Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Auto (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   What's your next mod? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12809)

Damian 03-06-2010 10:04 PM

Going to turbo my Eclipse.

mdpalmer 03-07-2010 01:33 PM

Man that car sounds absolutely nasty. Just love the sound that comes from these cars, reminds me why I wanted to get one.

Regarding next mod: some new seats :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 44309)
Probably :surrender:

I'd love to do this though:
YouTube- 04 Kenne Bell Cobra fly-bys / wot passes (643rwhp/613rwtq)

The sound alone is :drool2:

SeanPlunk 03-08-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdpalmer (Post 46840)
Man that car sounds absolutely nasty. Just love the sound that comes from these cars, reminds me why I wanted to get one.

Regarding next mod: some new seats :)

To quote Wayne's World: "It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine."

big_G 03-08-2010 08:18 PM

8 point cage.

Vettezuki 03-08-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_G (Post 46916)
8 point cage.

How you gonna handle the roof situation? You have to work hard in a C3 to keep the bar from the back to the front from being right next to your head (which is dangerous itself.)

enkeivette 03-09-2010 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 46917)
How you gonna handle the roof situation? You have to work hard in a C3 to keep the bar from the back to the front from being right next to your head (which is dangerous itself.)

I can def see that. I kept hitting my head on the headliner mounts after I removed the headliner because I'm tall. So then I cut the mounts off with a dremel tool. If there was a big steel bar there... that would suck.

Vettezuki 03-09-2010 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 46928)
I can def see that. I kept hitting my head on the headliner mounts after I removed the headliner because I'm tall. So then I cut the mounts off with a dremel tool. If there was a big steel bar there... that would suck.

I had a custom seat mount for my Sparco seat made. It sets about as flush to the floor as possible. I took out the liner portion of the top. I'm just 5'10~ and with a helmet I get reasonable clearance to the top, but not much. It wouldn't really be much to the side. About all you could do is forget that you have T-Tops and remove the latching mechanism (or somehow reorient them) and use chromoly instead of DOM (smaller possible diameter). Then it might be minimally tolerable . . . minimally.

big_G 03-09-2010 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 46917)

I will use the smaller chrome moly tubing, with padding. I don't have t-top liners. It's gonna be tight.

enkeivette 03-09-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_G (Post 46932)
I will use the smaller chrome moly tubing, with padding. I don't have t-top liners. It's gonna be tight.

If it's padded that should be cool. That padding will save your dome every time you come out of a driveway diagonally for sure.

kdracer73 03-11-2010 08:10 AM

Got a little slow at work, decided to kill time by fabing a air cleaner box to seal my air cleaner to the cowl induction hood...... if it goes well I'll put up pics. If it looks like crap.......:suicide: