Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   1988 Mustang GT "Max" Project freebox (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28546)

Shaolin Crane 08-26-2012 11:29 AM

Friday I started by making the bolster panel for the rear seats, the foam cushions are thicker on the SN car so they changed the rear upper floor pan, everythingt else is the same, So I used SN carpet and wala, looks factory. Also removed that stupid knuckle for the rearm mount of the cage, glad I didnt rely on that cage cause the welds held like shit.

Also madea simpleamp rack, I was gonna ge all crazy and weld something coo looking but this is lighter and simpler, also made another rack for a piece of plywood to support the weight of the sub when the carpet is installed, then covered them in headliner material to reduce squeeks, but I traded in my phone and my uploads are all fucked up.

Also installed the quarter panels and roof trim around the headliner

Seat test fit
Saturday was kind of fucked up since I dislocated my shoulder again and had a few a/c jobs but I had to clean the metal glaze, dried tape and overspray from the windows
Before

After

Then removed the tape glue from the trim, sanded and painted

Day shot after some more fitting

Looks almost like a car

Damian 08-26-2012 01:30 PM

Lookin good.

94cobra69ss396 08-27-2012 08:15 AM

I agree. You're going to have it done before I have the Cobra running again.

Shaolin Crane 08-27-2012 09:44 AM

Seeing as how I have your heads still I could probably guarantee i'll finish first if I wanted to :) BTW you need to pick those up today, i've been putting him off for too long.

I have some shitty pics of yesterdays work. Did the upholstery swap on the upper cushions
Left is finish right is untouched

Shitty pics of the cushions installed

Shaolin Crane 08-27-2012 11:08 PM

Day shots of the seats

Still not 100% installed, need to fix the issue of the gap and install the retainer lips for the bottom cushion to glose the other gaps

Shaolin Crane 08-28-2012 12:42 PM

Mocking up the seats to make the brackets

Damian 08-28-2012 03:14 PM

Damn, you might finish before I do.

Shaolin Crane 08-28-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian (Post 102429)
Damn, you might finish before I do.

I leave for vegas friday for a week so you're gonna get a head start on me.

Damian 08-28-2012 06:56 PM

Not when I spend $600 at a place and they take a full week to ship out the parts that are in stock and they ship it UPS ground from GA.

Shaolin Crane 08-28-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian (Post 102440)
Not when I spend $600 at a place and they take a full week to ship out the parts that are in stock and they ship it UPS ground from GA.

I just bought parts from agora hills that took 8 days to get here, I could have driven and picked them up, shit I could have ridden my bike and got them sooner.