Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Engine Related (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1054)

enkeivette 01-21-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 14045)
From Supercharger USA:

Hi Ben

No, I don't have a snout or a bearing plate. We repair, but don't replace since there are no parts left

Sorry buddy

Thanks

Ship it out, have them repair it! Who cares about parts availability in the future? Once it's spruced up it should be good for another 100K miles.

Vettezuki 01-21-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 14070)
Ship it out, have them repair it! Who cares about parts availability in the future? Once it's spruced up it should be good for another 100K miles.

The way I read their response was that it was beyond repair, because those parts were too damaged and they don't exist to be replaced. However, I sent them an emails to follow. Ron also gave me a place to try.

big2bird 01-21-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 14070)

:laugh::laugh:

big2bird 01-21-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 14014)
Bird, a lot of us that are working on this car already have the experience needed to build the engine with the blower, me for an example. This engine with the blower is basically the same that I built for my Cobra. I also built my Chevelle which has gone as fast as 10.35 on a set of 26x8.5/14 M/T slicks so I think we can make the RX-Snake hook up on a little wider tire.

I think if we can't get the blower fixed that we should go N/A but if we can fix the blower we should definitely bolt it on.

I did not mean to imply you guys cannot. Factually, the engine is my last concern. It's a given the engine can be built.

big2bird 01-21-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 14051)

I won't even ask. That had to hurt like hell though.

big2bird 01-21-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 14032)
Turbos are a PAIN in the ASS. :suicide:

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumb s_up::thumbs_up:

SeanPlunk 01-21-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 14076)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he said the giant round crack is where his head hit the windshield. If I know Joe though, it'll be better than ever when he's done with it :bigthumbsup:

Vettezuki 01-21-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 14081)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he said the giant round crack is where his head hit the windshield. . .

That explains a lot. . .

joedls 01-21-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 14076)

Yeah, it hurt. The paramedics couldn't believe I was never unconcious. Spent 4 days in the hospital.

The AC hoses were tied up to the export brace with zipties. A couple of them broke and the hoses dropped down just enough to interfere with the throttle linkage. I couldn't get the accelerator to move. When it did, it pushed past the hose to WOT. The hose wouldn't allow the linkage to return. I hit that loading dock wall ~60 MPH.

joedls 01-21-2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 14081)
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he said the giant round crack is where his head hit the windshield. If I know Joe though, it'll be better than ever when he's done with it :bigthumbsup:

Yep, that was my head. The car is currently under construction. :bigthumbsup: