Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Test for Echo - Off Road Cruise? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664)

94cobra69ss396 09-13-2008 11:42 PM

Sean, Throttle Crazy is my brother with the FJ40 I posted the picture of.

Vettezuki 09-14-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Throttle Crazy (Post 6239)
Hey guys, I am the newbie with the FJ40. I think that the 2n17x Trail that runs behind Lake Siverwood is a great beginner trail and offers some difficult challenges for those who have a "Larger Set". Of course I was talking about tires. There is by-passes to most of the hard stuff. The down falls to Azusa Canyons are, cost just to get in, heavily patroled by Forest Service, can get really busy and damage is very likley in stock vehicles. Also depending on time of year water can get very deep. I used to live at the bottom of the hill and go up there all the time. Sometimes just sitting out on my porch watching all of the rolled, broken, sunk vehicles come down on tow trucks was just as fun. I am up for putting together a run with my brother if anyone is interested.

Welcome aboard.:thumbs_up: Cool, why don't you and your brother put together a Silverado run for one of the weekends in mid November. We'll help promote and support as we can.

CorruptCulture 09-15-2008 12:22 AM

Can I cruise with you guys on these? We have two of them and love to take them out. We've done the Lake Silverwood Trail that 94cobra mentioned. Finally a cruise I can participate in. :thumbs_up:

CorruptCulture 09-15-2008 12:30 AM

Off-Road

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 6110)
What are they thinking of doing?

If you need help or trail guides for planning the Off-road trip, my dad would love to get involved. He bought a bunch of guides when we bought are quads. And he's pretty experienced with the surrounding areas leading my brother (and enkie) in Scouts.

enkeivette 09-15-2008 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorruptCulture (Post 6276)
If you need help or trail guides for planning the Off-road trip, my dad would love to get involved. He bought a bunch of guides when we bought are quads. And he's pretty experienced with the surrounding areas leading my brother (and enkie) in Scouts.

See if Jeff White would want to go.

SeanPlunk 09-15-2008 09:28 AM

Quote:

Hey guys, I am the newbie with the FJ40. I think that the 2n17x Trail that runs behind Lake Siverwood is a great beginner trail and offers some difficult challenges for those who have a "Larger Set". Of course I was talking about tires. There is by-passes to most of the hard stuff. The down falls to Azusa Canyons are, cost just to get in, heavily patroled by Forest Service, can get really busy and damage is very likley in stock vehicles. Also depending on time of year water can get very deep. I used to live at the bottom of the hill and go up there all the time. Sometimes just sitting out on my porch watching all of the rolled, broken, sunk vehicles come down on tow trucks was just as fun. I am up for putting together a run with my brother if anyone is interested.

Welcome to the board, I love your FJ :bigthumbsup: I think the route you suggested sounds good. Now we just need to figure out a date :pot_stir:

94cobra69ss396 09-15-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorruptCulture (Post 6276)

I use to do this trail once a week with my wife and daughters so I should be good.:thumbs_up:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorruptCulture (Post 6273)
Can I cruise with you guys on these? We have two of them and love to take them out. We've done the Lake Silverwood Trail that 94cobra mentioned. Finally a cruise I can participate in. :thumbs_up:

If you are an experienced rider I'm sure you can make it. If not both my brother (Throttle Crazy) and I are so we could help if need be. I've seen bikes go up it before.

I'll get with my brother and we'll throw some dates out here to see what everyone has available.

SeanPlunk 09-15-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

If we were planning for sometime in November, would we start having to worry about snow already?

Vettezuki 09-15-2008 11:34 AM

Date wise I think we can help narrow it down.

November 1,2 - Street Legals
November 8,9 - Open
November 15,16 - Formula D (at least Saturday) some of us might be going
November 22,23 - Open
November 29,30 - Open, but the weekend after Thanksgiving

I might suggest November 8 as a starting point. But you guys call it since you're going to handle the details. :thumbs_up:

94cobra69ss396 09-15-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 6298)
If we were planning for sometime in November, would we start having to worry about snow already?

No. I've only run into snow there once and it just made the run more enjoyable.

November 8th sounds good to me and it's good for my brother. Can you add it to the event calendar?:bigthumbsup: