, and kick ass. With no guaranteed job on the other end, a competitive market in a shitty economy, and a fuck load of law school debt. What was I thinking again?

enkeivette 07-11-2013 08:12 PM

I hate to stroke your already huge ego Guy, but I think youll kick ass at the academy. You can already fight and drive well, thatll be a huge advantage. Ill bet a lot of people wont like you, ha.

Vettezuki 07-11-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 117890)
I hate to stroke your already huge ego Guy, but I think youll kick ass at the academy. You can already fight and drive well, thatll be a huge advantage. Ill bet a lot more people wont like you, ha.

Fixed.

enkeivette 07-11-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 117893)
Fixed.

Lmao. You are my hero Ben

Shaolin Crane 07-12-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 117889)
Now bar study, THAT is full fucking time. 12-14 hours a day studying. No sick days, no weekends, no holidays, no date nights with the gf, not even 2 hours to watch the new Batman movie or even a movie at home. For 3-4 months, following 6 months of studying for the bar part-time in school, and then 4-5 months waiting for your results.

Also, probably a whole hell of a lot less fun than training to shoot, drive fast, and kick ass. With no guaranteed job on the other end, a competitive market in a shitty economy, and a fuck load of law school debt. What was I thinking again?

Job guaranteed in cali? Not likely. Have you seen what the CHP academy is like? Sorry but no part of that looks enjoyable.
Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette
I hate to stroke your already huge ego Guy, but I think youll kick ass at the academy. You can already fight and drive well, thatll be a huge advantage. Ill bet a lot of people wont like you, ha.

lol Sensei made a comment "Can you try not to fuck anyone up the first day of the academy?"
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 117893)
Fixed.

:clapping:

enkeivette 07-12-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 117897)
Job guaranteed in cali? Not likely. Have you seen what the CHP academy is like? Sorry but no part of that looks enjoyable.

lol Sensei made a comment "Can you try not to fuck anyone up the first day of the academy?"

:clapping:

Oh Im sure it wont be easy, Im not trying to downplay it or even compare it. Cop training in Sac is no joke. I just got hung up on talking about bar study as a full time commitment, and that it had NO redeeming factors.

Cuz while your 'boot camp' will suck, and getting sprayed in the face with mace is no picnic, at least some of it will make you smile :)

Shaolin Crane 07-12-2013 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 117899)
Oh Im sure it wont be easy, Im not trying to downplay it or even compare it. Cop training in Sac is no joke. I just got hung up on talking about bar study as a full time commitment, and that it had NO redeeming factors.

Cuz while your 'boot camp' will suck, and getting sprayed in the face with mace is no picnic, at least some of it will make you smile :)

Mace isn't too bad actually, getting stabbed in the face was no picnic :smack:
I'll admit I wanted to smile when some of the officers were screaming in my face "oh, do I intimidate you boy?!"

94cobra69ss396 07-12-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 117882)

Phil used to come down one weekend a month but he just studied. Guy will do great if he get's there. I think the part Guy will have the hardest time with just like my brother did is all the written stuff which is why Phil was always studying. Granted, Phil was 10 years older when he went in than Guy will be.

Vettezuki 07-12-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 117899)
. . I just got hung up on talking about bar study as a full time commitment, and that it had NO redeeming factors.

The higher end of the pay scale and potential challenges are pretty intense. But it might take you another 10 years of breaking your balls before you really start to move up, another 10 years with good fortune, but by mid late 40s, you could be hauling in very serious scratch.

The thing that is crazy hard, but has excellent opportunities, massive portability, and will be demanded almost no matter what the economy does is becoming an MD. That's the track my sister is on and it's pretty much continuous hard study and work for about 10 years including residency and you can easily have significant six figure debt. But "even" nursing pays well and is highly demanded and will be for the foreseeable future. Get your NP/PA level and you can make six figures full time, or into the 90s just part time.

enkeivette 07-12-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 117910)
The higher end of the pay scale and potential challenges are pretty intense. But it might take you another 10 years of breaking your balls before you really start to move up, another 10 years with good fortune, but by mid late 40s, you could be hauling in very serious scratch.

The thing that is crazy hard, but has excellent opportunities, massive portability, and will be demanded almost no matter what the economy does is becoming an MD. That's the track my sister is on and it's pretty much continuous hard study and work for about 10 years including residency and you can easily have significant six figure debt. But "even" nursing pays well and is highly demanded and will be for the foreseeable future. Get your NP/PA level and you can make six figures full time, or into the 90s just part time.

Thanks Ben :)

I have more respect for doctors and nurses than anyone. Very noble profession. I doubt anything is more intense or competitive than medical school.

I could never do something in the medical field. Guts and poop and smells gross me out too much. If someone even coughs walking past me Ill breathe through my shirt.

enkeivette 07-12-2013 09:19 AM

Ron, is your brother RidesMotoX?

94cobra69ss396 07-12-2013 09:24 AM

No, Throttle Crazy on here.

Shaolin Crane 07-12-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 117906)
Phil used to come down one weekend a month but he just studied. Guy will do great if he get's there. I think the part Guy will have the hardest time with just like my brother did is all the written stuff which is why Phil was always studying. Granted, Phil was 10 years older when he went in than Guy will be.

Yeah, not so hot with the written stuff, hand me a baton and tell me to subdue a man in a red man suit and I'll do some amazing things.

Shaolin Crane 07-12-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 117911)
Thanks Ben :)

I have more respect for doctors and nurses than anyone. Very noble profession. I doubt anything is more intense or competitive than medical school.

I could never do something in the medical field. Guts and poop and smells gross me out too much. If someone even coughs walking past me Ill breathe through my shirt.

I'm cool with blood and gorry things, but if another kid pukes on me I might lose it.

Shaolin Crane 07-12-2013 07:59 PM

So there's a company that the LS/LT guys rave about over on the SS forums. They're called LPP and they make a Stainless Steel 1 7/8" with a 3" collector for 199 shipped. For the money they could fit like complete shit but i'd have enough to mod them to fit my way and still be out ahead of the 1300 that the Kooks cost. Ordering now, race car is comin back...
http://lpparts.com/store/page17.html

enkeivette 07-13-2013 08:51 AM

In case anyone was wondering:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/daftp...dtheworld.html

enkeivette 07-13-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 117936)
So there's a company that the LS/LT guys rave about over on the SS forums. They're called LPP and they make a Stainless Steel 1 7/8" with a 3" collector for 199 shipped. For the money they could fit like complete shit but i'd have enough to mod them to fit my way and still be out ahead of the 1300 that the Kooks cost. Ordering now, race car is comin back...
http://lpparts.com/store/page17.html

I thought you got rid of that LQ motor?

enkeivette 07-13-2013 08:54 AM

OIC, youre using the came company, not the LS headers

Shaolin Crane 07-13-2013 10:23 AM

Very good Adam.

enkeivette 07-13-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 117943)
Very good Adam.

Thank you, Guy. :p

Whenever I say your name I think of the South Park Saddam Hussein. 'Aw, c'mon guy! You know no one can pound your ass like I can'

Shaolin Crane 07-13-2013 11:33 PM

So when you think of me, you have gay thoughts? Great...

enkeivette 07-13-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 117949)

So obvious, I expected more from you. Haha, just the first part 'Aw, come on Guy!' I put the second in there to make the reference more apparent, Guy!

Shaolin Crane 07-14-2013 01:13 AM

Don't expect too much, I don't watch South Park

Vettezuki 07-14-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 117949)

You're not special. Don't worry about it. . .

Vettezuki 07-14-2013 01:24 AM

On business in Nashville the last several days, returning tomorrow. What a great town.

enkeivette 07-14-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 117953)
On business in Nashville the last several days, returning tomorrow. What a great town.

Sarcasm? Or why so?

Vettezuki 07-14-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 117958)
Sarcasm? Or why so?

Seriously. It's modern. Pretty clean and safe. About as good as it gets for a wide variety of live music. Increasingly a foody town on top of that. Cost of living aint so bad.

BADDASSC6 07-14-2013 08:29 PM

I met a Tyrannosaurus rex bitch in Nashville.

Shaolin Crane 07-15-2013 09:16 AM

I had a soda after my late night workout. Apparently I'm still sensitive to caffein because I stared at the wall all night. I feel amazaring

enkeivette 07-15-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 117964)
I met a Tyrannosaurus rex bitch in Nashville.

:huh:

BADDASSC6 07-15-2013 12:34 PM

Back in 04 I was driving across the country to va for work. We stopped in Nashville because it was supposed to be a great city to party. One of my good high school buddies made the trip with me and we decide to go grab some drinks. We go to a club and this very good looking blonde girl was dancing on top of the speakers. Well, chris and I decide to get her a drink. When I walked up to her and she turned around and it became apparent that she had withered arms. Lame.

fiveohwblow 07-15-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 117963)
Seriously. It's modern. Pretty clean and safe. About as good as it gets for a wide variety of live music. Increasingly a foody town on top of that. Cost of living aint so bad.

Completely agree. LOVE that town.

enkeivette 07-15-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 118007)
Back in 04 I was driving across the country to va for work. We stopped in Nashville because it was supposed to be a great city to party. One of my good high school buddies made the trip with me and we decide to go grab some drinks. We go to a club and this very good looking blonde girl was dancing on top of the speakers. Well, chris and I decide to get her a drink. When I walked up to her and she turned around and it became apparent that she had withered arms. Lame.

Aw, poor girl :(

I saw this girl Fri night walking across the street in Brea, she had an obvious 'problem' where her hips would dip way too much with every stride. As if her legs were bowed or her hip joints were malformed. So I say "poor girl!" I felt bad for her...

Then as she walked past the view of my car I could see that she wasnt disabled, she just had 6" hooker heels on and she couldn't walk in them!! Dumb twat.

Vettezuki 07-15-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118041)
Aw, poor girl :(

I saw this girl Fri night walking across the street in Brea, she had an obvious 'problem' where her hips would dip way too much with every stride. As if her legs were bowed or her hip joints were malformed. So I say "poor girl!" I felt bad for her...

Then as she walked past the view of my car I could see that she wasnt disabled, she just had 6" hooker heels on and she couldn't walk in them!! Dumb twat.