Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Body, Paint, Name, Logos (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053)

Vettezuki 08-27-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kameleongt (Post 30664)
Let me know if YOU guys need any other supplies part #'s work best I should be able to give you close to my price on everything.

I've got you in mind home slice. ;) BTW, can you check the correct ratio of the reducer to that primer?

kameleongt 08-27-2009 11:31 PM

I usually do 1 part ep210 to 1 part ex21 to half 1 reducer

enkeivette 08-28-2009 03:41 PM

When we did sealer on my car, we thinned the epoxy out till it looked right. Think we used more reducer than epoxy.

kameleongt 09-14-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 30777)
When we did sealer on my car, we thinned the epoxy out till it looked right. Think we used more reducer than epoxy.

that could be the case if so let me know i'll drop off some more reducer just let me know what I gave you.

enkeivette 01-05-2010 06:32 PM

Ben, go outside and turn the heat lamp on high, then move it around every hour.

Laid out the mold today. The first layer looked awesome, no air bubbles that I could see. The second layer looked good too, but the third layer looks kinda ugly, lots of air bubbles. I ran out of catalyst and I had to go to Home Depot to buy some more. Then it got dark as I was finishing, so I did my best in the dark. But it looked like alot of air bubbles formed under there, although it won't matter because it's more structural. The first layer is what's important for the mold.

Sorry about the trash everywhere. I spilled Laquer thinner on my hand and that mixed with catalyzed resin equals BURNING PAIN. Had to drive home quickly and wash it off. It was too dark anyways.

enkeivette 01-05-2010 06:33 PM

But yeah, we need more MEKP (resin catalyst). The tube I bought at Home Depot was the biggest they had, but not enough for what we're doing.

big2bird 01-05-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 41749)

Sorry about the trash everywhere. I spilled Laquer thinner on my hand and that mixed with catalyzed resin equals BURNING PAIN. Had to drive home quickly and wash it off. It was too dark anyways.

Try getting liquid catalyst in your eyes. Building a fish tank at 14 years old. Thought I might go blind.:lmfao:
I know the pain bro. Been there, done that.

BRUTAL64 01-05-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 41753)
Try getting liquid catalyst in your eyes. Building a fish tank at 14 years old. Thought I might go blind.:lmfao:
I know the pain bro. Been there, done that.

Didn't get it in the eyes, but just about everywhere else. Don't forget the fiberglass itch the goes on for days.:rolleyes:

enkeivette 01-08-2010 02:30 AM

Three days of work and no pics? :huh:

Vettezuki 01-08-2010 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 41966)
Three days of work and no pics? :huh:

Yeah, sorry. This is the only one of the work you've done recently that I go.