Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Work, Paint, Detailing & Fabrication (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Having second thoughts. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=637)

BRUTAL64 09-22-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_G (Post 6511)
It appears you have a few more functioning brain cells than I. I stand corrected. Got to see that movie again.

Memorable quotes for
The Gumball Rally (1976) More at IMDb Pro ยป

Smith: So what is this, a vintage car?
Bannon: Well Smitty, some things get meaner as they get older.
Prof. Samuel Graves - Cobra Team: [about the Gumball Rally] To you this is just a stunt! Me, I've got a shot at tenure.. all I gotta do is stay out of trouble for a couple more years and I'll be set for life. I can't risk that!
Bannon: It's not a risk...it's a challenge.
Franco: [about their Ferrari] How's the bambina?
Smith: She's a-fulla gas, she's-a wait for you!
Franco: Hey, you make a good Italian!
Bannon: Hey Franco! Your mother called, she's been looking all over for you!
Franco: Now you make jokes on my mother, huh?
Bannon: No... about your mother, not on your mother. I wouldn't get *on* your mother!
Gibson - Camaro Team: [their Camaro is running hot] Jeez, can't we turn off the heater?
Ace Preston: Either the engine gets hot, or we get hot!
Gibson - Camaro Team: Well, I'm about to have a stroke!
Ace Preston: A stroke? I should be so lucky!
Barney Donahue: Andy, I need an inspiration.
Andy McAllister - Mercedes Team: Yeah, it's that time of the morning.
Barney Donahue: Something to make the blood *hot*.
Andy McAllister - Mercedes Team: [pulls out a bottle] What would you say to a bit of Henry the Fifth?
Barney Donahue: Ah, you're a mind reader!
Franco: [shouting] Now you are marked...for life!
Jane - Porsche Team: Alright, the lights are set to 32 miles per hour, just keep going on Sepulveda!
Alice - Porsche Team: OK, hang on!
[starts to downshift and floor the throttle]
Alice - Porsche Team: [Two motorcycle cops pull up on either side to check out the girls, and Alice holds up] Smile!
Jane - Porsche Team: How fast are we going now?
Alice - Porsche Team: [with a large fake smile on her face] 32 miles an hour.
Roscoe: This is Roscoe's Last Stand!
Roscoe: One day, Bannon... you *and* Smith!
Bannon: The age of the motor car is over.
Franco: And now my friend, the first-a rule of Italian driving.
[Franco rips off his rear-view mirror and throws it out of the car]
Franco: What's-a behind me is not important.

Chopper Pilot: Sir? We can't catch 'em.
Roscoe: Whaddaya mean?
Chopper Pilot: They must be doing 180. We don't even have a fixed-wing that'll go that fast!
Bannon: Fifty-five is fast enough to kill you, but slow enough to make you think you're safe.
Barney Donahue: You know how often my wife tried to get me to get rid of this car? Well that's German machinery for you. The car outlasted her.

I was close. Hell, I saw that movie went it came out at a drive in. We actually watched it.:judge:

BRUTAL64 09-22-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 6528)
Sorry. I really want to go on the moonlight run, and I still have a lot of work left to do. I'm touchy. I suppose I could go before the paint, but it would suck to be on the freeway for that long with no weatherstripping.

Just primer it. Then go on the run and check the body afterwards for cracks. :thumbs_up:

enkeivette 09-22-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 6598)
Just primer it. Then go on the run and check the body afterwards for cracks. :thumbs_up:

That's a really good idea actually. But don't most cracks take a year to show through? I'm sort of worried about the rear bumper, because someone else glued it on and used 10lbs of Bondo. I took off all of the Bondo, but I'll have to live with the last glue job. I'll just do the best job with the reinforced filler that I can.

BRUTAL64 09-22-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 6604)
That's a really good idea actually. But don't most cracks take a year to show through? I'm sort of worried about the rear bumper, because someone else glued it on and used 10lbs of Bondo. I took off all of the Bondo, but I'll have to live with the last glue job. I'll just do the best job with the reinforced filler that I can.

Yea, the 1 year cracks are the tough ones. If there is a really stressed or shit area, it should show up right away. You see, I'm doing the crack test, it's been going on since 1973.:laugh:

SeanPlunk 09-27-2008 04:37 PM

Brutal, I saw this and thought of you. Not many cars can do the flat black thing, but this one works for me :hail:

Vettezuki 09-27-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 6779)
Brutal, I saw this and thought of you. Not many cars can do the flat black thing, but this one works for me :hail:

You know, I was never much of a fan of the GT, but this one looks wiked bad. I keep running into blacked out C6Zs, those are some bad muthas.

BRUTAL64 09-29-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 6779)

Yea, way cool.:bigthumbsup:

enkeivette 01-23-2009 10:11 PM

Shirley, if you look closely, you can see that I reused the lip from the 74 bumper. I cut it off, then after I laid out the piece to fill in the gap, I carefully placed the cut off lip on the new glass and set it at the correct angle. Then I laid some pieces over the new glass connecting it to the lip. Lay some thin pieces around the curved part to connect the lips. Then drill some new holes, or clean up the old ones rather.

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 5899)

Shirley1978 01-25-2009 01:10 PM

adam, ... never mind..i see now..

thanx anyways

-Jonny

kameleongt 02-02-2009 11:09 PM

damn that porsche looks effen sicK!