Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Motorgen Ortega Canyon/PCH Cruise January 9th (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11308)

SeanPlunk 01-09-2010 07:25 PM

I want to first thank everyone for showing up - I think we had about 75 cars at Savi which was awesome!

Now I want to apologize - sorry for all the problems today. That accident that closed the 91-15 interchange really fouled things up. I never expected that to happen and unfortunately their really isn't a good alternative route. I know it kind of splintered everyone up and it really slowed us down. I had really worked to have things run smoothly and I feel really bad that it didn't happen.

Ultimately we still had a really large group make it to the end, so thanks for sticking it out with us. We should have video and pictures up soon.

Sorry again, but thanks for coming everyone!

rnielsen 01-09-2010 08:43 PM

Sean: No need to apologize. I think it went quite well. Shit happens. Started out slow on the 91 , but cleared up down the 15 and the canyon run is always fun! Sorry I didn't make it back to the restaurant. I cut back home after I passed through Corona Del Mar. Look forward to the next one. Good to see some of you guys again. It's been a while.

Rick

SeanPlunk 01-09-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnielsen (Post 42074)
Sean: No need to apologize. I think it went quite well. Shit happens. Started out slow on the 91 , but cleared up down the 15 and the canyon run is always fun! Sorry I didn't make it back to the restaurant. I cut back home after I passed through Corona Del Mar. Look forward to the next one. Good to see some of you guys again. It's been a while.

Rick

Thanks! I want to see your new car up close. Give me details. I know it's a Saleen, but which version?

rnielsen 01-09-2010 09:05 PM

It's a 2007 Saleen Extreme #42. 550HP, 525 TQ. fully forged engine yada yada. here's a link that details everything that the car was built with.

http://www.soec.org/datasheets/musta...e_brochure.pdf

I've had some very nice cars in my life, but this one is very well engineered, handles and brakes very well and fast. I think I'll keep this one for a while.

SeanPlunk 01-09-2010 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnielsen (Post 42076)
It's a 2007 Saleen Extreme #42. 550HP, 525 TQ. fully forged engine yada yada. here's a link that details everything that the car was built with.

http://www.soec.org/datasheets/musta...e_brochure.pdf

I've had some very nice cars in my life, but this one is very well engineered, handles and brakes very well and fast. I think I'll keep this one for a while.

Wow, awesome car! And of course, Mustangs look best in white ;)

SeanPlunk 01-09-2010 09:13 PM

Here and here are some pictures courtesy of King Fish on the NASIOC!

rnielsen 01-09-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 42077)
Wow, awesome car! And of course, Mustangs look best in white ;)

couldn't agree more... don't see many white mustangs, cobras or saleens.

kdracer73 01-09-2010 09:18 PM

We had a great time today. Thanks Sean for all the hard work.:hail: I had to work till 2 so met up in Capo Beach. It isn't a motorgen cruise without a little confusion:pot_stir: Cody was so excited to bring his Cutlass, and thanks to all of you for making a 17 year old with his first car , feel so welcome:bigthumbsup:

SeanPlunk 01-09-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 42080)
We had a great time today. Thanks Sean for all the hard work.:hail: I had to work till 2 so met up in Capo Beach. It isn't a motorgen cruise without a little confusion:pot_stir: Cody was so excited to bring his Cutlass, and thanks to all of you for making a 17 year old with his first car , feel so welcome:bigthumbsup:

It's exciting! Tell him to get his butt on here and post pics. I forgot to ask him, what does it have under the hood?

kdracer73 01-09-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 42081)
It's exciting! Tell him to get his butt on here and post pics. I forgot to ask him, what does it have under the hood?

His neighbor bought it new and she passed away a few months ago. Total little old lady from Fullerton find:lmfao: Olds 350...Stock motor, he did do some mufflers so it sounds deeper, and swapped the tin hubcaps and wheels for some Pontiac rally wheels. Spent a lot of time talking to Glenn about motor options.

mustangray 01-09-2010 09:45 PM

Hey Sean, Thanks again I think everything worked out ok, any long run with alot of cars will get confused a bit, but over all it went very well I thought and I agree white is a perfect color for a saleen and an '07 extreme is a very nice set up :bigthumbsup:

SeanPlunk 01-09-2010 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangray (Post 42083)
Hey Sean, Thanks again I think everything worked out ok, any long run with alot of cars will get confused a bit, but over all it went very well I thought and I agree white is a perfect color for a saleen and an '07 extreme is a very nice set up :bigthumbsup:

Thank you (and your wife) for coming! It was a little crazy, but next time will be better :judge:

Leedom 01-09-2010 11:33 PM

Sean, stop being so hard on yourself. Shit happens. We made it through with only a few incid3ents and once again almost everyone had a good time. that is the important thing, a bunch of car guys and gals going for a nice drive together enjoying the day (that sounds so corny)!!

BRUTAL64 01-10-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 42080)

I saw the Cutlass. That has so much potential. Being an "A" body all Chevelle suspension upgrades work with it. It so easy to make it a full "442". :hail:

BRUTAL64 01-10-2010 12:18 AM

Even thought at times " it looked like a cluster phuck", we had a great time. I was impressed with the variety of vehicles!!!!

Even thought you don't know your left from your right, Darlene stills loves you. Yes, I still like you too.:judge::rolling:

Fastback91 01-10-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 42082)
His neighbor bought it new and she passed away a few months ago. Total little old lady from Fullerton find:lmfao: Olds 350...Stock motor, he did do some mufflers so it sounds deeper, and swapped the tin hubcaps and wheels for some Pontiac rally wheels. Spent a lot of time talking to Glenn about motor options.

damn lucky kid. love to have a old school muscle.

Vettezuki 01-10-2010 03:20 AM

See OP for some pics and a link to the album. Working on video now.

Douglas Mariani 01-10-2010 10:12 AM

Sean you put together another wonderful cruise. Beth and I had a great time:thumbs_up: My accident wasn't that bad and the Vette goes into the body shop on Monday or Tuesday so it will be ready for the next cruise.

SeanPlunk 01-10-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 42090)
I saw the Cutlass. That has so much potential. Being an "A" body all Chevelle suspension upgrades work with it. It so easy to make it a full "442". :hail:

442 :drool2:

OC4g63 01-10-2010 12:28 PM

Great meet sean thaks for taking the time to put it together, big meets over long distances are difficult to keep everyone together w/o someone in the lead car position in constant communication to the last car but the stop in dana was good to get everyone back on track.

Sad I missed talking to Bob "bobsgsx" again I would have loved to have takin him for a spin or let him drive the Talon, real DSM lovers are hard to come by. Next time bob! if you cant find me tell sean to hunt me down!

was nice to meet a few new guys, saw a few nice EVO's (who had the blue EVO X machine finish wheels, few boltons, few passengers?) new s2k guy paco cool dude, and that RX7 w/ turbo'd vett motor...clean fittment! O btw the old school white convertable BMW 3series turbo think it was the early 90's...dig the ride man dont see many these days.

all in all awsome meet, love doin the cruzes srry we had to see doug's vet take a scuff :-(....im sure billy mays would have somthing you could rub on it to fix it if he were not dead! and I know for a fact the sham wow guy doesnt have anything to help LOL.

SeanPlunk 01-10-2010 01:15 PM

Courtesy of JoeLee of SVTPerformance:

BRUTAL64 01-10-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 42122)

Sorta of a "Dog's eye" view.:)

BRUTAL64 01-10-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 42090)

Just to add some info here. The Cutlass is an "A" body so here is the list of engines that could be put in there:

Chevy:
All Big Blocks
All Small Blocks

Buick:
All Big Blocks
All small Blocks

Pontiac:
All engines after 63.

Olds:
All engines after 64.
350 (which he has) and TA 403--which is is a SMALL block.

Quite a bunch isn't it.

Thinking maybe to change this to engine building for Cory to use.

I have a ton of stuff to share on this.

ZexGX 01-10-2010 04:49 PM

Thanks for setting this up Sean! Had a good time, even if the group got split up a bunch of times. It's pretty hard to keep more than 5 cars together for long cruises, let alone 60+!

I was wandering around the Savi meet point right before the group left and saw a friend of mine who I had no idea was going to the meet (green LS1 240SX). He locked his keys in the car so I helped him unlock it while watching the whole group leave, once that was done he had to get some gas. We finally got onto the 91 and saw that the onramp to the 15 was open so we took it and wound up in front of most of the cars... Including Sean who we saw get onto the 91 as we pulled into the gas station at Savi Ranch.. LOL. Oh well, shit happens.

Also, on the 74 I got stuck behind a food catering van and a Honda with a handicap plate who wouldn't use the turnouts while watching a 240SX on slicks & skinnies pull away from them in the corners. I hate when people don't use the turnouts. Always happens to me on Ortega. :(

Glenn: hope you get that issue with the Vette fixed soon, along with the income situation!

Dude with the red Vette: don't freak out man. It's just a fender bender! Things will get resolved.

BRUTAL64 01-10-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZexGX (Post 42138)
Glenn: hope you get that issue with the Vette fixed soon, along with the income situation!

IT is the rear seal of the tail shaft that is leaking. I put in a pint and all was fine. Still have the seal to fix, but that is life with a chevy.:p

No income yet. But, something is brewing for a few of us.

ZexGX 01-10-2010 05:48 PM

We lost the 5th gens entirely... They ended up at Fuddruckers... lol!

Chuck 01-10-2010 07:37 PM

Man sounds like it was a great time with few exceptions I would have loved to be there but I had to work... Oh and I can't drive (legally) for a few months. Hope to be on the next one. ;)

BRIAN 01-10-2010 10:53 PM

I broke a motor mount :(

Motor is crooked like it's FWD lol

enkeivette 01-10-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 42130)
Just to add some info here. The Cutlass is an "A" body so here is the list of engines that could be put in there:

Chevy:
All Big Blocks
All Small Blocks

Buick:
All Big Blocks
All small Blocks

Pontiac:
All engines after 63.

Olds:
All engines after 64.
350 (which he has) and TA 403--which is is a SMALL block.

Quite a bunch isn't it.

Thinking maybe to change this to engine building for Cory to use.

I have a ton of stuff to share on this.

Wasn't there an olds 350 "rocket" engine that was a short stroke big block?

enkeivette 01-10-2010 11:13 PM

PS. I love this forum. Variety is so much better.

silverscmustang 01-10-2010 11:45 PM

thanks again sean! the cruise was awesome even though there was some confusion lol definitly cant wait till the next motorgen cruise. and i agree, variety is so much better :) cool seeing a bunch of different cars just out cruising

BRUTAL64 01-11-2010 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 42159)

Not that I remember. I'll check.:thumbs_up:

You may be thinking of the OLD olds motors like the 303 Rocket.

ZexGX 01-11-2010 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 42159)

Yes - well, sort of. There were many Rocket engines from Olds, and they did make a Rocket 350.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_V8_engine#350

BRUTAL64 01-11-2010 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZexGX (Post 42180)
Yes - well, sort of. There were many Rocket engines from Olds, and they did make a Rocket 350.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oldsmobile_V8_engine#350

That was a Small Block along with the 403 OLDS engines that were in the TAs.

The 303 of the early 50s was a rather large engine. I have a book on this I'll check tomorrow.:thumbs_up:

mustangray 01-11-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 42160)
PS. I love this forum. Variety is so much better.

I agree, I love the veriety of cars, you can learn so much more that way

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 01-11-2010 10:42 AM

ok so like when i went threw this thread 2 nights ago on the eve of this meet... i was pretty drunk in going threw this thread. so i came accross a someones post on here that said "we are aiming at a time frame of 3:15-3:45 to be there"

well i took that ass being at the savi meet spot!!

so me and my other evo friends are at my house at 2pm and re-read the thread to make sure we know wat we're doing and i realized i had badly gotten my times wrong :-(!!

but we still left rancho at 2pm and took the cruise route which was freakin bad ass by the way!! i was hoping to "try" and catch up to u guys but no luck :-(

and i have brutal's number and kept calling it to see where u guys where!! but he never picked up :-(. so by the time we hit laguna beach at 4:20 we just decided to stay there and have a dinner and bon fire. i didnt wanna show up at huntington beach and no one be there. :-(

i blame this all on brutal not picking up his phone haha.

SeanPlunk 01-11-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 42221)
ok so like when i went threw this thread 2 nights ago on the eve of this meet... i was pretty drunk in going threw this thread. so i came accross a someones post on here that said "we are aiming at a time frame of 3:15-3:45 to be there"

well i took that ass being at the savi meet spot!!

so me and my other evo friends are at my house at 2pm and re-read the thread to make sure we know wat we're doing and i realized i had badly gotten my times wrong :-(!!

but we still left rancho at 2pm and took the cruise route which was freakin bad ass by the way!! i was hoping to "try" and catch up to u guys but no luck :-(

and i have brutal's number and kept calling it to see where u guys where!! but he never picked up :-(. so by the time we hit laguna beach at 4:20 we just decided to stay there and have a dinner and bon fire. i didnt wanna show up at huntington beach and no one be there. :-(

Fail. Call me next time :thumbs_up:

BRUTAL64 01-11-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* (Post 42221)

If it works for you......:lmfao: Is your # a 909? Yea, I missed the call. Sorry, I thought it was some pain in the ass call about a job.:rolleyes:

PM me about this and Ill put your name to the correct number. Sorry man.:surrender: Believe me, if I had known it was you, I would have called you back. Believe me.......Believe me........Believe......:p

You know a voice mail would have helped.:rolleyes:

Vettezuki 01-11-2010 03:45 PM

See OP for video.

st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* 01-11-2010 04:43 PM

sean whats your number? i had it a long time ago but that phone that it was saved in decided to take a swim wth some party goers at my house over the summer..... it was pretty!

--brutal- ya i know i lag it with leaving messeges, i dont know why either it's like an o.c.d. thing for me not to leave one hahaha. well we have everything sorted out for next time.

and according to what brutal told me, due to the crazieness you all went threw, me and my group of merry evo's where either right behind you guys or right in front of you all haha. that kinda makes me sad :-(, well next time i guess!

also is there any other meet's that go on before jan 16th? im looking to hit up as many things as i can before then. seeing as thats the day the dmv saught it fit to start suspending my license for the next 7 months :bang:

on that note im probably the most illusive member here hahah