Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1988 Mustang GT "Max" Project freebox (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28546)

fiveohwblow 12-04-2012 08:14 AM

Much!

Shaolin Crane 12-04-2012 08:55 AM

Thanks y'all. It still isnt where it needs to be. For whatever reason its still sitting 2" higher then it's supposed to. I did cut out alot of the backing supports to make sure the heat exchanger had room. Its as far back as it could possibly go, if i push down on the bumper i'm able to get it to where it should be, so thats why i'm thinking I need the adjustable rods to pull it down. Over time it will stay that way on its own, but for now I think it should work, i'd really like to be able to close the hood.

Shaolin Crane 12-04-2012 09:11 PM

So I played with the front bumper adjustment a little and my phone settings.

Also crammed a filter in the fender

Still isn't even close to being right, really just posted these to test out the hosting.
Also re-did the wiring for the MAF but left my keys at home so I couldn't start the car to check if it made a difference.

heypal 12-04-2012 10:00 PM

Shaolin Crane 12-05-2012 06:56 AM

:smack: Thanks Jerry.

heypal 12-05-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 107975)
:smack: Thanks Jerry.

LOL no problem man. :laugh::thumbs_up:

Shaolin Crane 12-06-2012 12:25 AM

Tomorrow I hope to start it up and hear the idle the way it should be. Then this weekend my upholstery guy will be sewing the stitches that go in the center of each door panel for a measly $20. If everything goes well I should have fullish interior this weekend. Minus a few pieces i'm missing. But I hope to have at least some seats.

Shaolin Crane 12-07-2012 09:53 AM

So I took it for a drive this morning and its running a ton better. Still bucks but it's easier to control now, if I ease into the throttle its completely manageable. Still seems to be running a little funny, sounds like its missing when cold. Has some major exhaust leaks that i'll be fixing tonight with some donuts. I think the loose wiring was one of the causes of the shitty driveability . Still probably need another MAF but i'm going to trace wires before I buy anything else.

Shaolin Crane 12-08-2012 06:09 PM

Traced down the wires in the MAF conversion and found a wire that wasn't properly crimped, of course it had to be the power wire. Crimped and started it right up, idled like a dream and then I took it for the drive. Hit 3lbs at about 2500rpm and completely annihilated the drag radials and unloaded the front suspension. Still a little lean and the hood wasnt latched so I didn't want to wail on it. Soon though, soon.

Shaolin Crane 12-08-2012 06:59 PM